Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Old 8th February 2021, 04:05   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Swift Dzire EV - Systematic conversion to an electric car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Awesome project and execution ! As a fellow Dzire owner I may just opt for your services down the line.
Also would you be able to make a 48V mild hybrid system ? Basically just some torque and efficiency boosting without any all electric range
Nope doesn't make sense without downsizing the engine, and all its related sub systems.

With all the extra weight, both the ev system and the ice system function less efficient. The only way to have a successful hybrid vehicle running at optimum efficiency is to go back to the drawing board, redesign the entire setup with an optimized size engine, Gearbox, Motor, Power electronics, energy source for both, and so on..

This is just my opinion over my calculations, trials, failures, etc. But I may be wrong too.

Have a lovely day cheif

Regards
stuntfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 12:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Swift Dzire EV - Systematic conversion to an electric car!

Amazing work Hemank and this is the future. But converting existing cars to EVs will be vehemently opposed by Oil companies and also Auto Manufacturers, but this is in the common man's interest so hopefully gain momentum!
All the best to you and your team - will keep following you closely.

EVs have been a personal passion of mine and I am currently working on a 3 wheel electric vehicle (early design stage). Would love to meet up with you sometime if you come to Delhi or if I come to Pune!
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed