Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2022, 16:42   #856
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit close to people in Bangalore. Seems there has been booking changes and now 8 Nexon EVs are up for grabs immediately. Not sure of the models and other things. I was informed of this as I am waiting for my Max variant, but I said I am going to wait for the Max itself.

So if anybody is interested in buying the normal EV variant then message me as putting the contact here might not be accurate.

Note: I am not really sure of the variants and the other details. I am just posting here to help anybody looking for an immediate vehicle.
shamanths3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 17:56   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am a bit close to people in Bangalore. Seems there has been booking changes and now 8 Nexon EVs are up for grabs immediately. Not sure of the models and other things. I was informed of this as I am waiting for my Max variant, but I said I am going to wait for the Max itself.

So if anybody is interested in buying the normal EV variant then message me as putting the contact here might not be accurate.

Note: I am not really sure of the variants and the other details. I am just posting here to help anybody looking for an immediate vehicle.
Sorry for the typo everyone. The first line should have said that "I am close to one of the Tata Showroom executive in Bangalore". Just to give a bit of a background. I was asking for my Max's delivery and I was asked if I'd like to get the older EV, one thing led to another and then got the information that there are 8 billed Nexon EV's without any takers due to booking changes to Max.
Old 18th June 2022, 14:28   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
The 1.5 lakhs subsidy was never available for EV Max. Only for cars who's billing value from the company is below 15 lakhs. Even in normal Nexopn EV, it was only available till XZ+ model.

The capacity has been filled in Maharashtra.
I know. I had booked Nexon EV XZ+ Dark Edition which earlier had 1.5 Lakhs subsidy. But as you said, the capacity has been filled in Maharashtra so I booked Nexon EV Max top variant.
Bruichladdich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 12:09   #859
BHPian

Hello Nexon EV owners
I have a question regarding Zconnect app. Do you sometimes face the problem of the app not connecting to the car?
Also, when I run a diagnostic using the app, there are some errors/alerts which pop us such as traction motor alert etc. But when I spoke to the service expert, he said these diagnostics using the app are not reliable and when he runs the diagnostics using his told, there are no errors. He also said that if such errors were actually present, the same would have got reflected on the dashboard.

Now I wonder if the app is only a gizmo to remotely check your battery status and few other functions but nothing practically useful?

Any inputs will be useful.

Thanks
Parambir
Old 1st July 2022, 13:50   #860
BHPian

So guys, I had initially booked Nexon EV XZ+ Dark Edition and later when they told me there's no chance for subsidy, I booked Nexon EV Lux Max.

Somehow I felt Nexon EV Max expensive and since it's my 2nd car, I was only looking for practical features rather than all bells and whistles. So I called the showroom and asked if Tigor EV has subsidy available and the sales person said why are you buying Tigor EV, I'll give you Nexon EV XZ+ Dark Edition with subsidy. Without wasting any time, I told him to book for me and will do the payment next day itself.

All the procedures are done. They're saying I'll get the car by July 7 or July 10, 2022.

To be honest, I got very lucky cause randomly I called up but I felt let down from the showroom people as they are so clueless what's going on or they're simply lying around and prioritising select customers. I'm not sure about that but if I had not called that subsidy car would have gone to someone else and I had booked my car before and later they said there won't be any chance for subsidy. So keep your follow up with showroom and you never know if you get the deal you're looking for.

Will send lot of pictures and small review (I am not very good at reviewing cars).

-----

To Nexon EV owners, do you'll get subsidised EV price from Adani Electricity? and how many units do you'll consume in a month for charging at home?
Bruichladdich is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:31   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
So I called the showroom and asked if Tigor EV has subsidy available and the sales person said why are you buying Tigor EV, I'll give you Nexon EV XZ+ Dark Edition with subsidy.
How did he provide you with a subsidy on EV XZ+ Dark Edition is beyond me. We were clearly informed by 2 Tata dealers in Nagpur that the Dark edition of Nexon does not have any subsidy. Subsidies were available only till XZ+. This is a crazy good deal.
Jattitude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:00   #862
BHPian

A question for fellow T-BHP members and Nexon EV owners. Is the Nexon EV slow charger covered under warranty? If so, is there any official source that I can be redirected to?

Any advice appreciated.
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:25   #863
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit998 View Post
A question for fellow T-BHP members and Nexon EV owners. Is the Nexon EV slow charger covered under warranty? If so, is there any official source that I can be redirected to?

Any advice appreciated.
Are you talking about the portable charger or the legrand 16A Socket? the portable charger is under warranty and few have got it replaced.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 10:03   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
Are you talking about the portable charger or the legrand 16A Socket? the portable charger is under warranty and few have got it replaced.

Thank you for your response. Yes I am talking about the portable charger. For the past few days the car is not charging over 61-70% with the red light blinking on portable charger. How long is the warranty period for? We are looking to get it replaced.
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:04   #865

Quote:
Thank you for your response. Yes I am talking about the portable charger. For the past few days the car is not charging over 61-70% with the red light blinking on portable charger. How long is the warranty period for? We are looking to get it replaced.
Before suspecting the portable charger, have you tried charging it with another portable charger or a fixed AC or DC charger , to see if their is a improvement ?
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:39   #866
BANNED

Quote:
is it the first and second green blinking and the red light blinking? that's an error code for the plug is too hot.
Just switch off the plug, remove it from socket, let it cool down for 10 minutes or so, then switch it back on. You can feel the heat yourself by touching the plug point (for a fraction of second, don't do it for long).
Old 3rd July 2022, 12:51   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
is it the first and second green blinking and the red light blinking? that's an error code for the plug is too hot.
Just switch off the plug, remove it from socket, let it cool down for 10 minutes or so, then switch it back on. You can feel the heat yourself by touching the plug point (for a fraction of second, don't do it for long).
So basically, I went today to take it off the charger and the third green light was blinking along with the red light. Yes, the plug and the box with the lights was extremely hot to the touch. Car was at 61% and not charging. We bought it, April last year. Is there any way I can get the charger replaced under warranty? It's a major hassle because we tend to charge the car overnight and require it at 90-100% SoC. With 60-70% we barely get ~ 130km of range. Is there any official text stating the portable charger is covered under warranty?

I do not trust the Tata guys as we've had the service in charge push us for extending the warranty claiming Nexon EV has only 1 year warranty and not 3 years.
This is despite us already having extended warranty and explicitly mentioning that we are aware of the 3 year default warranty on the car.
Old 3rd July 2022, 14:30   #868
BANNED

This is not a problem with the charger, it's behaving as it should. When the temperature is hot, it reduces the current in take, to ensure the temperature does not exceed further. That would result in the wire burning and causing a fire.
What I would suggest is to increase the thickness of the wiring to that socket to 4mm if it is not already and to have adequate ventilation to the charger.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:35   #869

Quote:
How did he provide you with a subsidy on EV XZ+ Dark Edition is beyond me. We were clearly informed by 2 Tata dealers in Nagpur that the Dark edition of Nexon does not have any subsidy. Subsidies were available only till XZ+. This is a crazy good deal.

The subsidy in Maharashtra was initially only till the XZ+ Variant which later got bumped up to cover the XZ+ Dark Variant. The subsidy surprisingly even stayed after the price hike of 21k. I had booked an XZ+ variant in teal blue which i shifted to XZ+ Dark variant once i got a confirmation from the dealer saying that even Dark variant is covered under Subsidy.
sai47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 09:43   #870
BHPian

Quote:
In Bombay, I've spoken to many car dealers and all were providing subsidy on XZ+ Dark Edition. But not for LUX variant or LUX Dark Edition
Bruichladdich is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed