Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 12:45   #511
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Tata sold 650 Nexon EVs in June 2021, its highest ever monthly sales with 71% of the market share. 8% of Nexon sales (8,033) are from the EV model.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-junev.jpg

Source:
https://www.autopunditz.com/post/ele...e-highest-sale
sri_tesla is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 20:25   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Tata sold 650 Nexon EVs in June 2021, its highest ever monthly sales with 71% of the market share. 8% of Nexon sales (8,033) are from the EV model.

Attachment 2181385

Source:
https://www.autopunditz.com/post/ele...e-highest-sale
Mindblowing!!!! Even Tata wouldn't have predicted such high numbers a year ago. If fuel prices continue to hover around ₹100. The Nexon EV will can breach the 1000/month mark which in turn will boost people's confidence in EVs thus leading to more sales. The Altroz EV should also be released as soon as possible to capitalise on this and create a better ecosystem. A sub ₹12lakh(atleast base variant) price tag and around 300km(real world) range will do the magic.
Old 21st July 2021, 14:10   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Planning to book the top end XZ+ Lux Dark Edition, the car is a beauty ! but does anyone know if it's true that in maharashtra I will not get the 1L subsidy for XZ+ Lux , but I will get the subsidy if I book the XZ+ version ?
I understand there has been some flipflop on the State Government Policy and now the 2.5L subsidy has been rolled back to 1L and is available to all variants. The concerned GR/GO is expected shortly.
MileCruncher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:23   #514
BHPian

I was considering the Altroz EV (when it launches) or the Nexon EV via the lease option, but recently going through the Harrier ownership threads, I have been shaken to see so many gaps in service and support, this after I was assured by the Navi Mumbai dealer that problems have been sorted out and they have many owners who will vouch for them in the after sales service department.

Spending upwards of 15 lakhs on a car and then having to run pillar to post for support sounds terrifying, frustrating and TBH not worth the effort.

Any advice from existing owners of the EV regarding this?
kosjam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 10:24   #515
BHPian

Sadly the dealerships and Tata service dept and staff training in Mumbai or other parts of India leave a LOT to be desired. Small issues turn into multiple day visits and the general attitude is one of cant be bothered no matter if you beg, try to reason or shout. Being new technology it always requires follow up from Tata HQ as the dealership staff are simply not trained to deal with anything related to EV issues. Heaven forbid its a serious issue, parts aren't in stock so regardless you'll always need a backup vehicle for whenever you do need to drop your vehicle for any issues which will happen.

The Nexon EV is a great product for the price point and I'm sort of OK with it overall and very excited to see what comes from the Altroz (even though im skeptical about the claimed super range), however Tata service has a very long way to go and would be the only reason I wont buy another Tata EV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosjam View Post
I was considering the Altroz EV (when it launches) or the Nexon EV via the lease option, but recently going through the Harrier ownership threads, I have been shaken to see so many gaps in service and support, this after I was assured by the Navi Mumbai dealer that problems have been sorted out and they have many owners who will vouch for them in the after sales service department.

Spending upwards of 15 lakhs on a car and then having to run pillar to post for support sounds terrifying, frustrating and TBH not worth the effort.

Any advice from existing owners of the EV regarding this?
Old 25th July 2021, 08:30   #516
BHPian

I still don't understand why people keep wishing for "300 KM range", both owners and potential buyers alike. I've squeezed out 300 from my Nexon without charging anywhere and it's possible but if you drive like an arrogant teenager, of course you're going to get 100-200 KM of range on any vehicle, irrespective of whether you drive an ICE or EV. If you currently own a petrol or diesel car, see what the claimed mileage is, check what people are normally getting and then do the math to find out how much you get. If you're way off the mark, please do NOT get an EV. It's highly likely that you'll drive rash and then blame the car. It's a risk you can't afford because charging spots are few and far between. Better stick to your current vehicle as you can afford to make such expensive mistakes because you have refuelling stations throughout. EVs require a gentle touch, at least until the government dots the map with recharging stations. No hard braking, no hard acceleration and no unwanted wastage of energy. If you find it difficult to operate your current vehicle to get an ideal range, you most certainly aren't going to do any better in an EV. Not gatekeeping but this is a fact.
LEGION_FIVE is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 11:16   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
Altroz eV (if at all it comes out soon).
Today somewhere I read that Tata Altroz EV will be launched with an extended variant with a range of up to 500KMs per charge before the end of this year. Not sure how much of that is true!
Old 25th July 2021, 11:46   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I understand there has been some flipflop on the State Government Policy and now the 2.5L subsidy has been rolled back to 1L and is available to all variants. The concerned GR/GO is expected shortly.
Any source for this? Haven't read about such a rollback anywhere. In fact, Tata Motors dealer has told me that increased subsidy will stand once the GR is available, but they aren't sure if there will be a conditional price fixation for this, i.e. 15 lakhs or other. Aditya Thackeray revealed the draft policy, I doubt if his own father will rollback the draft proposed by him, considering he's the heir apparent.
Old 25th July 2021, 14:28   #519
BHPian

I am waiting for delivery of my Nexon EV Dark Edition, hopefully by next week. Wanted to share for prospective buyers that Dark Edition models are coming with merchandise like for example the Nexon EV Dark Edition owners will get a jacket with #Dark branding. The dealers are unaware of it or they just don't want to provide it for some reason.
I got in touch with higher ups at Tata and was told that the merchandise is delivered to the dealership after the vehicle has been delivered. But my sales guy was clueless about it. After some back and forth I was told that Tata will dispatch the merchandise earlier so I can get it when I go take delivery.

Some may not need it but its a good memorabilia to have if you like collecting stuff.
officer416 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 20:09   #520
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon EV launch in Nepal on 27th July 2:15pm NPT(2pm IST).

Last edited by SKC-auto : 25th July 2021 at 20:11.
SKC-auto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 00:36   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer416 View Post
I am waiting for delivery of my Nexon EV Dark Edition, hopefully by next week. Wanted to share for prospective buyers that Dark Edition models are coming with merchandise like for example the Nexon EV Dark Edition owners will get a jacket with #Dark branding. The dealers are unaware of it or they just don't want to provide it for some reason.
I got in touch with higher ups at Tata and was told that the merchandise is delivered to the dealership after the vehicle has been delivered. But my sales guy was clueless about it. After some back and forth I was told that Tata will dispatch the merchandise earlier so I can get it when I go take delivery.

Some may not need it but its a good memorabilia to have if you like collecting stuff.
Congratulations on the new EV. Enjoy green miles...
Old 26th July 2021, 11:59   #522
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Tata Nexon EV launch in Nepal on 27th July 2:15pm NPT(2pm IST).

https://Youtu.be/4dUT9FEVKuQ

TIL that Nepal is having a standard time of +15/+45 (UTC). I hadn't come across a time offset of 15 minutes till now.

On topic, Nepal does impose import duty for vehicles and it is quite an hefty one, wonder if EV get a waiver.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:03   #523
BHPian

Nexon Ev as a secondary car does make tremendous sense in today's day and age of sky high fuel prices. It's cheaper to run than a scooter or commuter motorcycle. A recent test drive of the Nexon EV has totally changed my perception. It was smooth, silent and really quick (for an average Joe like me). The EV tech will only get better with time and hopefully more affordable as well.
Old 26th July 2021, 15:59   #524
BHPian

Last weekend I finally got a chance to drive the Nexon EV for a good amount of time. I had exchanged it with my friend who bought the car approx 10 months ago. The variant that he has is the top of the line XZ+ I don’t clearly remember the suffix to it and this is the one with white colored leather upholstery.
I’ve been driving the Vento TSI now for the past 4 years. The torque and the power of TSI has left me spoilt. Coming from that to the EV I was awestruck. The torque surge that the Nexon throws even in D mode is thrilling! Thank god the tyres were changed to Michelin PST4.
Sunday morning took the car out for a breakfast drive with a friend to Kyani & Co. for some Bun Maska and chai. The battery after the entire round trip was down to 67 percent. I started the drive with a 93 percent battery. I do not have a charging point at my house so I decided to just google and find the charging stations that were available close to my house and actually try and figure out how to use them. After my return I found one close to my house where I anyways had to go to buy some groceries. The charging station asked me to download some app called Electreefi, the app is no short of bugs. It could not locate my location even if the location services on my phone was switched on. The app wasn’t ready to load any money into the wallet. I had to resort to calling the customer support to help me with the step by step process to get it done. After finally figuring out how to charge the vehicle I had preset a 30 min timer so that it would be on course with me getting my shopping done. I think this has to be the best part of owning an EV. You can charge and your errands also are getting done! I think EV for the city makes perfect sense? I then had almost 90 percent charge in the car and decided to unplug it as it was almost lunchtime and I hadn’t eaten anything after that bun-muska. After pressing on cancel on the screen of the charging station. The screen showed please remove the gun. Tadaaa guess what? The gun was locked. It did not wish to be removed. I had to resort to calling the customer support guy again. He told me to do lock-unlock the car a few time and give it a try. To my agony even that did not help. After a few attempts he asked me to start the car and engage it in D mode. Surprisingly this worked. Till now don’t ask me how, but it did. Thankfully we were able to come back home. The total charge costed me somewhere close to 210 bucks inclusive of GST.
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-30d0910a6858442f8117d2e834eb51f9.jpeg
Coming to the driving dynamics of the car, the car is super comfortable over bumps and undulations. I think for being a crossover it does a good job. The battery hissing noise is a bit evident inside the cabin but I increased the volume of the music so that I cannot hear that. The speakers that this car comes with is crisp, the balancer works phenomenally. The drawback would be the positioning of the horn, I found it tough to operate as only my thumb could reach it and also sometimes it used to end up pressing the control on the steering. The lack on cup holders on the front door pockets are sorely felt. I had bought a can of coke on my way back but did not find a proper place to keep it. The gear knob takes some time getting used to. I’m still confused as to should I turn it left or right and I end up wrongly shifting it. I found the seats to be comfortable enough for my liking. I think after the current subsidy that the Maharashtra government has announced on EV I think this is worth taking the plunge into the world of EV for someone who might use it on a daily basis.
Attaching some photos from my weekend with the EV.
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-0184069903ed481f9f37cf24ba4ffc7e.jpeg
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-76ce2d3e4ea3470b8d82c7854851d07b.jpeg
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-f22fb74e0aca402ab759a1a655e2b228.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-a601386c32f14f1782c4e9bfe2c52f16.jpeg  

BikeDevil44 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 02:50   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend Mr.Gourab Sarkar did a 1600 km Delhi - kolkata run in his newly purchased Nexon Ev. Here is what he shared with me-

Quote:
EV stories - I just finished my 1600kms trip from Delhi to Kolkata in 7 days last week on my newly purchased Nexon EV. Amazing car, great experience. Sharing some pics as to how I managed charging even in the most remote places. This car can be charged wherever there is electricity (which is everywhere now a days). Even if you don't find earthing in most places, which is necessary, a simple and cheap alumunium rod and a wire hooked to the socket and kept inside the ground has done the trick in most cases for me.

All hotels gave me charging option at no extra cost, some even gave their own extension board.

A little planning and with some time in hand, any part of India can be reached by this car. Total money spent for charging between the 1600kms journey in fast chargers is Rs 2200 (Less than a 3A ticket between these 2 stations).

Amazing car, great experience so far.
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-95703cdc30e34a889a51109ca4a7f4b8.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-3358d790c12a4da483f176c0faead8c6.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-e7ecb3d96e5a4479aedc581881e508cf.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-a1cc8917fd8a412fbc087bf4b6e90202.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-2f2b767abded4ec6867c21c7538a0f13.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-76eeb651bf6e477ab7643c8a744d48d6.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-a16247d5b70546b5a396dfd66d28fdb0.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-5d200b2d290446e9b008608dddbe716e.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-9dfe0cc6a60d4806a6525318659e965c.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-e6c1aa9706564fb29efadba3a5a03eba.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-2d537a38b7a841c2b9f3bb773c9f2275.jpeg

Last edited by Samba : 4th August 2021 at 02:51.
Samba is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks