Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 17:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.06 crore

What is the claimed range of I-Pace?
Till now no car in India is offering respectable REAL WORLD range of 350-400 KM, neither in budget segment nor in luxury segment.
Does this car change that?
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
What is the claimed range of I-Pace?
Till now no car in India is offering respectable REAL WORLD range of 350-400 KM, neither in budget segment nor in luxury segment.
Does this car change that?
I-PACE has a range of 470 km on the WLTP cycle. This is enabled through the combination of a high-tech lithium-ion battery with a 90 kWh capacity and I-PACE’s drag coefficient of 0.29 Cd
Source: https://www.jaguar.in/jaguar-range/i...-ev/index.html

I should say I like this cars interiors compared to the Tesla's and what Benz is offering.

Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.06 crore-ipace-1.png

Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.06 crore-ipace-2.png

Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.06 crore-ipace-4.png

Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.06 crore-ipace-5.png

Practicality on offer:
Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.06 crore-ikpace.png

Yes, And she does come in black too !
Jaguar I-Pace electric SUV launched at Rs. 1.06 crore-ipace-3.png

Additional Reads:
Full Brochure and customization:
https://www.jaguar.in/Images/Jaguar-...635-824117.pdf
Spec Sheet:
https://www.jaguar.in/Images/21MY-Ja...635-849765.pdf
TrackDay is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 19:44   #18

I think Jaguar will eventually discount it substantially, after the initial euphoria dies down. They have done that in global markets when they didn't see any traction.

I can clearly see e-Tron getting priced around 1.1-1.2 and none of the three cars finding any takers barring the initial adopters for bragging rights.

Can't wait to see how Tesla prices it's cars in India.
rahul.blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 23:47   #19
BHPian

Interior looks luxurious but exterior is very underwhelming. It is neither stylish nor intimidating. Jaguar f pace looks much better. Regarding the pricing, the lesser said the better. Volvo xc 60 recharge looks much better now with similar 0 to 100 times and claimed range.
Old 24th March 2021, 00:39   #20
BANNED

How difficult is to assemble an electric car and to go through the CKD route, manufacturers are just plain lazy.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 08:55   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Crazy 1 Cr+ pricing !

I don't see a point why one would buy an EQC/i-pace/upcoming e-tron at these maddening prices with 120% taxes. No value for money at all. Ofcourse car manufacturers can do very little with these kind of government taxes.

Two reasons why I would want to move to electric;
1) Save on the running cost of soaring fuel prices
2) Eco-friendly aspect with nil emissions (barring the dumping of batteries at the end of the cycle)
3) No road tax on EVs in some states.

0-100 numbers are only for the marketing without auto-bahns.

Would I pay 100% tax to achieve item no.2 and to take advantage of item no.3. Not at all !
niruvrs9669 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 11:07   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
Crazy 1 Cr+ pricing !

I don't see a point why one would buy an EQC/i-pace/upcoming e-tron at these maddening prices with 120% taxes. No value for money at all. Ofcourse car manufacturers can do very little with these kind of government taxes.
Not just the price.

1. Anyone buying an obscenely priced I-Pace / EQC / E-Tron today runs the risk of the product being outdated in just 2 to 3 years. Similar to the early smartphones. Battery & motor tech are fast progressing every year, especially for these brands which are new to EVs.

2. These SUVs are the first such attempt by their respective makers and they will inevitably have many niggles & problems. Even when it comes to regular petrol / diesel cars, Jaguar isn't exactly the last word in reliability, so we can only guess how the reliability of this brand-new technology will be.

3. Anyone who buys a 1.4-crore rupee (OTR) electric SUV today will have to live with the fact that there will soon be cheaper SUVs which offer more, are faster & offer a longer range.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 14:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Mercedes-Benz India welcomes the Jaguar I-Pace.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMwK4vVH...d=2suui767s785
Is there a JV or something? I don’t get why Merc wants to welcome a Jaguar product.
Old 24th March 2021, 14:22   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Is there a JV or something? I don’t get why Merc wants to welcome a Jaguar product.
No JV, just extending a helpful hand in case the electric car wants charging and that car’s dealership/charging station is not present near by. One can charge any electric car at any dealership I guess till the time more charging stations come up, I have seen a Mercedes-Benz EQC being charged at a Tata Motors dealership.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 14:24   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Friendly banter.

And some publicity about their charging network as well as their own product offering EQC.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 15:08   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a rare occasion when the car has been launched/showcased in it's base trim. Jag ought to have got the top of the line HSE version to launch the car especially coz the alloys in the S variant are quite boring. The higher variant would have created more of a WOW factor impact.
Old 24th March 2021, 15:51   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Car manufacturers CAN do lot just they don't want to. The taxes are there to avoid dumping of vehicles, corporations have one sole aim maximise profits, they don't give two cents about nation or people, if there were no taxes, you will see so many imports that our local manufacture would end up dead in no time. Instead of CBU, they can go through CKD with very little effort, but that requires an investment and commitment to this country, which these guys are hesitant to do.
Even though, I would love to drive cars which are available outside, I dread to think the situation if this was the case.

Quote:
Two reasons why I would want to move to electric;
1) Save on the running cost of soaring fuel prices
2) Eco-friendly aspect with nil emissions (barring the dumping of batteries at the end of the cycle)
3) No road tax on EVs in some states.
There is no dumping of batteries at the end of cycle, this is not your duracell or eveready battery that it goes to dustbin, the battery degradation is not a cliff but a slope, you will have usable battery range even after 8 years, and even afterwards, you can always look at the option of using it for your home storage. 28KWH is lot of electricity backup! There are plans to recycle the batteries, and it's minerals, there are some which are operating already. Don't think it goes to your water table and pollutes, like it does in the Engine OIL, Lube, and other fossil fuel. But hey, nobody thinks about that when they buy an ICE vehicle, do they?
BTW, you said two reasons and ended up giving 3
DarthVeda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 17:35   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

OMG! What an incredibly handsome car and an EV too. Now if they could assemble it in India we could dream of an affordable price. Or maybe the sensex gets past 65,000....:-). I really dig its looks. JLR's A.S.S. is of course a deep concern.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 19:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just started reading a study, which says EVs will use less materials than ICE cars. You cannot dump a 500KG battery, you earn money by selling it. Anyways batteries last for the life of a car.

Quote:

Reducing primary demand through recycling
Unlike today’s fossil fuel powered cars, electric car batteries are part of a circular economy loop
where battery materials can be reused and recovered to produce more batteries. Recycling of
battery materials is crucial to reduce the pressure on primary demand for virgin materials and
ultimately limit the impacts raw material extraction can have on the environment and on
communities.
If the current recovery rates proposed in the new EU draft battery regulation are increased to
current best practice, i.e. 90% for lithium (from 70%) and 98% for cobalt and nickel (from 95%) , the
amount of lithium in each EV battery that cannot be used again for battery production (i.e. that is
lost in the recycling process) is divided by three, while the amount that can’t be recovered for
cobalt, nickel and copper is divided by 2.5.
When taking into account the amount of EV battery recycling, the growing raw material needs are
mitigated even further. Under the Commission’s proposed target, in 2030, 5% of lithium, 17% of
cobalt and 4% of nickel required for EV battery production can be obtained from recycled European
EV batteries. In 2035, this increases to 22% of lithium and nickel, and 65% of cobalt as more cars
come to the end of life. Thanks to higher recycling targets, in 2035, the supply from recycled
batteries reduces further the need for primary materials by 6% for lithium, 2% for cobalt, and 1% for
nickel.
Source: https://www.transportenvironment.org...material-needs

Last edited by SKC-auto : 24th March 2021 at 19:32.
SKC-auto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 16:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
OMG! What an incredibly handsome car and an EV too. Now if they could assemble it in India we could dream of an affordable price. Or maybe the sensex gets past 65,000....:-). I really dig its looks. JLR's A.S.S. is of course a deep concern.
Sir, You will dig your fingernails into your hair and pull it all out dealing with JLR ASS. This is no Toyota Lexus. Haha.

Its just grossly overpriced, it should not be a penny over 55-60 lacs. This is blatant abuse of power, theyve lost first mover advantage, they couldve sold a lot but now will stick to 1-2 celebrities and sports stars and some industrialist looking to add to their ever growing garage.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks