Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 16:49   #631
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I got a quote of 4.6L for a 7 KW on-grid system.
I think you may end up around 4..4.2L if you negotiate or look around for other providers.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 22:52   #632
BHPian

I have a query to owners here. I know that TATA provides 8 years warranty on battery and electric motor on the Nexon EV. But what are the terms and conditions of it ? What is the minimum battery capacity below which the warranty will kick in. Even after extensive search in the net, I couldn't access such a document from TATA. Does the owner's manual lay down the conditions for the battery and motor warranty. If so, can anyone share the digital copy of the document here please. Thank you.
drpudhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 13:41   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
After a lot of deliberation and research, I've booked the Nexon EV XZ+ Dark Edition. Also decided to go in for a 7 KW on-grid solar power system to take care of electricity bills.
Hi,

Just booked the same XZ+ dark edition today and came home. But, I keep asking if the extra features are worth the 2.1 lakh over the base variant. Would appreciate your guidance if you had thought about this.

Of that long list of features on the brochure, I thought I may miss out on the rear a/c vents and rear wiper given Mumbai rains. Otherwise, would it be smarter to just take the XM and change to alloy wheels and add parking assist? ( I ve never used car infotainment systems, so unsure if I should add that as well)
Old 19th November 2021, 16:35   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi13 View Post
H
Of that long list of features on the brochure, I thought I may miss out on the rear a/c vents and rear wiper given Mumbai rains. Otherwise, would it be smarter to just take the XM and change to alloy wheels and add parking assist? ( I ve never used car infotainment systems, so unsure if I should add that as well)
Most Nexon ev owners choose to stay away from after market electrical changes due to the fear of messing with the warranty. From my experience the Tata dealerships in Kerala atleast refuse adding any accessory other than whats officially allowed by Tata for Nexon EV.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 18:40   #635
BHPian

I am curious about the area of the solar panels required to generate 1KW output power. I read somewhere that 1sqm of solar panel can generate 300W which claims the panels are 20% efficient in converting solar energy to electricity. I am not sure how recent that data is and whether the current generation solar panels are more efficient. Thanks in advance!
Old 19th November 2021, 19:04   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I am curious about the area of the solar panels required to generate 1KW output power. I read somewhere that 1sqm of solar panel can generate 300W which claims the panels are 20% efficient in converting solar energy to electricity. I am not sure how recent that data is and whether the current generation solar panels are more efficient. Thanks in advance!

I have a 10kw setup with 440w panels. If the panels are put on an elevated structure in a most compact way, about 1700sqft space would be needed. In my case, panels are placed on the roof on basic foundation blocks with adequate spacing in between for access. About 2000sqft is used.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 16:57   #637

Guyz,

I'm looking to buy a Tata Nexon EV for my wife as she has a lot of runs within the city, covering an average of about 1500-2000 kilometers a month. My current ride (Honda City i-Vtec 2010) guzzles about 2.5 - 3.0 tank fulls a month, reaching about 8-10k in fuel bills at the current price, expecting this to go up only higher.

Hence, we have decided to retain the Honda City (for myself as I'm too attached to it and we do need a car for outstation runs) and add a 2nd car to the stable in the form of a Tata Nexon EV (XM variant) to be used in and around the city.

There's, however, a minor confusion with the dealership about the available subsidy for EVs. As per my knowledge:

1) Resident State Government subsidy (Gujarat in my case): EV policy announced on June 23, 2021, allows Rs. 1,50,000 for the Nexon (at the rate of Rs. 10k per kWh capped to a maximum of 15 kWh).

Ref: https://pnt.gujarat.gov.in/Downloads...olicy-2021.pdf

2) Central Govt. under FAME-II for four-wheelers: Rs 10,000 per kWh of battery capacity (Maximum up to Rs 1.5 lakh).

Ref: https://www.news18.com/news/auto/dec...s-3987410.html

The above is exclusive of road tax and registration benefits, lower GST (5%) and interest benefits u/s 80EEB.

If we refer to the Gujarat government policy document (link above, page 3 sub-point 8 (i), it clearly mentions that the incentive from State shall be over and above any subsidies provided by the Central government through its promotional schemes and policies.

The dealership we visited for enquiry says we are entitled to just Rs. 1.5 lakhs but the policy documentation states otherwise. Can anyone please shed light on this confusion? I reached out to the Tata Motors EV desk a few days ago but are yet to hear back from them

Looking for some valuable inputs from experts!

Mod-note: Kindly merge this into an existing thread if it exists, I did not find one discussing subsidies on preliminary search.
Old 20th November 2021, 20:22   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby28 View Post

2) Central Govt. under FAME-II for four-wheelers: Rs 10,000 per kWh of battery capacity (Maximum up to Rs 1.5 lakh).

The above is exclusive of road tax and registration benefits, lower GST (5%) and interest benefits u/s 80EEB.
FAME subsidy is for private 2W and commercial 3/4W. You cannot get FAME on private electric car purchase.

5% GST is actually already reflected in exS price to my knowledge. So you don’t get additional money as the exS cost of the vehicle is inclusive of GST.

Income tax benefits are a deduction to taxable income, not a direct payback from government (ie it’s not a subsidy).
Shresth_EV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 21:43   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shresth_EV View Post
FAME subsidy is for private 2W and commercial 3/4W. You cannot get FAME on private electric car purchase.

5% GST is actually already reflected in exS price to my knowledge. So you don’t get additional money as the exS cost of the vehicle is inclusive of GST.

Income tax benefits are a deduction to taxable income, not a direct payback from government (ie it’s not a subsidy).
Thanks for the clarification, so the total subsidy amount quoted by the dealership (by way of DBT) is Rs. 1.50 lakhs... Gotcha.

Thank you!
Old 21st November 2021, 09:38   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby28 View Post

The news18 article mentions that rto tax is expemted for EVs in Gujarat. Is this true?? Did you check with your Tata dealer about rto tax exemption for Gujarat? I highly doubt this.
Old 21st November 2021, 10:09   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I am curious about the area of the solar panels required to generate 1KW output power.
Typical panels installed in subsidy scenario are 2mx1m and they generate 330w. For 1KW, you need three of them, i.e 6sqm.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 21:25   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi13 View Post
Hi,

Just booked the same XZ+ dark edition today and came home. But, I keep asking if the extra features are worth the 2.1 lakh over the base variant. Would appreciate your guidance if you had thought about this.

You will miss out on some important features on the XM version. Some of them like rear defogger, rear wiper and driver seat adjustment will be hard to retrofit. When you add rear camera, alloy wheels and the 7 inch touch screen, the XZ+ seems like a reasonable value.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 23:37   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_da_mum View Post
The biggest technological challenge in making EVs is the procurement of the battery. Unlike Tesla and others, the Tatas have it all in the family -- Tata Chemicals is making the batteries. Don't see why the Tata Motors can't score well with the Nexon EV and other EVs they might be planning.
I also believed same, but my hopes took a bit of beating when I saw that even the simple AC charger having no great intelligence is also they are importing from China. May be their strategy is to import not so critical parts in the initial phase from proven global suppliers like Aptive and then gradually localise, this may be to save initial efforts, but still is little surprising.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-nexon-ac-charger.jpg  

ASP_73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 08:17   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP_73 View Post
I also believed same, but my hopes took a bit of beating when I saw that even the simple AC charger having no great intelligence is also they are importing from China. May be their strategy is to import not so critical parts in the initial phase from proven global suppliers like Aptive and then gradually localise, this may be to save initial efforts, but still is little surprising.
Tata is investing heavily in localisation and R&D and they hope to achieve self reliance in a few years. Their presentation during latest fund raising of about $2 billion mentions their plans for localisation. Have a look at slide number 18 in their investor presentation. The entire presentation is a good read and obviously confidence inspiring.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 09:24   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASP_73 View Post
No offence but what I find surprising is that we Indians believe that Tata or any other such corporation acts out of a sense of patriotism whereas these corporations only have one thing in their mind and that is profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
Tata is investing heavily in localisation and R&D and they hope to achieve self reliance in a few years. Their presentation during latest fund raising of about $2 billion mentions their plans for localisation.
The entire presentation is a good read and obviously confidence inspiring.
Is this R&D about inventing and innovating new technologies or is this R&D about copying products and manufacturing practices of foreign companies?
Also should the general public believe these presentations which are obviously a tool to sell dreams to investors?
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks