Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 13:39   #226
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Question to Nexon EV users: Does your brakes become hard after parking your car overnight? Everyday morning, when I press the brake to start the car, the brakes will be hard (The same hard feeling you get on ICE vehicles after you pump your brakes a few times with engine off).
My other cars used to retain the vacuum boost even when the car was not used for days. Nexon is loosing its vacuum within a few hours after switching off the vehicle. Is this expected or am I looking at a leaky seal?
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 15:28   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Question to Nexon EV users: Does your brakes become hard after parking your car overnight? Everyday morning, when I press the brake to start the car, the brakes will be hard (The same hard feeling you get on ICE vehicles after you pump your brakes a few times with engine off).
My other cars used to retain the vacuum boost even when the car was not used for days. Nexon is loosing its vacuum within a few hours after switching off the vehicle. Is this expected or am I looking at a leaky seal?
Pressing the brake pedal during start just acts as a electronic switch. I can confirm that actual brakes are not applied.

My parking lot has a very small slope. Before start, if I press brake pedal and disengage park brake, the car still moves down the slope.

If car is not started, You have just parking brakes to stop the car.
AmitSapre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 16:26   #228
Team-BHP Support

I drove (and was driven in) a friends Nexon EV a few times recently and absolutely LOVED it. It feels very well put together, very smooth, superbly responsive, nice comfy back seat, great ride and suspension. At 16 odd lakh on road it really is a steal for what it offers.

Honestly if they could eke out even 400 kms tank range in the real world it would make a very compelling second car.

Right now even my friend acknowledges it is strictly a city car for him with his Innova and honda city being his long distance vehicles for range peace of mind reasons.

But for someone with a bungalow / living in a complex with easy access to charging point, it is a brilliant proposition.
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 17:52   #229
Senior - BHPian

If the car was parked outside without cover getting charged will elements like rain/dust cause issue with the charging or this is taken care off? Are the cables/chargers water/dust proof to continue working even with the presence of these elements? I always wondered how the cars are charged at a open charging station for example during rains?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 15:06   #230
BANNED

Yes, you can charge your car in rain. However, that doesn't happen much in Bengaluru since BESCOM will ensure your safety and trip the power at the slight evidence of water drops
DarthVeda is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 19:06   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Honestly if they could eke out even 400 kms tank range in the real world it would make a very compelling second car.
Anything with more than 400KM can be my primary car. The max distance I ever drove in a day was Blr-Mum which was ~1000KM. I couldn't do the same distance while returning and I slept overnight at Chitradurga which was 200KM away from Bangalore.
My comfortable travel distance is 800KM in a day which I do regularly. So any car with above 400KM range can be my primary car since I can recharge the car while taking a break after ~400KM.

The early Teslas including the Model S P90D had less than 450KM advertised range and it ended up being the primary car for majority of the users.
Holyghost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:19   #232
BHPian

Got my Nexon EV yesterday.

First impressions:

- Very comfortable city car. Nice ride/handling.
- Don't like the rotary dial drive shift.
- Wonderful Car audio.
- Range is perhaps more in lines of 180-200km (with limited 40km run I have had so far, and 20% depletion). May be more if driven carefully without AC.

Looking forward to a longer drive.
hkollar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 21:26   #233
BHPian

Interesting and unique feature: Tata Nexon Electric Wishes Happy Birthday To Owner Via Instrument Cluster

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-tatanexonelectricwisheshappybirthday31068x601.jpg

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ne...-12383089.html
Beelzebub is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 21:50   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Question to Nexon EV users: Does your brakes become hard after parking your car overnight? Everyday morning, when I press the brake to start the car, the brakes will be hard?
You don't need to press the brake to start the car. You can start the car and then press the brake to engage the gear (drive shift knob) to move.

If you press start button, then the brake should ease up immediately.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th November 2020 at 22:39. Reason: Break - Brake
Old 11th November 2020, 23:18   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
Got my Nexon EV yesterday.
Looking forward to a longer drive.
Congratulations hkollar. Good to hear E2O owners buying Nexon EVs. Did you replace your E2O with Nexon or are you keeping both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
You don't need to press the brake to start the car. You can start the car and then press the brake to engage the gear (drive shift knob) to move.

If you press start button, then the brake should ease up immediately.
My question was whether it is normal for the vacuum booster to loose the vacuum soon after switching off the vehicle. My Nexon is loosing the vacuum within an hour after switching off the car.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 15:38   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
Interesting and unique feature: Tata Nexon Electric Wishes Happy Birthday To Owner Via Instrument Cluster
That's one sweet gesture!

I reckon this trend will pick up in all the connected cars as our phone is synced with the system through their APP.
They might well have access to the google calendar or anything as such.

From the article :
Quote:
Mr Siva Sai N received on his birthday, the most unusual and surprising one came from his car, the Nexon EV. On his birthday, the Tata Nexon’s instrument cluster displayed a message ‘Happy Birthday!’, along with a cake and balloons. The owner was extremely happy to have received the special wish from his Nexon EV that he received upon starting up the car in the morning. Mr Siva Sai N believes that someone at Tata “took the pain to integrate the KYC done at the time of the purchase to the telematics system“, which enabled its car to display the message.
kamilharis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 15:48   #237
BANNED

Yes Siva has attained celebrity status now. Another user has gotten a week back and missed the boat for this
@kamilharis.. I keep seeing your name and keep thinking why is the VP of USA here on TeamBhp
DarthVeda is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 18:35   #238
BANNED

Quote:
Interesting and unique feature: Tata Nexon Electric Wishes Happy Birthday To Owner Via Instrument Cluster [/url]
Even though I’m one who doesn’t celebrate birthdays, this gesture would have made the guys day! It’s small things like this that would make you fall in love with people. I would have gone to the showroom and thanked the guys with sweets for this. Those guys are indeed so sweet!
The Rationalist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 22:29   #239
BHPian

This is sweet gesture. Things like these make owners feel special and happy.
Bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 08:41   #240
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2079292

Source: https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ne...-12383089.html

Ha Ha. That was me who posted on linkedin, more as product design and user experience post. Did not expect it to go this viral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
Yes Siva has attained celebrity status now. Another user has gotten a week back and missed the boat for this
I am no celebrity. As someone from technology and product management domain, I was genuinely surprised a feature like this went into a product.

I can imagine how many of the management/legal/PR guys may be against this feature saying "what if it is a chauffeur driven car ? ... What if the car is for someone else in the family" ... etc and killed this feature.

But it made it into the feature list and that is amazing.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd November 2020 at 21:34. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
sivasain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks