Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2023, 21:53   #166

Re: Volvo XC40 Recharge Electric SUV, now launched at Rs. 55.90 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptron View Post
Congratulations!! Is this with blue or black interiors? Dealer tells me that only blue interior option is available with Fjord blue colour even though I booked with black interior!! Not sure of colour fading issue over long time??
Blue interiors. Though it's not overwhelming since it is tastefully balanced with the gray seats.

And if you opt for the black rubber mats, most of the blue will be hidden away near your feet.

I like the blue interiors personally.

A sun reflector placed on the windshield is an easy and cheap way to protect the interiors from fading and will also keep the temperature down.
idlethread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 22:17   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by savirbajaj View Post

There it arrives at the dealership

Hello - Congrats on your purchase and hope you have had a pleasant time driving the car. As someone who has booked an XC40 recharge myself (and still awaiting a confirmation from Volvo on delivery timelines), request inputs on a few specific concerns:

1) Many online dashboards (xc40forum.com) have dedicated pages for XC40 recharge that provides real world user experience, albeit in the western world. Recurring issues seem to be around the TCAM module and availability of spares. Have you have experienced any issues?

2) The battery in the XC40 recharge is air-cooled. I am told this may not be ideal for Indian summers and could result in thermal throlling (vs. a liquid cooled battery system - which is more reliable). Did you do any research in this regard?

3) When we are in start-stop traffic/get stuck in traffic signals for a long time - does the battery drain significantly? (akin to how the mileage in an ICE vehicle drops when left idling - with the AC on)

4) Online boards also have users complaining about the google infotainment system as being very buggy. Your thoughts?
Old 31st January 2023, 14:44   #168
BHPian

Suggestion

Volvo has already updated in EU market (and US market too I think) the XC40 and C40 with RWD, more range, power and faster charging. So would suggest anyone considering XC40 electric to spend money on the facelift than the outgoing product. No brainer, IMHO.

source

Last edited by carthick1000 : 31st January 2023 at 14:48.
Old 31st January 2023, 20:54   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car’toon’ View Post
Hello - Congrats on your purchase and hope you have had a pleasant time driving the car. As someone who has booked an XC40 recharge myself (and still awaiting a confirmation from Volvo on delivery timelines), request inputs on a few specific concerns:
5. Real world range also please
Old 2nd February 2023, 06:30   #170
BHPian

I was offered delivery for my white ext, blue int car in Dec 22. Pushed it out to get 23 manufactured. Getting it this month.

Did any of you find any online site to find insurance coverage for XC40 Recharge? Policy bazaar does not have this model listed.

I'm sure with RTI, Zero dep, Engine protect and consumables, it should be under INR 1L. Volvo wants INR 2.6L for their insurance.
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:33   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
I was offered delivery for my white ext, blue int car in Dec 22. Pushed it out to get 23 manufactured. Getting it this month.

Did any of you find any online site to find insurance coverage for XC40 Recharge? Policy bazaar does not have this model listed.

I'm sure with RTI, Zero dep, Engine protect and consumables, it should be under INR 1L. Volvo wants INR 2.6L for their insurance.
I am also getting delivery this month and got a similar insurance/pro-forma invoice. There is an additional charge of 100000 for accessories by the dealer and it's not clear for what accessories. Can someone share details around their charges.. thanks in advance.
Old 2nd February 2023, 16:58   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptron View Post
I am also getting delivery this month and got a similar insurance/pro-forma invoice. There is an additional charge of 100000 for accessories by the dealer and it's not clear for what accessories. Can someone share details around their charges.. thanks in advance.
I found Martial Motors to be one of the worst that I have seen. They were high nosed, snooty and their attitude was to fleece and overcharge for everything. I am not surprised at inflated charges for accessories, handling charges etc.

I had booked XC40 Recharge, which I ended up cancelling as I found the rear space to be inadequate for my needs. Had I not cancelled for rear seat space, I might have for this particular dealer's attitude.

~sm
Old 4th February 2023, 02:54   #173
BHPian

all these are views/opinions after driving my brother’s Polestar 2 for over a 1000 miles in the US. It’s basically got the same Motors and batteries and even the infotainment system.

Quote:

1) Many online dashboards (xc40forum.com) have dedicated pages for XC40 recharge that provides real world user experience, albeit in the western world. Recurring issues seem to be around the TCAM module and availability of spares. Have you have experienced any issues?
My brother owns a Polestar 2 in the US and it's basically the same tech underneath. We actually had to change the TCAM module when we were there. Which was over a year after he bought the car. The issue was alarming coz it wouldn’t let us get any navigation. So it was difficult for me to drive it when I was there. It took them a day to try trouble shooting with us using some “secret” controls to reset the module in the car and when it didn’t work it took them 2 days to procure the module and install it.

Quote:

2) The battery in the XC40 recharge is air-cooled. I am told this may not be ideal for Indian summers and could result in thermal throlling (vs. a liquid cooled battery system - which is more reliable). Did you do any research in this regard?
Shouldn’t really be much of an issue but might slow down fast charging of over 100KW. Should be a non-issue on a standard 50kW charger.

Quote:

3) When we are in start-stop traffic/get stuck in traffic signals for a long time - does the battery drain significantly? (akin to how the mileage in an ICE vehicle drops when left idling - with the AC on)
I was stuck in Bay Area traffic for a few hours in the Polestar and I can safely say we didn’t lose much battery.

Quote:

4) Online boards also have users complaining about the google infotainment system as being very buggy. Your thoughts?
It is buggy but not by much. Did have an issue where the aircon stopped working for an entire trip. But when we restarted it, it was back on.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 10:36   #174

Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
We actually had to change the TCAM module when we were there. Which was over a year after he bought the car. The issue was alarming coz it wouldn’t let us get any navigation. So it was difficult for me to drive it when I was there. It took them a day to try trouble shooting with us using some “secret” controls to reset the module in the car and when it didn’t work it took them 2 days to procure the module and install it.

Just confirms what i have read on other dashboards. Other than maps, did it impact any other functionality in the car. There are some horror stories of the car suddenly shuddering to a stop and requiring a reset.

Quote:
Shouldn’t really be much of an issue but might slow down fast charging of over 100KW. Should be a non-issue on a standard 50kW charger.
I was more concerned about hot weather in countries like India. If the temperature is 40+, it might result in overheating of the battery..

Quote:
It is buggy but not by much. Did have an issue where the aircon stopped working for an entire trip. But when we restarted it, it was back on.
Read about this issue as well... seems like the car is still in its beta phase! Whilst i love all the specs in the car, it is this collective bug list that worries me (dont want to land up with a dud after spending 60 lacs!)
Old 4th February 2023, 15:52   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful.

Just confirms what i have read on other dashboards. Other than maps, did it impact any other functionality in the car. There are some horror stories of the car suddenly shuddering to a stop and requiring a reset.
I don’t know what others experienced but the car was very much driveable even with the TCAM failure. Just that the GPS and connectivity was lost. Considering there’s so CarPlay or Android Auto, you were basically left with no music and GPS. But otherwise no real issue.

Quote:
I was more concerned about hot weather in countries like India. If the temperature is 40+, it might result in overheating of the battery..
Are you sure it’s air cooled? I’m pretty sure it’s a liquid cooled battery from all the data online.

Quote:
Read about this issue as well... seems like the car is still in its beta phase! Whilst i love all the specs in the car, it is this collective bug list that worries me (dont want to land up with a dud after spending 60 lacs!)
It’s not super buggy. It was quite sorted after the first few updates. But it’s been about a year since I used the car. So I’m sure even more niggles have been cleared up. I would say it was occasionally mildly annoying. Still loved the car to bits coz of its drivetrain and quality.

If I hadn’t got my EV6 which is a BEV, The XC40 would’ve been my next best choice.
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 16:12   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Suggestion

Volvo has already updated in EU market (and US market too I think) the XC40 and C40 with RWD, more range, power and faster charging. So would suggest anyone considering XC40 electric to spend money on the facelift than the outgoing product. No brainer, IMHO.

source
Improved range is great news!

From the linked article:

“ The previous set-up of two 150kW e-motors on the front and rear axles has been replaced by our in-house developed 183kW permanent magnet e-motor on the rear axle and a new 117kW asynchronous electric motor on the front axle.

This new configuration, paired with an 82kWh battery pack and overall efficiency improvements in battery cooling, means the XC40 Recharge Twin Motor AWD can now drive up to 500 kilometres on a single charge, a 62-kilometre boost over the previous iteration.”

From what I know, the face-lifted MY23 XC40 Recharge (P8 AWD) that launched in India few months back has two 150 kW motors, and ~420 WLTP.

But this 2 week old article suggests new motor capacities and +60km improved range.

So will this apply to new deliveries in India from here on? If anyone is going to take delivery, better to cross check with their SA and withhold delivery until then
evolvo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 16:13   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvo View Post
Improved range is great news!

From the linked article:

“ The previous set-up of two 150kW e-motors on the front and rear axles has been replaced by our in-house developed 183kW permanent magnet e-motor on the rear axle and a new 117kW asynchronous electric motor on the front axle.

This new configuration, paired with an 82kWh battery pack and overall efficiency improvements in battery cooling, means the XC40 Recharge Twin Motor AWD can now drive up to 500 kilometres on a single charge, a 62-kilometre boost over the previous iteration.”

From what I know, the face-lifted MY23 XC40 Recharge (P8 AWD) that launched in India few months back has two 150 kW motors, and ~420 WLTP.

But this 2 week old article suggests new motor capacities and +60km improved range.

So will this apply to new deliveries in India from here on? If anyone is going to take delivery, better to cross check with their SA and withhold delivery until then
Don’t think it’ll apply. It’s the same situation with the Ioniq 5 as well. The 2023 model internationally has been updated with a more powerful motor and bigger battery. But India is getting the older one.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 11:02   #178
BHPian

Deliveries seem to be crawling. Anybody from Sept bookings got an indication of when their vehicle will be delivered? My early November booking is expected sometime in May/June despite them saying we are confident we can give it to you by mid Feb. Have initiated a cancellation in favour of the Ioniq 5 but they said they'll get back with an ETA but sadly not hopeful.

Last edited by zandot : 8th February 2023 at 11:04.
Old 8th February 2023, 14:32   #179
BHPian

Cancelled mine XC40. After a long 7 months wait and no confirmed delivery date being communicated, decided to cancel my booking. Earlier it was looking value but with BYD and Ionic coming at lower price the senario has changed.
So waiting for Ioniq test drive, which looks promising else will defer the electric plan for a year when more option are at bay.
Old 17th February 2023, 11:22   #180
BHPian

@idlethread, @savirbajaj,

Could you please share pics of the 2 chargers they gave? The portable 3kw charger pin also.

I'm having my electrician set up wiring and plug points upfront.

Also, has anyone found a variable current portable charger that goes from 10A to 32A or 40A with Indian plug point?
Like this (but Indian plug): https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Level-E...DDT?th=1&psc=1

Or has anyone purchased a US plug charger but found an adapter to Indian socket/point?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks