Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 14:02   #16
BHPian

Re: HPCL & Magenta install India's first street-lamp EV charger

What is the pricing and how will it be calculated(per unit/ per minute)?

Also has any company disclosed the replacement battery price after warranty and associated cost to it and what is it?
Old 7th March 2021, 15:14   #17
BHPian

The present electical systems are not able to take the load during evening peak hours when lighting and aircons are switched on. Will the electric chargers overburden the existing electrical infrastructure and does the electrical department need to take the first step by increasing the capacity of the connected load?
gotoguru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 08:48   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The real beauty is not at petrol bunks, it's on public streets!
Bingo..
Most office going public parks their car in open parking lots while they slog away at work for 9 hours minimum. Open parking, abundant time, what else does one need? Reach office, plug in charger and your car is all charged on the way back home.
Such a use case also opens avenue for solar chargers that corporates can use. Maybe incentivise EV employees with subsidised charges for charging.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 15:55   #19
BHPian

Great initiative. I think this is the way forward to make EVs more popular in our country. No more range anxiety if you have such a facility frequently in the main roads.
Old 8th March 2021, 18:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
Also has any company disclosed the replacement battery price after warranty and associated cost to it and what is it?
Which battery are you referring to?
Old 10th March 2021, 16:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Which battery are you referring to?
Vehicle battery. We only have an idea, that too a vague one based on international prices. I may have missed but no EV car maker in India have released battery prices?
Old 11th March 2021, 09:20   #22
BANNED

Why are you worried about it now? they are guaranteeing 8 years or 1.5L km (above) on battery. I wonder if people think about Engines the same when they purchase like how much does the engine cost for replacement when they buy a new fuel car.
DarthVeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 09:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
Why are you worried about it now? they are guaranteeing 8 years or 1.5L km (above) on battery. I wonder if people think about Engines the same when they purchase like how much does the engine cost for replacement when they buy a new fuel car.
Exactly. Batteries are under warranty for 8 years but would last much longer. I used a Toyota Prius for nearly 9 years and there was no noticeable degradation of its electric battery. Most people don’t even keep their cars for more than 8 years. If I buy an EV today, I would assume I would drive it for a maximum of 10 years. At the end of the 10 year period, I would expect only a minimal residual value of around 2 to 3 lakhs. This is true for any vehicle. Most likely, I would sell it after around 5 years and would be happy to get 40 to 50% of the purchase price for it.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Magenta has partnered with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) to launch ChargeGrid Flare - India's first street-lamp EV charger.
Excellent step. This is what infrastructure companies should try to do. Most of us drive our vehicles for a few hours each day. The rest of the time, the EV is sitting in at our homes in the garage or at a parking lot at work or elsewhere. Why not charge using 240 volts @approx 50km/hour?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks