Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 13:29   #661
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjdias View Post
Does anyone have any inside information about future feature additions to the Nexon EV? I would wait a few months longer if anything is in the pipeline.
(1) and (2) are not planned in near future as per my contact at Tata. I am ok with missing cruise control. But, TC / ESP is necessary.

I too am hopeful that wireless AA / CP will be introduced soon

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 6th December 2021 at 13:50.
Old 6th December 2021, 13:40   #662
BHPian

I'm so accustomed to using cruise control in my current car, even inside city limits when I know there are speed cameras around, that when I drove my friend's new Nexon EV last weekend, I sorely missed it. I don't think I'd buy a car today without cruise control. The Nexon EV is absolutely brilliant - But these few significant misses, the incredibly laggy infotainment (Even Apple Carplay was laggy, which otherwise runs like butter on my car) are major impediments for me, personally.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 21:49   #663
BHPian

There is a Cruise Control mod for Nexon EV. Just so you guys know. I've ordered it for mine as well.
LEGION_FIVE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 00:06   #664
BANNED

There are two products in development which provides Cruise Control, I have already ordered one, which was due for delivery in early Nov. but got pushed due to last minute defect and few design changes. Look for Aha nexcruise on YouTube for more info.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 09:37   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
There are two products in development which provides Cruise Control, I have already ordered one, which was due for delivery in early Nov. but got pushed due to last minute defect and few design changes. Look for Aha nexcruise on YouTube for more info.
Please update us on the installation procedure, functionality, ease of use and price once you receive it.

Have seen few reviews and seems to be working fine.
Old 9th December 2021, 10:53   #666
BHPian

Owners of the Nexon EV,
My friend just got delivery of his - He's a very calm and sedate driver; however, even at 100% SOC, the expected range displayed is only 150km. This is only the 2nd time he has done a full charge to 100. Should we be worried or will the onboard computer learn over time and optimize whatever's causing the range to be so low?
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 10:56   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Owners of the Nexon EV,
My friend just got delivery of his - He's a very calm and sedate driver; however, even at 100% SOC, the expected range displayed is only 150km. This is only the 2nd time he has done a full charge to 100. Should we be worried or will the onboard computer learn over time and optimize whatever's causing the range to be so low?
its an AI algorithm. Give it a few days. It gradually goes up. Tell him not to allow battery to reach less than 35%, and charge meticulously, without going to the fast chargers much.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:15   #668
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Owners of the Nexon EV,
It is an estimate, based on the recent usage of wh/km. You should not take it as absolute truth. Trust on the average wh/km displayed for each trip and extrapolate.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:18   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
its an AI algorithm. Give it a few days. It gradually goes up. Tell him not to allow battery to reach less than 35%, and charge meticulously, without going to the fast chargers much.
Thanks! Would you recommend charging to 100% from 35% every time or up to a lower SOC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
It is an estimate, based on the recent usage of wh/km. You should not take it as absolute truth. Trust on the average wh/km displayed for each trip and extrapolate.
Thank you
As a ballpark number, what wh/km would get you around 220km?
Old 9th December 2021, 11:22   #670
BANNED

for 220km range, provided you started from 100%, and you don't want to go below 5%, you would need to maintain 120wh/km or less, which is easily doable unless you live in a hilly area or bad terrain.
DarthVeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:29   #671
BHPian

See thats the problem with current gen EVs, we have to always think how much charge and where to charge etc, rather than enjoy the drive. Question is, is it worth saving for few rupees for foregoing freedom of mobility. Regarding environmental impact, who knows how the materials used for batteries etc are mined or produced.
Old 9th December 2021, 11:34   #672
BANNED

You also need to think where to refuel, how much to refuel if you are travelling in remote terrains, you also need to rush to fuel station if there is a nationwide strike by fuel supplies etc. I can go on and on.
Everyone knows the materials for batteries and where it is mined or produced, we also know how Crude oil is drilled and refined, and we have insane amount of damage done by oil spillage done already in our seas, but do we bother raising concerns about that?
DarthVeda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 11:44   #673
BHPian

Yeah. List can be endless. Known devil is better than unknown angel.
How many of us statistically were affected by fuel shortages.
How many of us statistically are affected by lack of electric supply , charging stations.
Which user would like to wait for 30 to 40 mins fast charging when on highway. People get pissed off, when toll booths sometimes malfunction to waste even 5-10 times of travelling time.
Petroleum industry is well estsblished, learnt all wrong-doing hardway to have stable process to extract fuel.
There is no way one can use electric car, unless battery density , charging time and recycling topics are taken care to march combustion engines times.
Just because I am doing it differently(electric mobility), does not mean it is sense full approach..
Let industry demonstrate to produce capble products(electric mobility), then automatically we will have customers buying it.
navrddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 12:26   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
See thats the problem with current gen EVs, we have to always think how much charge and where to charge etc, rather than enjoy the drive. Question is, is it worth saving for few rupees for foregoing freedom of mobility. Regarding environmental impact, who knows how the materials used for batteries etc are mined or produced.
It's not just about money. This is where most people on this forum and outside get it wrong.

You have to put a price on refinement too! We pay hefty premiums for cars that cocoon us from the outside world, strive for as low NVH levels as possible and yet here we have a car that feels as comfortable and relaxing to be in as something that costs 3X as much, but the only thing we talk about is the electric vs petrol cost price analysis.

This aforementioned friend of mine that just got the Nexon has a Honda City and a Superb, yet all 3 people in his family unanimously agree that the Nexon EV is the most refined vehicle they own. They don't care about the range (as long as it delivers around 200km in the city) and the break even point vis-à-vis Nexon's Petrol counterpart. So yes, it is absolutely worth foregoing "freedom of mobility" because they value refinement more.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to what your use case for the vehicle is. Let the market decide what they want out of their vehicle. Not everyone's buying EVs just to save money.

Last edited by DeKay : 9th December 2021 at 12:31.
DeKay is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 13:50   #675
BHPian

Got delivery of my Nexon EV about 10 days ago.

Had to get the XZ+ Lux version if I wanted delivery quickly. Managed to get it delivered within a month of booking. No regrets! While I missed the subsidy and paid more than the XZ+ model (which I think is most worth it), I tend to keep my cars a very long time, and the added features will be nice to have in the long run.

So far, I am consistently getting just about 200-220 km per charge, including a trip on the mumbai-pune expressway. Car has already clocked almost 1000km!

I have 2 question :-

1) Is there any downside to leaving the car plugged in every night, even when battery is around 50-60%? I like having a full battery the next day, and most other car manufacturers advocate ABC (always be charging). It seems their battery control unit manages it in such a way that it doesn't hurt the longevity of the battery. Has Tata implemented something similar?

2) When driving at low speeds, when switching between accelerator and break, there's a very clear knocking sound! Has anyone else experienced this? or am I just noticing it because the car is so silent? Regardless, il have the service centre check on this at the next service.

Looking forward to many more eco friendly kilometres!
tvrspeed12 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks