Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2022, 11:01   #826
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
Can anyone please share on their waiting period experience for getting Nexon EV XZ+ White colour ?

We have completed 100 days of waiting with 50k price hike from date of booking already!

Each passing day with zero transparency from dealer is making me more inclined to cancel the booking all together!
That is the problem. I too had booked Nexon EV on 31 Mar. Everytime I used to call the cealer, the crib was the same... gaadi aa nahi rahi or sometimes he would say that a higher variant is available (probably luring me into giving up). I approached Tata motors and got it resolved. Took the delivery 2 weeks ago.

Parambir
Parambir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 11:41   #827
BHPian

Hello everyone,

2 weeks ago we took the delivery of our Nexon EV XZ+ at Chandigarh for my parents who would primarily be restricting their use case to city rides only. Till now they have had to charge it only once. The second recharge will be due soon. I would like to share some of my experiences:-

We booked the car on 31 Mar 22 hoping we might get it in 6 to 8 weeks. I used to regularly (once a week) call up the delaer to check the status. Over a period of time I realised that there is no way of tracking my delivery/order and whether the dealer is getting my variant or not. There are time he would say "higher variant has come" trying to lure me into getting a higher variant.

Since my parents had a 10 yr old Swift ZDI, I thought it would be prudent to sell this asset before it becomes a liability, though Chandigarh does not have a 10 yr ban on diesel motors like NCR. That was sold successfully an now they were using a borrowed car from a relative...

Things were getting more difficult because I live in a different city and visiting the dealer to get the actual situation was not possible.

Then an idea struck me... I wrote to Tata motors and explained the situation to them. I also requested an "out of turn allotment". I was surprised to get a return mail from them the next morning saying that they are considering the case. Within 10 days of their mail (considering production halt due to Eid and the long weekend) they billed the vehicle from their plant in my father's name and delivered it to Chandigarh in 7 days.

For this, I am grateful to Tata Motors. Now I know why they are where they are.

Now came the part of getting the home charger installed. Apparently, the box comes with the car. So the contractor cannot instal the box till your car arrives at the dealer. Also, as per policy they only instal once the car has been delivered to test if the charging is happening successfully or not. Since I had taken leave to go to Chandigarh and help my parents take the delivery of the car, I had limited time with me and could not wait for another day. So I requested the contractor and he was kind enough to instal it for me one day in advance. Here I would like to bring one aspect to light. The charging setup comes with a 15-meter cable 2.5 sq mm armoured cable. Additional cable will cost Rs 250/- per meter plus GST. In my case 25 Mtrs cable was required. So I would have to pay them 3k for the cable. The contractor gave a wise suggestion. He said, that since the garage is covered, the armoured cable is not required. I can buy my own cable and they install it for me. In the overall installation report, they will not include the cable. I bought Havells 2.5 sq mm 3 core cable. 25 mtrs cost me about 2600/-. In addition to this, I bought a digital meter from Amicisense from Amazon to keep a track of how many units the car consumed for charging.

He installed the box a day prior to the car's delivery... which was nice.

Finally, we took the delivery and things have been working fine ever since.

We have been lucky that things worked in our favour and God was kind...

A word about Nexon EV Max... I know there are most of you who would be wiser tan me, but I think that unless you actually need to drive 350 km without range anxiety, Max makes sense. Otherwise, it is overkill because 2.5 sq mm cable will not charge it. Plus, it will also take a longer time to top up the battery.

Hope this post helps you all...

Regards

Parambir
Parambir is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 12:12   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parambir View Post
That is the problem. I too had booked Nexon EV on 31 Mar. Everytime I used to call the cealer, the crib was the same... gaadi aa nahi rahi or sometimes he would say that a higher variant is available (probably luring me into giving up). I approached Tata motors and got it resolved. Took the delivery 2 weeks ago.

Parambir
That’s great news that you were able to get it sorted out from Tata motors.

I am trying to contact Tata motors but just not getting anywhere the call centre is useless and writing emails just gets template answers, even tweeting doesn’t result in anything useful.
The CMM for Pune region is also not contactable as the number given on Tata motors website is invalid.
Any pointer in reaching the right person in Tata motors please. Thanks in advance
Old 1st June 2022, 15:56   #829
BHPian

Quote:
That’s great news that you were able to get it sorted out from Tata motors.

I am trying to contact Tata motors but just not getting anywhere the call centre is useless and writing emails just gets template answers, even tweeting doesn’t result in anything useful.
The CMM for Pune region is also not contactable as the number given on Tata motors website is invalid.
Any pointer in reaching the right person in Tata motors please. Thanks in advance
Quick update from myside, finally got the car allotment details from the dealer
Expecting delivery in a weeks time post the registration formalities.
Total waiting time was 110 days!
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:18   #830

Quote:
Can anyone please share on their waiting period experience for getting Nexon EV XZ+ White colour ?

We have completed 100 days of waiting with 50k price hike from date of booking already!

Each passing day with zero transparency from dealer is making me more inclined to cancel the booking all together!
This is my update on my booking of Nexon EV XZ+ Teal Blue. I recently completed 180 days waiting for the same so I also have advice for all those who have booked the car and are waiting for delivery
I booked my car with Inderjit Cars, Andheri-Mumbai on December 02, 2022. I was only shared receipt of booking amount and the delivery period committed was a wide ranging 3 to 6 months. With no information shared dealer was totally free to allow anyone else jump the queue. At that time the govt subsidy on Nexon was Rs. 2.5 lakh (which continued till March 31, 2022, after which it is 1.5 lakh). I was told by the sales person that I can chose the colour and model of Car at any point of time after my booking.
After the booking was done I was in regular contact with the sales person who told me that I will definitely receive the car by February- March. I was regularly in touch with him and visited the showroom couple of times but each time I was told that lot of deliveries are pending. Meanwhile TaMo repeatedly increased the price of Nexon EV during that period. After almost five months of waiting and getting same response from dealer, I called customer care at TaMo, which was no better. A couple of times I was promised that I will receive a callback but it never happened.
Meanwhile, the sales person at Inderjit Cars stopped picking my calls. I asked him for updated price list and that too he didn’t provide. It was already a dampening experience so I stopped following up with them and was in two minds of cancelling my booking. Howver, on completing 180 days waiting I tried my luck again with the customer care and after being kept on hold for more than 20 mins I was connected to a customer care rep who was quite receptive to my complaint. He told me that he will raise the issue with Inderjit motors and send me my complaint id for later follow up. To my surprise almost 3 hrs after my complaint I received an email from Inderjit Cars apologizing the delay and confirming the allotment of my Car. So hopefully I will get my Car within a week.
So yesterday I saw a brand new Nexon EV XZ+ Teal blue near my apartment. I approached the owner and asked him about booking and all. To my surprise he told me that he booked his car in April with some other dealer in Mumbai. He told me he got his delivery prioritized through someone in his company. As I have heard so many stories of out of turn delivery of Nexon, it was not surprising but I still felt bad.
So my advice to other would be that its useless to follow up with the dealer for your booking. That was the biggest mistake I did. Most probably they are the ones benefitting most out of this crunch situation. Its better to contact company directly. Don’t wait for too long and don’t rust dealers when they commit a delivery period of of 4 months or six months. Start calling customer care after four weeks. Be patient, ultimately they will register the complaint. I thing ideally car should get delivered within 6-12 weeks.
This is my interpretation of the current situation. Please correct me if I am overthinking or the situation is same everywhere. On this forum I know of @ Vindi13 and @Bruichladdich who booked through same dealer. Probably they can also share their experience.
ashutoshrawat9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 16:50   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshrawat9 View Post
This is my update on my booking of Nexon EV XZ+ Teal Blue. I recently completed 180 days waiting for the same so I also have advice for all those who have booked the car and are waiting for delivery
I booked my car with Inderjit Cars, Andheri-Mumbai on December 02, 2022. I was only shared receipt of booking amount and the delivery period committed was a wide ranging 3 to 6 months. With no information shared dealer was totally free to allow anyone else jump the queue. At that time the govt subsidy on Nexon was Rs. 2.5 lakh (which continued till March 31, 2022, after which it is 1.5 lakh). I was told by the sales person that I can chose the colour and model of Car at any point of time after my booking.
After the booking was done I was in regular contact with the sales person who told me that I will definitely receive the car by February- March. I was regularly in touch with him and visited the showroom couple of times but each time I was told that lot of deliveries are pending. Meanwhile TaMo repeatedly increased the price of Nexon EV during that period. After almost five months of waiting and getting same response from dealer, I called customer care at TaMo, which was no better. A couple of times I was promised that I will receive a callback but it never happened.
Meanwhile, the sales person at Inderjit Cars stopped picking my calls. I asked him for updated price list and that too he didn’t provide. It was already a dampening experience so I stopped following up with them and was in two minds of cancelling my booking. Howver, on completing 180 days waiting I tried my luck again with the customer care and after being kept on hold for more than 20 mins I was connected to a customer care rep who was quite receptive to my complaint. He told me that he will raise the issue with Inderjit motors and send me my complaint id for later follow up. To my surprise almost 3 hrs after my complaint I received an email from Inderjit Cars apologizing the delay and confirming the allotment of my Car. So hopefully I will get my Car within a week.
So yesterday I saw a brand new Nexon EV XZ+ Teal blue near my apartment. I approached the owner and asked him about booking and all. To my surprise he told me that he booked his car in April with some other dealer in Mumbai. He told me he got his delivery prioritized through someone in his company. As I have heard so many stories of out of turn delivery of Nexon, it was not surprising but I still felt bad.
So my advice to other would be that its useless to follow up with the dealer for your booking. That was the biggest mistake I did. Most probably they are the ones benefitting most out of this crunch situation. Its better to contact company directly. Don’t wait for too long and don’t rust dealers when they commit a delivery period of of 4 months or six months. Start calling customer care after four weeks. Be patient, ultimately they will register the complaint. I thing ideally car should get delivered within 6-12 weeks.
This is my interpretation of the current situation. Please correct me if I am overthinking or the situation is same everywhere. On this forum I know of @ Vindi13 and @Bruichladdich who booked through same dealer. Probably they can also share their experience.
Many thanks for sharing your experience.

I was always doubtful with the dealers lack of transparency especially after seeing people getting cars as less as two weeks from booking date.

Having said that I have already lost the 1Lac early bird incentive which ended in March, plus 0.5 Lacs due to price hike in 3 months, now the 1.5Lac is also about to end and few hundred cars are left as per the article in Times of India on 31st May.

Hence moral of story is that Tata motors dealers don't work unless you have an existing commercial relationship with them or you don't escalate to Tata motors
Old 3rd June 2022, 21:00   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGION_FIVE View Post
If you look at the larger picture, all that hype we saw back in '21 is proving to be a fad which seems to be dying quickly.
The desperation with which so many forum members (per this thread) are waiting for their Nexon EV delivery leads me to believe otherwise
Old 4th June 2022, 08:26   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshrawat9 View Post
Its better to contact company directly. Don’t wait for too long and don’t rust dealers when they commit a delivery period of of 4 months or six months. Start calling customer care after four weeks. Be patient, ultimately they will register the complaint. I thing ideally car should get delivered within 6-12 weeks.
Can you tell me how did you contact the company directly?

Worst experience with Inderjit showroom. Francis manager doesn't pick up calls ever. I have Shakeel's number but he gives vague answers. I told him, just tell me directly when I'll get the car, even if the waiting period is more. I can at least keep things in order for my finances accordingly. Shakeel tells me, July end I shall definitely get Nexon EV Max.

Also, they told me 1.5 lakhs subsidy is gone. I've checked with many other showrooms in Mumbai and they said the same. It's not possible anymore. That's the reason I booked EV Max top variant.
Old 5th June 2022, 08:23   #834
BHPian

People who have availed the nexon ev recently. How many keys were provided?

My dealer is providing only one key stating chip shortage.
Old 5th June 2022, 11:49   #835
BHPian

The home charger spec for Nexon EV is 3.2 kW. EV MAX has an option of 7.2 kW charger. Zeon sells 22 kW home chargers for Nexon , but needs 3 phase Ac to work. Anybody tried third party chargers like this at home ? And also , what’s the max spec charger that can be used at home with 3 phase AC ? Can we buy 7.2 kW charger of Nexon EV MAX from TATA to charge our Nexon EV ?
shasha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 12:00   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha View Post
The home charger spec for Nexon EV is 3.2 kW. EV MAX has an option of 7.2 kW charger. Zeon sells 22 kW home chargers for Nexon , but needs 3 phase Ac to work. Anybody tried third party chargers like this at home ? And also , what’s the max spec charger that can be used at home with 3 phase AC ? Can we buy 7.2 kW charger of Nexon EV MAX from TATA to charge our Nexon EV ?
The basic Nexon EV, even when plugged in to the 7.2kw charger, will only charge at 3kw. That’s the maximum it can take.

Zeon’s 22kw AC charger is listed for Rs 75000. It is a type 2 charger, made by ABB. Problem is, you need a relatively heavy electricity connection to power this kind of charger. Very much possible in a large commercial or industrial setup, but it is beyond the scope of 99% households. So many people here have limited sanctioned loads of 3 or 5kw, and have to upgrade their electricals to accommodate the 7kw charger. Here the charger itself requires 22kw.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 12:14   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nexon EV can only charge with 3.3KW charger, the 7.2kw charger which comes with EV Max is of no use. Even if you have 3 phase at home, only one phase is used for both 3.3kw & 7.2 kw chargers.

Very few cars charge beyond 11KW, IIRC Renault Zoe is the only car which can charge at more than 40KW AC charging, but why do you want to know max AC charging speed when your car cannot charge at that speed.
Old 5th June 2022, 12:21   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Nexon EV can only charge with 3.3KW charger, the 7.2kw charger which comes with EV Max is of no use. Even if you have 3 phase at home, only one phase is used for both 3.3kw & 7.2 kw chargers.

Very few cars charge beyond 11KW, IIRC Renault Zoe is the only car which can charge at more than 40KW AC charging, but why do you want to know max AC charging speed when your car cannot charge at that speed.
Zeon is selling 7.2 and 22 kW AC chargers and they specifically say compatible with Nexon EV. Hence my doubt. So , no use in buying these for Nexon EV - isn’t it ?
My friend’s MG is charging from 7.2 kW charger installed at his flat , provided by MG itslef. It’s not portable though.

Last edited by shasha : 5th June 2022 at 12:35. Reason: Forgot to add points
Old 5th June 2022, 14:02   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zeon is selling 7.2 and 22 kW AC chargers and they specifically say compatible with Nexon EV. Hence my doubt. So , no use in buying these for Nexon EV - isn’t it ?
My friend’s MG is charging from 7.2 kW charger installed at his flat , provided by MG itslef. It’s not portable though.
Yes, it is compatible with Nexon as it is a CCS type2 charger, but Nexon EV charges at only 3.3kw even if you use this 22kw charger, no use of buying it.

Understand that the charger(ac to DC converter) is inside the car and restricted to 3.3kw for Nexon, see the below diagram.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20220605_135827.jpg
SKC-auto is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 14:11   #840
BHPian

Hi folks
I have booked the EV MAX with the 7.2kw charger and I’m waiting for the allocation.
I live in a individual house and have a 3 phase supply.
What are the pre requisites for a 7.2 kw charger?
If it’s complex I might as well switch over to the 3.3 kw slow charger.
Kindly enlighten

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks