Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2022, 13:26   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

I will be getting my Nexon EV Dark Edition early next month as per the dealer. I'm planning to get the Blue bits on the bumper converted to black like the normal Nexon Dark Edition. Initially I thought of getting them painted. Then I came across this:

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-543888606342-53163715/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-543888606341-53163714/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-543888500144-53163678/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-543888500143-53163677/

Does anyone know the part numbers of the other blue trim bits on the inside. Basically the part numbers of the equivalent black trims so I can replace the blue ones.
The interior blue bits can be seen in the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-9.jpg  

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-13.jpg  

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 30th January 2022 at 13:29.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 19:55   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Tata dealers aren't interested in even arranging a test drive for potential buyers, i even made a request from their website and got a call back immediately that they will arrange asap and no one called for 1 month. Such a shame! i tried to get a TD 3 times so far with no luck. It's so lame that they expect people to buy cars just by listening to all their praises and no TD.
Don’t expect them to bring the vehicle to you. Simply go to a showroom where they have the EVs and ask for a test drive. Real simple. Go at an early hour like 11am when the sales people are just getting there and you should get your test drive without any issues.
Old 30th January 2022, 21:07   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
i tried to get a TD 3 times so far with no luck. It's so lame that they expect people to buy cars just by listening to all their praises and no TD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Don’t expect them to bring the vehicle to you. Simply go to a showroom where they have the EVs and ask for a test drive. Real simple. .
I am from Hyderabad as well and I echo what vj_v3 said there. It's a paid to get a TD of Nexon EV. I had to wait for 16 days, made innumerable calls to two showrooms, visited 4 times, contacted through their website for TD reservation twice and tweeted on twitter. Finally, after 16 days I got a TD which wasn't even a satisfactory experience. I wish to have one more TD but not in a mood to go through all of this again.

Compare that to MG where all I did was to just walk in to the showroom, schedule the TD and have the vehicle at home right at that time for the first TD. The second time, I made a call, ensured availability, drive down to showroom, waited for 15 mins and got the TD.

I was informed by sales manager at Malik Cars, Banjara Hills (Hyderabad), that entire city has just one EV for TD and hence the delays.
Old 30th January 2022, 22:38   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
I am from Hyderabad as well and I echo what vj_v3 said there. It's a paid to get a TD of Nexon EV. I had to wait for 16 days, made innumerable calls to two showrooms, visited 4 times, contacted through their website for TD reservation twice and tweeted on twitter. Finally, after 16 days I got a TD which wasn't even a satisfactory experience. I wish to have one more TD but not in a mood to go through all of this again.

Compare that to MG where all I did was to just walk in to the showroom, schedule the TD and have the vehicle at home right at that time for the first TD. The second time, I made a call, ensured availability, drive down to showroom, waited for 15 mins and got the TD.

I was informed by sales manager at Malik Cars, Banjara Hills (Hyderabad), that entire city has just one EV for TD and hence the delays.
Once again, I don’t understand why people don’t simply go to the dealership and request a test drive? You go to a store to check out a TV or a washing machine. If I want to see the lates ipad or Samsung phone, I go to a shop. I don’t expect to call Apple or Samsung to send someone to bring a display unit to my home. Until recently people always went to a dealership to see a car. So simply go to a large showroom and request a test drive. It always works. That’s why brands open large showrooms. If for some reason they don’t have a vehicle available, try another dealer or try later. Whenever you are passing by, Tata has many dealers, just drop in. Why wait for them to bring it to you? If you need to drive a specific route then you can discuss it once you have at least tried the vehicle. I have taken over 8 test drives on the Nexon EV including a couple of long distance ones of over 100kms and I always did it by dropping into a showroom.

Last edited by Lobogris : 30th January 2022 at 22:39.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 23:01   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Once again, I don’t understand why people don’t simply go to the dealership and request a test drive? You go to a store to check out a TV or a washing machine. If I want to see the lates ipad or Samsung phone, I go to a shop. I don’t expect to call Apple or Samsung to send someone to bring a display unit to my home. Until recently people always went to a dealership to see a car. So simply go to a large showroom and request a test drive. It always works. That’s why brands open large showrooms. If for some reason they don’t have a vehicle available, try another dealer or try later. Whenever you are passing by, Tata has many dealers, just drop in. Why wait for them to bring it to you? If you need to drive a specific route then you can discuss it once you have at least tried the vehicle. I have taken over 8 test drives on the Nexon EV including a couple of long distance ones of over 100kms and I always did it by dropping into a showroom.
Clearly mentioned that I did indeed visit them 4 times apart from innumerable other efforts. In fact, all the efforts were to get a test drive starting from their showroom, not at the convenience of getting it from home. That’s a luxury I had with MG.

Moreover, Tata motors should be lot better equipped to handle TD requests. Why does a consumer have to keep chasing them for weeks?
raghupro is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 10:15   #726
BHPian

Zoho CEO Sridhar Vembu gets himself a Nexon EV
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-img_20220131_101438.jpg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 11:21   #727
BHPian

Quote:
I have been to the dealership twice, infact i went to their website after failing to get a TD from the dealership. i have their price list etc but they don't have a TD vehicle. Promised they would arrange the week later, no one called. I followed up on phone and visited again and no joy.

If Tata expects me to run around every dealership they have in the city just to get a TD, they are probably not doing their job right and i can only think of how the after sales experience would be. I would think they are enjoying some kind of monopoly in the under 20L segment for EV's as of now and hence the high handedness but i have not heard any better news about their ICE vehicles sales experience as well.
vj_v3 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 12:04   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Tata Motors continues to post record EV sales month after month. EV sales grew by 439% YoY in December and crossed monthly sales of 2,000 per month for first time. EVs now account for 6.4% of their total car sales. In the 9 months of FY22, EV sales crossed 10,000 units.

Attachment 2252614

Source:
https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/co...6baa7f3918.pdf
Another record month for Tata Motors EV sales. In January, 2,892 EVs are sold by Tata with 463% YoY growth. EVs now account for 7.1% of Tata's total car sales.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-tev.png
sri_tesla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 10:18   #729
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon EV waiting period over 6 months

The Tata Nexon EV has emerged as the most popular affordable electric car in India. Since its launch in January 2020, the carmaker has sold 13,500 units of the Nexon EV.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-nexon_ev.jpg

According to a media report, the waiting period for the Nexon EV has now crossed the 6-month mark. This is partly due to the persistent demand and government subsidies that have been extended till March 31, 2022.

The Nexon EV uses a 127 BHP electric motor that is powered by a 30.2 kWh battery pack. The car has an ARAI certified maximum range of 312 km on a single charge (MIDC cycle).

Tata Motors is also working on a long-range version with a larger battery. It is rumoured to be launched later this year.

It has also been reported that the waiting period for the Tigor EV is 1 month.

Source: Autocar India

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2022 at 20:01.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 17:27   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
~56K with full IDV, B2B, RTI, tyre cover and some other add-ons (In addition to 3Y 3rd party + 1 year own damage cover)
What is the idv value you have considered? The ex showroom price in pune is 15,70,000 and a subsidy of 2.5 lakhs. I wanted to take full idv but my agent has informed me that max idv can be only after subtraction of subsidy amount.
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:15   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
What is the idv value you have considered? The ex showroom price in pune is 15,70,000 and a subsidy of 2.5 lakhs. I wanted to take full idv but my agent has informed me that max idv can be only after subtraction of subsidy amount.
IDV of my car is 16,85,000 as that is the ex showroom price and there is no subsidy in Karnataka.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 08:33   #732

Quote:
Is the subsidy offered for ex-showroom price above 15 Lakhs? If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that only the base variant is eligible for subsidy.
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:27   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.fixated View Post
Is the subsidy offered for ex-showroom price above 15 Lakhs? If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that only the base variant is eligible for subsidy.
In Maharashtra, subsidy is offered till the middle variant of the nexon ev. So both xz plus and xz plus dark editions have the subsidy. Subsidy is 2.5 lakhs.
Sagar.Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 23:57   #734
BHPian

Facing a strange issue with my nexon ev. Car ran trouble free for first 200 kms. Since last week hearing a vibration sound ‘tak tak tak’ after pressing the accelerator. More prominent on lower speeds from 5 to 20. Like something is rubbing against each other after pressing the accelerator pedal. Has anyone else faced this issue?
Old 18th February 2022, 00:25   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Since last week hearing a vibration sound ‘tak tak tak’ after pressing the accelerator. More prominent on lower speeds from 5 to 20. Like something is rubbing against each other after pressing the accelerator pedal. Has anyone else faced this issue?o
Tata has been 'updating' a small part which supports the motor. It's called the ' C mount - bracket update', free of cost. Check with your service centre and get it done. That should solve the problem.

Last edited by umang dutt : 18th February 2022 at 00:26.

Most Viewed