Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Old 2nd August 2020, 09:34   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshanvalsan View Post
Just saw this video on YouTube

Any other Nexon EV owners facing the same issue?
Looks bad.
So I'm the owner in that video. The next day I went to a service centre and the technician checked for moisture in connectors and added some extra weather protection on the cables. Since then haven't faced the issue and also drove in flood level rain water yesterday. So seems fine for now but will update in a few weeks. You can check my next video (channel iGuru Crazy) for the work at service centre.

Last edited by vb-san : 4th August 2020 at 13:39. Reason: Video link removed from the quoted portion. Thank you
classic86 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:37   #92
Senior - BHPian

It's scary when it conks off like that in traffic. Can't even switch on the hazard indicators. I still think this tech is in its infancy, and will need time. If Atmospheric Moisture in the terminals can stop the car, then I don't know what to say. They should probably pack it well and make it resistant. Tesla has cracked it and I read they're 10 years ahead of others in terms of tech. But then it's costing ten times more as well, (than a NexonEV). Good luck to you, and hope they have found a permanent solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
So I'm the owner in that video. Ther next day I went to a service centre and the technician checked for moisture in connectors and added some extra weather protection on the cables... Since then haven't faced the issue and also drove in flood level rain water yesterday. So seems fine for now but will update in a few weeks. You can check my next video (channel iGuru Crazy) for the work at service centre.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 09:05   #93
BHPian

I was wondering if Tata can make the Nexon EV a AWD vehicle!

In ICE version it doesnt seem possible but should be doable in case of EV i guess! The vehicle already has great Ground Clearance, great Approach and Departure angles, Short Wheelbase which are normally hallmarks of a good Offroader. If it becomes possible to add the AWD, along with the anticipated 500 km range battery, it should be a great practical lifestyle vehicle for anyone.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 4th August 2020 at 09:07.
46TheDoctor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 22:43   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
The next day I went to a service centre and the technician checked for moisture in connectors and added some extra weather protection on the cables.
Feel pity for you man. But how come? The Nexon EV's battery pack is IP67 rated and this means there's no chance of water entering into the connectors. My suggestion to you is to get it thoroughly checked and water proof it hard so that this issue doesn't occur again.

On a positive note, congrats for your new Nexon EV and waiting for your full review. Despite this small niggles, I personally feel you've made the right choice as the Nexon EV is comfortable, has good performance and most importantly, scores high on safety. Wishing you a safe and fuss free motoring buddy.
Aniruthan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed