Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2021, 11:02   #391

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
might have to do with the shortage of chips/semiconductors everyone is facing at this moment.
Might also explain the insane wait time of 6-8 months on the Creta.
Old 28th February 2021, 21:52   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Booked mine in Goa last week and was assured a 4 week delivery and now that’s been extended to 12 weeks minimum/“at the earliest” with no reason being given.

Sadly looks like I’ll be cancelling if I don’t get a clear picture soon and going for the MG instead.
If you are willing to spend a cool 10 lakhs more for a few weeks delay, I guess you could buy a Tiago and once you get your EV, you can sell it. Will still end up cheaper.

BTW, my brother in law also is waiting for his Nexon EV in Goa, since there is only one EV dealer in Goa, I think both bookings are at same place. Will update if he receives his car.

Last edited by Raghuwire : 28th February 2021 at 21:53. Reason: Grammar
Old 1st March 2021, 06:19   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Booked mine in Goa last week and was assured a 4 week delivery and now that’s been extended to 12 weeks minimum/“at the earliest” with no reason being given.

Sadly looks like I’ll be cancelling if I don’t get a clear picture soon and going for the MG instead.

Did you book from the Prabhadevi dealership?
Which location in Goa? And who is the SA?
Old 1st March 2021, 10:07   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
If you are willing to spend a cool 10 lakhs more for a few weeks delay, I guess you could buy a Tiago and once you get your EV, you can sell it. Will still end up cheaper.

BTW, my brother in law also is waiting for his Nexon EV in Goa, since there is only one EV dealer in Goa, I think both bookings are at same place. Will update if he receives his car.
Haha well the base model of the MG v/s Nexon mid range is about 6lakhs difference. I had originally decided to go for the MG but after driving the Nexon, I was and still am very keen on purchasing that.

How long ago did your brother-in-law make the booking? Any idea how long has he been told for his delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Which location in Goa? And who is the SA?
There's only one as far as I know which has the EV, Durga motors in Porvorim. My SA was Shirish.

For those keen on purchasing in Goa, just thought I would update the thread - the registration fees have been increased to 20,000 from the original 5000. I have also been told that online registrations for four wheeler EV are no longer allowed and the customer has to co-ordinate directly with the RTO - but the dealership like most do have an agent who will assist.
zandot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 21:25   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
If you are willing to spend a cool 10 lakhs more for a few weeks delay, I guess you could buy a Tiago and once you get your EV, you can sell it. Will still end up cheaper. up
Those are vastly different vehicles. The Nexon is much smaller, far less luxurious and comes with just 2 airbags. It doesn’t have ESC, a park function on the automatic gearbox, cruise control, charging indicator or TPMS. The MG has much longer range, 6 airbags, ESC, cruise control and a park mode. Overall, the MG is a much better vehicle if one can afford it.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:37   #396
BHPian

Saw this video on yt of a customer complaining about Nexon's range on full charge and general apathetic customer service of Tata.

Old 2nd March 2021, 13:27   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
Saw this video on yt of a customer complaining about Nexon's range on full charge and general apathetic customer service of Tata.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=zUtu2ur5U7I
This video is being given very wide publicity on youtube. Same video is posted by multiple posters. I counted 7 a few days back. It appears as though someone out there doesn't want even a modicum of success to be enjoyed by Tata Motors. I have not seen multiple postings of a breakdown/problem relating to other vehicles. This, plus Delhi Govt.'s withdrawal of subsidy to Nexon EV buyers appear to be a pointer in that direction.
pgsagar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 13:52   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
It appears as though someone out there doesn't want even a modicum of success to be enjoyed by Tata Motors.
The same question can be asked in a different way - who stands to gain the most? What motive can anyone possibly have to create an atmosphere where people doubt EVs in general and Nexon in particular?
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:51   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
This video is being given very wide publicity on Youtube. Same video is posted by multiple posters. I counted 7 a few days back. It appears as though someone out there doesn't want even a modicum of success to be enjoyed by Tata Motors. I have not seen multiple postings of a breakdown/problem relating to other vehicles. This, plus Delhi Govt.'s withdrawal of subsidy to Nexon EV buyers appear to be a pointer in that direction.
The crux of the issue is that Arai has certified a range of 312 km based on ideal range driving conditions without AC, and the real world range is 200-220 when driven like an EV and can drastically go down based on driving style.

In comparison, Kona's real life driving range is about 250-300 km against ARAI certified 452 km. Either there is something brewing against Tata or Tata's name is getting dragged more as it enjoys the lion's share among EVs
Dev_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 09:00   #400
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Why you should never buy generation 1 of technology that is totally new to a car maker. Even Hyundai went through a mess with the Kona.

My lane was held up at a signal yesterday. As I switched lanes and drove closer to the car, it was a broken down Nexon EV. Lady sitting in the passenger seat said battery has enough range, but "the car simply refused to move when the signal turned green". The tow truck was on the way to pick the car up.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20210307-11.47.34.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20210307-11.48.15.jpg
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 12:15   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why you should never buy generation 1 of technology that is totally new to a car maker. Even Hyundai went through a mess with the Kona.
True & a bit of a catch22 isn't it? If everyone becomes enlightened about the beta testing phases of new cars - sales would be so low that the products might never reach V1.0 . Its these daredevil few - who are up for the challenge who help develop the products really for the anxious lot like us.

Quite a suggestive picture that one. Metro projects that take ages to take off and complete (and that too on the same roads that they are supposed to actually bypass/augment to reduce burden) - and electric cars that are supposed to make things cleaner in the cities. Both - actually only creating traffic snarls, delays and further pollutions in one way or the other.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th March 2021 at 12:18.
Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 22:03   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

My lane was held up at a signal yesterday. As I switched lanes and drove closer to the car, it was a broken down Nexon EV. Lady sitting in the passenger seat said battery has enough range, but "the car simply refused to move when the signal turned green". The tow truck was on the way to pick the car up.

Attachment 2129958

Attachment 2129957
This is the nightmare of every driver - Car stopping in middle of the road and not budging. Have had that experience and it puts you off from buying cars from such companies.

Hope this is a freak occurrence, because I like my NexonEV quite a bit. My experience over past few months have been very enjoyable.

My experience with 6+ years of E2O - It did not stall even once. Not anywhere. So, I expect the same from Nexon.
hkollar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 13:19   #403
AZT
BHPian

This is like your petrol indicator going down to 1 bar but you know there's a 5 litre reserve tank so you're sorted. I'm guessing the EV range showed ~ 40 or 50 km and so the lady thought good enough to run a short errand.
Old 16th March 2021, 12:12   #404
BHPian

My vehicle has been called in for an apparent update to the Drive Management System.

From what I understand the current software version is 2.07 and was supposed to improve range. Is there any way I can check the current version on my vehicle and any idea if there is an update after 2.07.

I have covered nearly 6000 Kms in the EV and based on my driving style during my 35 kms (both ways) trips to office, short runs to do household chores and slightly longer (80+ kms) week end runs i now have a fair idea of the expected wH / kM and practical range that can be covered using 80% of the battery.

I usually charge the battery after covering around 210 kms when there is around 20% battery left as my office commute utilizes around 14% charge. Can anyone share experiences of driving with less than 10% charge and is there any "reserve" / chances of covering say an additional 15-20 kms after the battery has apparently drained (for eg. more than 25 kms covered after the indicator showed 10% charge)

Table below summarizes my experience so far
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-nexon-ev-chart.jpg  

umang dutt is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 15:38   #405
BHPian

Came across another Nexon EV incident - stuck and refusing to move

EV issues will certainly get more spotlight then internal combustion engine counterparts. However, there are not so many Nexon EVs on the road to have this many cases coming up.

flanker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed