Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 00:54   #151

Re: Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by savirbajaj View Post
Attachment 2389970

There it arrives at the dealership
Congratulations!!

Does it have Black or Blue interiors? Also, does it matter to receive the vehicle at the end of the year?
Old 15th December 2022, 04:18   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptron View Post
Congratulations!!

Does it have Black or Blue interiors? Also, does it matter to receive the vehicle at the end of the year?
It has blue interiors, well for me taking delivery at end of year really doesn’t matter, anyways it’s a Nov manufacturing. It actually depends on when the resale happens which would anyways be taking a hit due to newer models and technology coming in but till then it is worth enjoying the ride.
Old 22nd December 2022, 15:30   #153
BHPian

Quote:
It has blue interiors, well for me taking delivery at end of year really doesn’t matter, anyways it’s a Nov manufacturing. It actually depends on when the resale happens which would anyways be taking a hit due to newer models and technology coming in but till then it is worth enjoying the ride.
I reckon you must have taken the delivery and enjoying the car. Congratulation.

Can you guide as to how was payment etc done, did they charge the old rate or new, and the extras costs you incurred.

Please also give some first hand review too.
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:04   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post

Can you guide as to how was payment etc done, did they charge the old rate or new, and the extras costs you incurred.

Thanks for your wishes, yes I have taken delivery and currently have sent the car for ppf will be posting detailed review shortly

After the booking and payment of deposit amount I received a call from the dealer that the vehicle would be ready by 1st week December he sent me sales contract for signature post which i and financer had to transfer the payment to Volvo directly

Once the payment was done the car was dispatched to dealership who demanded the premium for insurance and other charges thereon the registration took 7-8 days

So the process was smooth only thing there is communication gap wherein neither Volvo nor dealership have exact dates or timeline for vehicle delivery

The limited drive that I had in the vehicle was exciting coming from diesel cars this one is super smooth the interior gives u a good feel yes the back seat is not as comfortable due to the battery packs and the boot space compromised for the spare tyre

Quote:

The rate charged to me was the old rate as at the time of placing the online order the dealer confirmed that volvo shall be charging the rate as on date of booking to all customers

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd December 2022 at 17:35. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
savirbajaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:40   #155
BHPian

Quote:
After the booking and payment of deposit amount I received a call from the dealer that the vehicle would be ready by 1st week December he sent me sales contract for signature post which I and financier had to transfer the payment to Volvo directly
Thanks, this direct sales thing can become a norm. Waiting for the review. I have booked the sage green one will take some more months. But the blue looks cool.

Quote:
The rate charged to me was the old rate as at the time of placing the online order the dealer confirmed that Volvo shall be charging the rate as on date of booking to all customers
That's good to know.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd December 2022 at 19:28. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 23rd December 2022, 08:18   #156
BHPian

After a five month long wait, finally took delivery of the vehicle yesterday. Might end up writing a review in the future but for now, here's few pictures -

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-img_4302.jpg

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-img_4301.jpg
dealer is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 12:11   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
After a five month long wait, finally took delivery of the vehicle yesterday. Might end up writing a review in the future but for now, here's few pictures -
Congratulations. So they have started delivery for green. May I know when you booked it.
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:05   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. So they have started delivery for green. May I know when you booked it.
Hey! Thank you for the wishes. I booked the vehicle within the first hour of the bookings being opened.
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:24   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
Hey! Thank you for the wishes. I booked the vehicle within the first hour of the bookings being opened.
. Enjoy your ride.
Me too booked at the first hour was showing 4 months wait. Should be expecting the THE call soon.
Old 24th December 2022, 14:13   #160

First Drive Review

Had been planning to write this review on the very first day but got delayed as was trying to spend the maximum possible time with my Love (that’s what my wife now calls it) the Volvo XC40 Recharge. Will try to keep it as precise as possible as a detailed review will follow after spending some more time with it

Booking
As we all are aware the booking was done online on 27th July 2022 even before the opening of the official time of 11:00 AM hence I was one of the first few customers to have got the delivery early.

Post Booking
Volvo has been pretty uncommunicative regarding the status updates as till end of November there was practically no response infact was told that the delivery wont be happening even in Dec and might stretch to Feb citing some delay in import of the cars, just one fine day got a call from Volvo Charger Installation Team regarding site survey, the installation team scheduled the appointment and communicated that they are installing chargers for all expecting the car within 15-20 days, I was surprised that neither Volvo nor the dealership had any info on the same upon completion of survey sent the report to the dealership only post that got the confirmation that my car has been allocated subject to clearance of payment / finance. Within a week all formalities had been completed and the dealer communicated that the vehicle has been dispatched to dealership.

Delivery
The delivery was pretty smooth there was some Temp Regn done in Karnataka and the vehicle sent to the local dealership who completed all RTO formalities which took about 7-8 days and finally got the vehicle on 18th December, the process was smooth with warm welcome and the car wrapped in cloth decorated with ribbons and balloons. Once the paperwork was completed we began the process of welcoming it into our lives. At the time of delivery the battery was showing as 86%, the dealer advised to keep it between 20-90% for optimum performance and set the max charge at 90% which ofcourse can be set as per personal preference and travel route.

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-img_5327.jpg
Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-img_5346-copy.jpg

First Drive
Coming in from Diesel Cars it was a surprise how fast this goes the moment you put the foot it is ready to take off and accelerates within no time, at times had to actually be watchful of the speed limits. The car is super silent and since it doesn’t have any start / stop button you don’t even realize that it is ready to go the moment you on the seat shift to D mode and it takes off. The moment you sit in the drivers seat the air conditioner starts at the previous setting even the setting for the same is on the ICE. The one pedal drive has a single mode of regeneration and the car comes to a standstill within a few meters as the braking system is quite powerful

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-img_5367.jpg

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-img_5364.jpg

Instrument Cluster
Although there is a lot more to explore the entire functionality is based on the centre screen with all option right from back seat head rest down, one pedal driving, display settings, light settings everything is in it like an android tablet, at times you have to actually struggle to find a setting since it is hidden in sub menus. The driver information display behind the steering has limited options like maps, current speed, battery %, if you further go on the steering controls you may find the trip details which is not shown by default.

The ICE is touchscreen having all functionalities like an Android Tablet including play store where you can download apps, connect your phone with Volvo ID and you get all details on the phone right from the location the current status of the car and other details, I happened to download Spotify which works brilliantly but cant store any data or songs, connectivity for Apple Car Play and Android Auto is seamless you have type C ports below the ICE for connectivity and charging along with a wireless charger.

Range
I got the car at 86% battery with the reading of 21 Kms on the ODO although the initial days went in exploring the car features hence the battery range would be certainly lower after about driving for 130 odd Kms the batter still showed 43% giving about 3 Kms for every percentage of charge. I certainly expect it to perform better under normal driving conditions since during this period it was more about exploring the ICE menu wherein the Air Conditioner and Music would be running. The charging takes about an hour to charge 17% on the 11KW charger so a 0-100 can be expected in around 6 hours haven’t tried charging with the portable charger yet.

Comfort
The front row seats are very comfortable with automated seat adjustments for driver with memory options a centre armrest, a small dustbin and ample storage for day to day needs. The rear seats tend to have low space making it ideal for 4 passengers as the comfort has been compromised due to the battery pack, but for 4 passengers you get ample place and the ride was quite comfortable for the passengers as well, you have a panaromic sunroof which brightens the atmosphere at night specially and with the current cool weather it is pleasure to drive, the sunroof happens to let some light pass through during day time.

Some Cons

The vehicle wheels are of different sizes in front and back and the spare wheel eats into the boot space. Even basic controls are from the Centre Console like Air Conditioner adjustments, which is difficult to operate while driving. The moment you get of the driver seat all music system, air conditioner and other accessories shut down with no option or setting incase you wish to leave the car with rear passengers seated.

Well I am still exploring the car and would be back with a more detailed review once I spend some more time with it.
savirbajaj is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 13:00   #161

Quote:
First Drive Review
Great review. Here are a few of my own pictures for the Fjord Blue version too.

I agree with all of your review in terms to delivery (charger guy calling before the dealership! )

Just a couple of additions from my experience:

1. One-pedal is amazing! I've turned it on a week ago and I'm going to struggle even with AT on other cars now. The fact that you modulate a single pedal for acceleration and breaking and the software figures it out leads to an improvement over AT.

2. I undertook a driver to Lonavala over the weekend and was happy to find a charger as soon as I entered Lonavala outside a wax museum . Mapro's, where we went to eat fresh strawberry later also had several chargers.

I think charging will rapidly become a way for restaurants, business to gain a little extra business alongside attracting customers to the business in the first place. Charge the car while your eat! So I don't expect too much range anxiety.

Overall, everyone who's gotten in to the car appreciates the understated Scandinavian design elements - from the air vents, to the backlit `panel` design around the dashboard. The interfaces are almost boring to someone that likes bling but I find it perfect.

The Android system is uncluttered, the app store is currently sparse but it has everything you would need for entertainment on a long drive. I'm looking forward to Amazon Music app to be available (it already is in the US).
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-pxl_20221221_050048778.jpg  

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-pxl_20221221_050035076.jpg  

Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-pxl_20221221_050028552.jpg  

idlethread is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 17:56   #162

Quote:
Even basic controls are from the Centre Console like Air Conditioner adjustments, which is difficult to operate while driving.
I've started using voice commands for changing things while driving and it seems to work fine. With Google working on this car closely with Volvo, I feel they've tried hard so that most features are available over voice and you shouldn't need to mess with the central console - safer that way. And by using the voice command button on the steering wheel, you don't have to do the "OK google" thing either.

Here are a few sites to help you get familiar with the language that voice commands respond to:
  1. https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answe...voice-commands
  2. https://www.xc40forum.com/threads/fu...commands.3805/
idlethread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 18:42   #163
BHPian

Thanks for the brief but important reviews. looking forward for more updates.

Any one wants to book the car the black colour is available for early delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs-xc40.jpg  

rishi7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 10:00   #164

Hi All,
This is my first post on Team Bhp.
I booked an Xc-40 recharge on the same day the bookings went live, I got a call from my dealer in Hyderabad (Krishna Volvo) stating that the vehicle has been allocated to me. They say that since the vehicle would have temporary registration outside telangana it would attract a 7% tax during registration. The dealer said that Volvo is setting up a GST office in Hyderabad to get around this issue.
Did anyone from Telangana face this issue? and the dealer said to push my delivery till this issue has been resolved.
Old 16th January 2023, 13:07   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlethread View Post
Great review. Here are a few of my own pictures for the Fjord Blue version too.
Congratulations!! Is this with blue or black interiors? Dealer tells me that only blue interior option is available with Fjord blue colour even though I booked with black interior!! Not sure of colour fading issue over long time??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks