Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2021, 09:53   #691
BANNED

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgogri View Post
Can you please tell which is the second product for Cruise control. I am aware of Aha NexCruise.
ZAZ Cruise, it is still under development, and not ready for public testing I believe, the developer of the system is a member of the Pan India Nexon EV group and posts update on it.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 20:57   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
Yeah. List can be endless. Known devil is better than unknown angel.
How many of us statistically were affected by fuel shortages.
How many of us statistically are affected by lack of electric supply , charging stations.
Which user would like to wait for 30 to 40 mins fast charging when on highway. People get pissed off, when toll booths sometimes malfunction to waste even 5-10 times of travelling time.
Petroleum industry is well estsblished, learnt all wrong-doing hardway to have stable process to extract fuel.
There is no way one can use electric car, unless battery density , charging time and recycling topics are taken care to march combustion engines times.
Just because I am doing it differently(electric mobility), does not mean it is sense full approach..
Let industry demonstrate to produce capble products(electric mobility), then automatically we will have customers buying it.
Hey, man!

You seem awful experienced with petrol cars and I'm thinking of replacing my Nexon EV with a petrol car; would like some insights from you.
  1. I have heard that petrol cars can not refuel at home while you sleep? How often do you have to refill elsewhere? Is this several times a year? Will there be a solution for refueling at home?
  2. Which parts will I need service on and how often? The car salesman mentioned a box with gears in it. What is this and will I receive a warning with an indicator when I need to change gear?
  3. Can I accelerate and brake with one pedal as I do today with my electric car?
  4. Do I get fuel back when I slow down or drive downhill? I assume so, but need to ask to be sure.
  5. The car I test drove seemed to have a delay from the time I pressed the accelerator pedal until it began to accelerate. Is that normal in petrol cars?
  6. We currently pay about 0.5 Rupees per Km to drive our electric car. I have heard that petrol can cost more than 10 times as much so I reckon we will lose some money in the beginning. We drive about 20,000 Km a year. Let's hope more people will start using petrol so prices go down.
  7. Is it true that petrol is flammable? Should I empty the tank and store the petrol somewhere else while the car is in the garage?
  8. Is there an automatic system to prevent gasoline from catching fire or exploding in an accident. What does this cost?
  9. I understand that the main ingredient in petrol is oil. Is it true that the extraction and refining of oil causes environmental problems as well as conflicts and major wars that over the last 100 years have cost millions of lives? Is there a solution to these problems?
  10. I have heard that cars with internal combustion based engines are being banned to enter more and more cities around the world, as it is claimed that they tend to harm the environment and health of their citizens?? Is that true??
I may have more questions later, but these are the most important ones to me at the moment. Thank you in advance for your reply.
LEGION_FIVE is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 10:45   #693
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: No more off-topic posts please. Kindly restrict this thread's posts to ONLY the Nexon EV.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 16:17   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Tata Motors EV sales (Nexon EV + Tigor EV) continue to grow every month. In November 2021, Tata Motors sold 1751 electric cars which is their highest ever monthly sales. EVs now account 5.8% of their total car sales.
Tata Motors continues to post record EV sales month after month. EV sales grew by 439% YoY in December and crossed monthly sales of 2,000 per month for first time. EVs now account for 6.4% of their total car sales. In the 9 months of FY22, EV sales crossed 10,000 units.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-tevdec.png

Source:
https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/co...6baa7f3918.pdf
sri_tesla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 16:46   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Motors continues to post record EV sales month after month. EV sales grew by 439% YoY in December and crossed monthly sales of 2,000 per month for first time. EVs now account for 6.4% of their total car sales. In the 9 months of FY22, EV sales crossed 10,000 units.

Attachment 2252614

Source:
https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/co...6baa7f3918.pdf
Tata has got a great headstart in the EV space. Hope they continue this momentum with more development and innovation. Most other companies are atleast a couple years behind Tata in EVs.
Old 1st January 2022, 18:53   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What a month for Tata. Just the EV sales has crossed 2K+ in a month, that's really great to see. Hope we see more EV models from Tata motors soon.
There are manufacturers who don't even so many ICE ones.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:37   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
You can get insurance of your preference.

Dealership may try to convince how great their insurance options are and may even try to match the quotation that you may have from outside. But, you are the deciding authority.
Has anyone opted for their own insurance for Nexon EV? Quote from Dealer for XZ+ dark is around 98k.

Has anyone negotiated to reduce this or paid a substantial lower premium amount?
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:43   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Has anyone opted for their own insurance for Nexon EV? Quote from Dealer for XZ+ dark is around 98k.

Has anyone negotiated to reduce this or paid a substantial lower premium amount?
I took from Tata AIG on my own. Dealership too offered Liberty at similar premium.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:19   #699
BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/2022-tata-n...-12422255.html

Some one in Tata Motors have heard of osborne effect? Beats the hell out of me when these media people carry these types of articles and Tata motors keep quiet. Or is it that, still Tata motors have same old MBA people, who are immune to everything.
Old 6th January 2022, 12:58   #700
Senior - BHPian

GUYS, i had 2 very Essential Queries:
1. What do you guys do at a signal? Shift to N or raise the HandBrake? I have noticed that the creep function gets cancelled when the handbrake is raised, and only comes on once the Accelerator/Brake pedal is pressed.
It's like an Auto-Hold feature

2. Do you guys find the Slow Charger supplied by Tata to be hot to touch, even hours after the battery has been charged, and the cable has not been removed after that???
Old 6th January 2022, 17:01   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
GUYS, i had 2 very Essential Queries:
1. What do you guys do at a signal? Shift to N or raise the HandBrake? I have noticed that the creep function gets cancelled when the handbrake is raised, and only comes on once the Accelerator/Brake pedal is pressed.
It's like an Auto-Hold feature

2. Do you guys find the Slow Charger supplied by Tata to be hot to touch, even hours after the battery has been charged, and the cable has not been removed after that???
1. I use brakes while on D. N + Handbrake for longer stops. Also observed that the car doesn't move on D+ Handbrake.

2. No. Did not observe this phenomena. I leave the car for charging overnight and remove the charger in the morning. Charger unit did not feel hot.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 17:10   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
1. I use brakes while on D. N + Handbrake for longer stops. Also observed that the car doesn't move on D+ Handbrake.

2. No. Did not observe this phenomena. I leave the car for charging overnight and remove the charger in the morning. Charger unit did not feel hot.
For #2 it seems to get hot when we leave it plugged in after charging is complete, and that's what my SA told me.
kartikthum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 11:15   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikthum View Post
For #2 it seems to get hot when we leave it plugged in after charging is complete, and that's what my SA told me.
Checked few scenarios while charging :
1. Leave charger unit plugged in and switched on for few hours without connecting charger gun to the car : Neither cable nor charger became hot / warm.

2. Leave charger gun in the car for few hours (~ 5 hours) after charging to 100% : Charger unit became lukewarm and the cables did not become hot / warm

3. Charge the car to 100% from 66% (~3.5 Hours) : Charger unit became lukewarm and the cables did not become hot / warm

On D+Handbrake :
1. Car does not move ahead if handbrake is applied while in D. Also, car does not crawl / creep ahead if handbrake is released while on D. It will move only after pressing accelerator.

2. Similar phenomena is observed if driver side door is opened while car is on D and standstill (by depressing the brakes). May be to eliminate the chance of car moving ahead if driver forgets that the car is in D and steps out.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 12:00   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post

Yes. I took one out with Edelweiss. Their insurance costed less and had more bonuses.
Old 9th January 2022, 13:45   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGION_FIVE View Post
Yes. I took one out with Edelweiss. Their insurance costed less and had more bonuses.
How much did you end up paying by opting for Edelweiss?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks