Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Absence of Aural Pleasure in EV's bad?
Yes 88 42.72%
No 118 57.28%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 13:46   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: No Aural Pleasure in electric cars: Is it bad?

I voted "No". Why? Because the aural pleasure actually comes much later than driving pleasure. And I already dislike the EVs due to the lack of a "mechanical" driving pleasure. So sound or no sound makes hardly any difference for me.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying I'm opposed to EVs. They are the way for the future. Smooth, eco friendly automatic cars for all. However - when they become mainstream and when I buy an EV for myself after running out of options, I will use a car as a point A to point B transport means. Till that point, I have cars for that driving pleasure. Of the mechanical clatter, mechanical failures, fiddling, tuning, DIY repairs and so on!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 14:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

What's music that keeps playing continuously whether one want's it or not; it's called "tinnitus". I prefer silence, as such there's more than enough ambient noise in the Indian context: it's a given that we're a 'noisy' lot, why announce to the whole neighborhood that you've (literally) "arrived" with that 'exhaust note'?
Old 2nd May 2020, 23:05   #48
BHPian

Although I do agree that aural pleasure of ICE engines will be missed, there is something futuristic about the whine from a high power EV. Maybe its because i watch too many Sci-Fi movies!

Generally, like with everything else, I am sure manufacturers would find ways to bring this aural pleasure back in EVs, in one way or the other (Fake ICE sounds maybe?) but I wouldn't complaint if I had to live with a car with the futuristic whine. I would be more concerned with the other aspects of an EV (range, charge speed etc).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks