Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:16   #991
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_boost View Post
I have booked prime XZ+ Dark

Can current owners please recommend what tyres should I upgrade too? Also any idea about the resale value of stock tyres if I sell them on day 1?
Congratulations.

I upgraded to Michelin Primacy 4ST in stock size the day I purchased my Nexon EV. If I remember correctly, I got around 4K (or may be 3.5K) per tyre for MRFs.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:27   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
When was this? I checked with KHT (AECS) and Kropex (Sarjapur Road) last month, both said around 4 to 6 weeks, could be earlier if you are not particular about the colour/trim. I test drove max, but was mostly asking about Nexon Prime, so some ambiguity there, I assumed waiting time was for both.

They didn't have any offers, but said if you decide to buy we will try to work out something.
Bangalore dealers have told me this around Early October, and the Kerala dealers first week of November. All colours were readily available with Kerala dealer.
Prasidhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:01   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenHW View Post
Tata Nexon EV owner, Manu M shares running cost details after driving his electric SUV for over 2 years and almost 85,000 km

Source: Rushlane

Attachment 2378229
I am curious why is the service cost so high - 32K over 2 years?
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:21   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I am curious why is the service cost so high - 32K over 2 years?
This is the service cost break up.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-nexonevservicecostrevealed996x1536.jpg
SKC-auto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:30   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post

Attachment 2382626
‘Transaxle oil’ was changed at 15k km, and then never again. Don’t understand exactly what oil is being referred to here, the Nexon EV does not have any differential as such, and the gear(transmission) oil is clearly mentioned separately. Something is amiss.

Transmission oil was changed at 30k and again at around 60k km. Is this part of the scheduled maintenance?

All that money charged for washing and alignment/balancing annd AC disinfectant every now and then, the dealership is clearly pushing for every possible extra add on they can.

All in all, the owner needs to be more vigilant in dealing with this workshop and stick with the maintenance schedule as mentioned in the owner’s manual. Alignment and balancing should be done from any reputed tyre shop, and when needed. No need to repeat every service.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 22nd November 2022 at 13:34.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:53   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
the Nexon EV does not have any differential as such.
I believe Nexon EV will have the differential, EV or ICE differential is needed. This is what I found in the owners manual, there is no separate transaxle and transmission oil listed.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot_20221122135222_adobe-acrobat.jpg

Last edited by SKC-auto : 22nd November 2022 at 13:55.
SKC-auto is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:47   #997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I believe Nexon EV will have the differential, EV or ICE differential is needed. This is what I found in the owners manual, there is no separate transaxle and transmission oil listed.
Thanks for sharing the screenshot.

The words transaxle and transmission are being used interchangeably in this context.

All front wheel drive cars have their differential built into their gearbox, with the gearbox oil acting as the differential oil as well. Usually, the oil change interval is much longer, from 40k km to 80k km, depending on the manufacturer. The interval is surprisingly short as mentioned here. Still, it has to be followed
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 23:43   #998
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Highway robbery, unlike the engine oil which becomes black due to carbon and also the gearbox oil in a IC car has the dust from the clutch plate. But in a electric car there is no such dust and after the intial run in, its good for atleast 50k to 80k kms, I guess cars manufactures will probably try lowering the intervals so that the dealer service center can stay a float.

Also again coolant change for a all aluminium electric motor and EV controller is not necessary. Take the Honda cars with iVtec engines, the Honda manual says no coolant replacement needed for 10 years or 2 Lakh kms and in an engine only the head gasket is keeping the oil and coolant seperate.

No such issues in electric motor.

The coolant in the battery same thing applies and the temperature of battery coolant is just luke warm to warm after exiting the battery.

Last edited by aim120 : 22nd November 2022 at 23:46.
aim120 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 12:18   #999
Distinguished - BHPian

What are you testing now, Tata? An even more capable RE version in all-black overalls?

Caught by AutoSpy on the streets of Pune recently. He is of the opinion that more features might be added in a special limited-run Black Edition.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-357a07c5ee5644c68cf5eb8e9a9dda4d.jpeg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-bc0df169f20843c88457e6444d5d2a32.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 11:13   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
What are you testing now, Tata? An even more capable RE version in all-black overalls?

Caught by AutoSpy on the streets of Pune recently. He is of the opinion that more features might be added in a special limited-run Black Edition.
Tata seems to be following the McLaren path with Nexon. I won't be surprised if we have 17 different versions of Nexon EV in a few years.
Old 29th November 2022, 05:45   #1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
I had a visit to one dealer in Kerala and spoke to another one, both told me that for both EV Max and Prime, waiting period with them will be around 20 days, that's the time for vehicle to reach Kerala from Pune including allocation.

I was surprised as the Bangalore dealer had told me for max the waiting period is around 6 to 8 months.

I don't know whether it's a hype created by dealers in Bangalore.
All dealers seem to be exaggerating the waiting period to be on safer side. I booked my Max XZ+ 3.3kW on October 24th at Adishakti, Shivamogga which is a sister dealership to Adishakti, Bengaluru for EVs. I was quoted a waiting period of at least 5 months. But after a bit of regular follow ups, I was allotted a car by November 16th, which was just about 20 days from the date of booking. Is it maybe because its year end and people are waiting for 2023 models? Not sure. With regards to prime, the dealer said that they are readily available and added that they can deliver it within a month from booking. They were also pushing the prime models through discount benefits such as free accessories and free 1 year extended warranty if booked during Deepavali. Tigor EV was offered with a straight cash discount of Rs 75,000, probably due to the fact that the updated Tigor EV was on its way and they wanted to clear the stocks.
sachinshastry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 08:52   #1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Great!!!
The motor is being Made in India now!!!

With the new infused capital, hope TATA starts making the battery packs too in India.
I was excited seeing the image too. But it turns out, its not yet achieved fully. I recently went to do the PDI of my Max and found the motor number on a sticker stuck on the engine cover. There were Chinese alphabets on the sticker. Seeing this, I am feeling that Tata is still importing the motors. In the picture above where its mentioned as 'MADE IN INDIA', its the complete traction motor assembly. Probably that includes the reduction gear box with differential unit mated to the motor. I feel that Tata has localized the gear box unit since it can easily be manufactured locally and they are already doing with other ICE cars. To this they assemble the imported motor and thus the entire assembly qualifies to be 'MADE IN INDIA' as its assembled locally. I have heard in one of the interviews with Mr.Anand Kulkarni that the motor is the same for both the Prime and Max in terms of hardware, but the extra power and torque in Max has been achieved at software and controller level. So this rules out the chances of only the motor on Prime being localised and the one on Max still being imported. If anyone has any insights into this, please update. One good thing is that as far as what I know, Tata Autocomp has formed a JV with Prestolite Electric Beijing for the motors rather than just sourcing the motors from them (attaching the link below). Hope this helps them to get the technology transferred and thus enable them to focus on localizing the motors soon. I knew the LFP cells were from China, but was a bit disheartening to see the heart of my car made in China too . But nothing can be done until we have the technology and infrastructure to manufacture it. Hope the good sales Tata is getting for EVs enables them to achieve the volumes which make localisation viable.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/73588538.cms
Old 29th November 2022, 17:26   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_boost View Post
I have booked prime XZ+ Dark , ready stock in Mumbai so should get delivery within a week.
Took delivery of my Dark EV yesterday
The entire process from booking till delivery took 10 days to complete. Showroom experience was good , however the SA received only one in 5 calls made by me, forcing me to visit the showroom multiple times for small queries.
Initial Impressions
- The car looks and feels very solid and premium.
- Black leatherette seats feel plush.
- Sports mode is dangerous
- Good road presence, especially of the dark edition
- I felt under thigh support a little lacking in the front seats ( I’m 5’11) No problem with the rear seats.
- Rear armrest is good , however I can’t fit my water bottle in the cup holders.
- Detailed report coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-3973833e3fb14186ac3d957f320dd7b5.jpeg  

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-7097649481544e1aa4855a26668d84f5.jpeg  

Eco_boost is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 04:27   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
There were Chinese alphabets on the sticker.
Do you have a photo? I would like to know exactly which motor is being used here.
Old 1st December 2022, 07:38   #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
Do you have a photo? I would like to know exactly which motor is being used here.
Attaching the picture with the motor number masked. Did some research using google lens and found that the number on the bottom left is the patent number. Upon searching that, found out that its the patent number of the sticker which is used to trace the motor number. So all the information printed on the sticker is related to the sticker manufacturing company. This does not have any info on the motor manufacturer. Also attached is the translated version of the sticker text found on google images. So I am not sure if this was used by the motor manufacturer in China, or was the sticker just used by Tata to take a pencil tracing of the motor number. I would be the happiest person if it is the second case
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-motor-number_masked.jpg  

Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks