Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2020, 21:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Pravaig Electric Car debuts
I assume the photographs are of a model and so we do not get to know a lot more about the car than what we already know (except the range and power figures)

Quote:
Customers will also be able to personalize the interior. The company has tied up with architects as well as fashion and interior designers for this purpose. The car will come with a Devialet audio system with smartphone connectivity, HEPA air filters, regenerative braking and autonomous driving technology.
Autonomous technology on offer would most likely be level one. Customised interiors and other bells and whistles may not even make it to production. This is going to be really difficult for the Pravaig Team. Maybe they can outsource battery and motor components and also play the safety card by getting a 5 star rating. But overall building cost will definitely be really high and another super expensive EV is definitely what India doesn’t need.

I have just a question, why aren’t Pravaig even getting much press coverage? That could definitely help them and they need the all the attention that they can get.

Meanwhile as of now, IMO it would either be a flop and never even make it to production by the said deadline, or be enormously overpriced for what it offers and sales would be super limited. Pardon me for my pessimism, I want a homegrown brand to succeed as much as y’all but I definitely see another Avanti in the making.
EightSix is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 23:58   #32
BHPian

Re: Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype

Vaporware unless deliveries begin. As said earlier, I'd eat my hat if these specs and that schedule are met.
digitalnirvana is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 07:14   #33

Interesting design concepts except that overhead control panel. Practical in an aircraft but not practical in a car going to be used in Indian roads.
MichaelBallack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 07:53   #34
BHPian

As many members already expressed earlier, I am a bit sceptical too for what is being promised vs what finally translates to the final product. Take the airplane cockpit like roof mounted controls, these are WoW may be for a demo car but far away from practicality.

Now the range and power figures are not something unheard off, but these are usually Tesla category and to bring them to India at a financial scale will be a herculean task for a company which is not in to regular car manufacturing as well.

Lastly, i am not a big fan of the lease only strategy, if you really have a product which you are confident can do all what is being promised, then go all out, market the hell out of it, in fact open pre bookings for retail consumers at 50k booking amount and create a hype like we are sold out already in a month.

The practicality of EVs in India is cost - economies of scale. Yes the commercial sector is the right focus but there again the value must be apparent. Also it remains to be seen how good the car itself is apart from the powertrain which can be outsourced.

As a ex EV owner and lover, I would love to have more choices in the Indian market. I stick to my hypothesis that give me a Altroz EV at 12L 350kms range or give me a Petrol / Electric PHEV at 25L to 30L which takes care of my range anxiety.
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 09:50   #35
BHPian

The design is also a bit "DC" like if you know what I mean.
Kinda disproportioned and disjointed especially the smooth curvy front(which is decent but looks cheap) and the squarish rear with body lines going in all direction.

The back honesly looks like one of those jugaad Honda City(s) converted to Lamborghinis

I added a little black along the bottom of the car and bumper and few other modifications to makes it look a bit more palatable.

After some slight modifications
Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype-smartselect_20201205091049_chrome01.jpeg
Good design will do a lot to hide and help overlook some of the flaws the car might have as a first gen product(if it ever comes out).

Original design
Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype-smartselect_20201205091049_chrome.jpg
ZenMaster is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Concept seems to be wearing momo alloys! Needs something more special if they are to be taken more seriously.

Rest of it is good.
Old 6th December 2020, 16:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

That overhead panel looks kind of cool ! I wonder though, will it be practical in Indian road conditions where one cant take eyes off the road for a second. Maybe it can be used to assign non-driving essential features like boot/Engine bay/fuel opening etc. Wait a second Not engine bay/fuel , more like battery bay and charging port since this is a EV
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 17:57   #38
BHPian

I watched the presentation streaming live. I was excited, specially after their AMA, and they did set high expectations.
I'm not sure what they were going for but it was a train wreck. Stuff didn't work, it was ill prepared, and I still have zero clarity on the product. Yikes.

Watch the video. It starts at some point in the presentation providing no context, the sound is muffled, I don't know who the presenter is, and there really isn't any flow.

I'd be pissed if I gave this kind of a presentation in college. The world is watching guys. Pull up, or keep shut till you do.

On the plus side, they did show some clever features, specially related to safety but did not show them working in the real world so again I have zero idea on how things would turn out practically.

I hope they pull through. An energy density of 155 Wh/kg is right up there, for now, but making a road-worthy car is an extremely complex affair specially without scale.
ach1lles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 06:41   #39

Spotted the Pravaig Extinction in GK2, New Delhi yesterday! I was unable to click pictures as I was behind the wheel, saw it as it was turning into the underground basement of a posh residential colony nearby. It had green plates.

Honestly thought I was hallucinating for a second there, but that rear end is unmistakable.
Arreyosambha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 07:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arreyosambha View Post
Spotted the Pravaig Extinction in GK2, New Delhi yesterday! I was unable to click pictures as I was behind the wheel, saw it as it was turning into the underground basement of a posh residential colony nearby. It had green plates.

Honestly thought I was hallucinating for a second there, but that rear end is unmistakable.
Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype-pravaigelectriccarindialaunchprice16.jpg

Was it something like this? Even this image was released yesterday. Could someone please tell what the TA Plates stand for?

Source: Rushlane
EightSix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 09:54   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Attachment 2089985

Was it something like this? Even this image was released yesterday. Could someone please tell what the TA Plates stand for?

Source: Rushlane
Maybe its Telangana.
ZenMaster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 10:29   #42
BHPian

Saw this in gaadiwaadi.com

looks very promising.
Attached Thumbnails
Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype-pravaigextinctionev.jpg  

Old 7th December 2020, 10:44   #43
BHPian

2400Nm at the wheels?. Something wrong or am i out of date on torque values of cars now a days?.
srini1785 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Maybe its Telangana.
I think not. Telangana state is abbreviated TS on registration plates. What’s more is that the green plates have IND on them like HSRPs. Could this be some new fancy registration for electric cars?

Last edited by EightSix : 7th December 2020 at 11:06.
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 12:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Is it just me or does this look a lot like well sanded gloss painted fibreglass which still ends up looking awfully hollow, and really, really small wheels and tyres which don't really match up to the rest of the car at all?

I honestly do not mean to knock it but it looks like a mom and pop shop mod job. (Wow, that kinda rhymed!)

Either this is simply mind-bending and it's going to shut up every armchair critic like I and many of my fellow BHP-ians and prove that designing and launching a car (and really a whole company around it) doesn't take years and years and hundreds of millions of dollars..

OR

It's going to be expectedly disappointing.
Singh101 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks