Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 16:04   #781
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshrawat9 View Post
I booked Nexon EV XZ+ with Inderjit Motors, Andheri, on December 02, 2021. There is still no indication of when the car will be delivered. Each time I follow up with them, the sales person tells me that there are very few Nexon ev being allocated by Tata Motors to them and they are finding it difficult to service the backlog of bookings. I indicated to them that I am ready to change model/colour for an earlier delivery. I dont know how is the situation with other dealers, but 3/4 months seems optimistic unless TaMo ramps up production.
I'm glad you informed about this. They told me Nexon EV XZ+ will take 6 months and Dark Edition will take 3 months. I know someone who recently bought Tata Harrier from Inderjit so hopefully keeping my fingers crossed but I guess time will tell. I really hope you get your car soon.
Old 26th April 2022, 20:01   #782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
I'm glad you informed about this. They told me Nexon EV XZ+ will take 6 months and Dark Edition will take 3 months. I know someone who recently bought Tata Harrier from Inderjit so hopefully keeping my fingers crossed but I guess time will tell. I really hope you get your car soon.
I told them hat I am ready to purchase dark edition of XZ+, if it ensures similar delivery time. I was told waiting for dark edition is also same.

I don't know whether the delay is city/state specific or is same throughout India. Other members in this forum who would have booked their car in November/December may confirm.
Old 26th April 2022, 20:28   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshrawat9 View Post
I told them hat I am ready to purchase dark edition of XZ+, if it ensures similar delivery time. I was told waiting for dark edition is also same.

I don't know whether the delay is city/state specific or is same throughout India. Other members in this forum who would have booked their car in November/December may confirm.
So I did call many other dealers too and everybody told me 3 months time. Since one of my friend knows the manager, he said maximum 3 months. But we are also not being very confident since Indians are very good at giving excuses

I'm trying all my sources and network to get it from any dealer in Bombay asap. But nobody's ready to give within 3 months of time.
Old 27th April 2022, 16:21   #784
BHPian

Its the same here in Pune as well. We have booked in February 2022 and have to wait till 15th August 2022 at least for delivery for XZ+ White.

The car allocation process is not transparent and the consumer is dependent on dealers who are giving out of turn allocations for reasons best known to them.

Tata motors should have transparent booking tracking on their portal where we can see the stage of booking.
Old 4th May 2022, 08:59   #785
BHPian

Dear members and fellow Nexon EV owners. I've come across a rather strange issue on my Nexon EV and would like some advice. For the past 3 or 4 days the car seems to be indicating a very low range. Example: 85% 84km range. Just today, I slow charged the car to 100% and it indicated 100km of range. Immediately after driving for about 5 minutes, this range started increasing rapidly at about 1km per second till it reached 260km at 97% SoC.

This has never happened before and I would like to know if it's a matter of concern with the batteries or just a glitch with the BMS.

I will be taking the car to a nearby service centre today. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-img_20220504_083602.jpg
Old 4th May 2022, 11:27   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit998 View Post
I've come across a rather strange issue on my Nexon EV and would like some advice. For the past 3 or 4 days the car seems to be indicating a very low range.
From my short ownership of the Nexon EV I have come to realize that the range (DTE) displayed at 100% SOC is not consistent across charge cycles, and is calculated based on the manner in which the car has been driven thus far. For instance, if you drive in an "anti-EV" manner viz. sudden acceleration and braking, the range will reduce significantly and so would the DTE displayed at the end of subsequent charging cycles till you improve your driving style to suit an EV. That said, a range of 100 km is too low and the fact that it climbs up rapidly once you start driving is a bit bizarre. Have you been driving the car a tad aggressively over the last few days? Nonetheless, please keep us posted on what the service center folks have to say.

Last edited by cool_dube : 4th May 2022 at 11:29.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 16:34   #787
BHPian

Hi All,

I am seriously thinking about Nexon EV, after seeing the savings that can be made by buying the vehicle via Company lease along with the Fuel savings. This will be my first vehicle.

As with everyone, I am anxious about the real world range and chances of getting stranded on Highway trips.

I stay in Bangalore and my home town is around 400 KM from here, which would need around 2 charges in middle to stay at safe charge percentage( thinking with 250 as real world range).

I was looking to find an app that would provide EV charging options along my trip, but couldn't find that specific option(Maybe I am dumb). Most apps just show nearby Charging stations or near a location.
Old 4th May 2022, 17:30   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamship View Post
I stay in Bangalore and my home town is around 400 KM from here, which would need around 2 charges in middle to stay at safe charge percentage( thinking with 250 as real world range).

I was looking to find an app that would provide EV charging options along my trip, but couldn't find that specific option(Maybe I am dumb). Most apps just show nearby Charging stations or near a location.
400Kms can be covered with one charging stop. Check for charging stations on Plugshare.com, it has the most updated info on charging stations.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 17:31   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you can charge at your home town, you just need one charging session.

Use Plugshare app, you can also help the EV community by contributing with charging information.
I could find 4 chargers along the route to Nandyala.

1) Hotel Gangotri
2) Hotel Exotikka
3) Hotel Blue moon
4) Hotel Matsya Amazon
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 18:25   #790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This will be my first vehicle.

As with everyone, I am anxious about the real world range and chances of getting stranded on Highway trips.

Kudos to you for considering an EV as your first car

If your current use case involves frequent drives to your home town (~400 km one way) then I would strongly suggest waiting for the "long range" Nexon EV or considering the MG ZS EV. With the current Nexon EV, trying to accomplish this journey on a single charge will be cutting it too close.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 00:16   #791
BHPian

Quote:

I was looking to find an app that would provide EV charging options along my trip, but couldn't find that specific option.
You can use the Trip planner option on plugshare.com (website and app) to plan your trips. It is similar to any map application where you input start and end points. Plugshare nicely provides you with the options for chargers enroute. You can simply add the chargers as waypoints to your trip. There appears a nice range estimate circle (green) which tells you how far you can reach with the range you input in your estimate (see sliders on right in pic) You can also customize for the car and your requirements of the type of charger you need. Here is an example plan from BLR to Nandyal using plugshare.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot-20220504-202945.png

Here below is the example of a charger enroute which you can add or remove based on your requirements:

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-screenshot-20220504-203757.png

I recommend you read these threads before you buy an EV:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...trol-head.html (Electric Cars...through the eyes of a diehard petrol-head)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...r-mindset.html (Electric cars, their ecosystem & our mindset)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ctric-car.html (Things to consider when buying an Electric Car)

Best wishes and I wish you safe travels in your (upcoming) EV. Welcome to Team-BHP!

Last edited by carthick1000 : 5th May 2022 at 00:19.
carthick1000 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 09:39   #792
BHPian

Thanks a lot for all your help guys.

I have one more query, I am planning to take the car via company lease. The terms say, If I want to foreclose the lease, the amount payable will be calculated using NPV + 1% of remaining principal.

The lowest lease period is 36 Months, which I will be going for. I want to calculate what the NPV would be for every month of the Lease period.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can calculate this.
Old 5th May 2022, 12:25   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
From my short ownership of the Nexon EV I have come to realize that the range (DTE) displayed at 100% SOC is not consistent across charge cycles, and is calculated based on the manner in which the car has been driven thus far. For instance, if you drive in an "anti-EV" manner viz. sudden acceleration and braking, the range will reduce significantly and so would the DTE displayed at the end of subsequent charging cycles till you improve your driving style to suit an EV. That said, a range of 100 km is too low and the fact that it climbs up rapidly once you start driving is a bit bizarre. Have you been driving the car a tad aggressively over the last few days? Nonetheless, please keep us posted on what the service center folks have to say.
No, I've been driving the car exactly the same. The thing is, commute to office is 5km one way and in heavy traffic, average consumption figures are usually >150Wh/km. This figure drops drastically if I for example, take a detour and use the freeway. It will drop to as low as 116Wh/km at speeds of 60km/h. I drive in a very very sedate manner and have learned to observe the energy graph and maintain it at or only slightly above the baseline in order to maximize range. The issue has not repeated again this morning yet I will be dropping off the car at a service centre nearby and will post an update here soon.
Ankit998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 13:15   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Also got to know that the tax benefit under section 80EEB is 1.5 lakh over the whole loan term, not every year. So decided not to go for loan (although the rate of interest is mouth watering - 7.3%!).
Could you please elaborate '1.5 lakh over the whole loan term' part? Also, since this is applicable for loans from non-banking financial institutions, which one are you talking about?
Old 5th May 2022, 20:20   #795
BHPian

Teaser for Nexon EV Max. I am in love with the gear shifter knob, it's gorgeous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks