Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2020, 14:03   #91
BHPian

Re: Converted my Chevrolet Beat to an Electric Vehicle!

This is Brilliant. Have you thought about developing same solution for a Bajaj / TVS 3 wheeler? That would become an instant hit if it priced correctly. Their daily running may not cross 150- 200KM a day also.
Old 3rd June 2020, 02:02   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
This is Brilliant. Have you thought about developing same solution for a Bajaj / TVS 3 wheeler? That would become an instant hit if it priced correctly. Their daily running may not cross 150- 200KM a day also.
Yes but the pricing turns out quite expensive.
stuntfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 20:40   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntfreak View Post
Thanks for your kind words. As of now we are still in R&D phase. If and when we have a reliable product for an Alto, we shall inform you.

Sorry and thanks.
Would be great if find something for the ALTO and Wagon R.

Thanks Again
Vineet

Last edited by bblost : 4th June 2020 at 21:37. Reason: typo
Old 27th August 2020, 19:48   #94
BHPian

How do you manage the electricity bill? This has been a big stumbling block for me to acquire an electric vehicle in Kerala due the non -telescopic charges for electricity in Kerala. My monthly expense is 5000 on petrol but if I had covered the same distance on anelectric vehicle my electric bill will go up by about Rs 1200 from the present day Rs 2300 to Rs 3500. Setting up a dedicated solar plant is the only option in Kerala.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th August 2020 at 22:54. Reason: Typo
Old 28th August 2020, 10:21   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
How do you manage the electricity bill? This has been a big stumbling block for me to acquire an electric vehicle in Kerala due the non -telescopic charges for electricity in Kerala. My monthly expense is 5000 on petrol but if I had covered the same distance on anelectric vehicle my electric bill will go up by about Rs 1200 from the present day Rs 2300 to Rs 3500. Setting up a dedicated solar plant is the only option in Kerala.
Did you mean to say that the electric vehicle will utilize Rs1200 worth of electricity for the same distance travelled by your ICE vehicle for Rs5000 worth of petrol? Why would saving Rs3800 on fuel be a stumbling block?
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 16:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
You have calculated a saving of 3800 every month, also some more savings on maintenance.

Roof top Solar is a great idea irrespective of whether you have an EV or not. For our society we are looking for rooftop solar, I got a quotation for 30kw system for 16 lakhs. I made a quick calculation, the 16 lakh investment in solar is much better than having a Mutual Fund with 12% annual returns and 2x better than bank FD.

In these difficult times, if you have some cash and a roof better to invest in Solar, the savings are in the form of monthly power bill savings.
SKC-auto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 08:39   #97

Hi. Great job on the beat. I have a 2001 Sierra Turbo which is currently being restored, but the engine is completely ceased. Reading through this I'm leaning towards an ev conversion rather than repair/ replace the current IC engine, but my knowledge regarding EVs is zero.

How much will cost will I be looking at if I'm looking at having a conversion with 300+ kms range, regen braking, and power, torque and cruising speed similar to the original IC engine? Since I'm pants at doing this myself, will you be able to do the conversion for me if I transport the vehicle to you? Also looking at having this registered properly as an EV.

Too many questions, I know but the possibility of having our old Sierra running again and that too as an EV has got me too excited.
ARCHANG3L is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 11:35   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntfreak View Post

Anyways if you’re interested you can come with your car. We can convert it together and make a nice video too. We have started filming our conversions now and plan to make a YouTube series on this. Again a non commercial activity. To encourage and guide ppl to do the same. After all the future is electric. We also plan to integrate legal aspects in video and norms laid out by the CMVR.
I am interested in converting my Grand I10.
How long would it take for conversion and any tentative cost would be helpful please.
Did you think of applying patent on these conversions?
And what would you do with the engine after conversion? Do you have any tie ups with OEMs for a sale?

Last edited by coolmind : 2nd December 2020 at 11:42. Reason: Addition of text
Old 9th March 2021, 13:53   #99

Hi,

First of all a great thread but the youtube link doesn't seem to be working. Can you please provide a working link.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks