Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2021, 15:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast

Everrati, a UK-based EV conversion company has unveiled their latest creation - an electric 964-generation Porsche 911.

The new electric Porsche 911 comes with a 53 kWh battery pack paired with an electric motor, powering the rear axle. The electric powertrain is said to produce 500 BHP and 500 Nm and is said to offer a maximum range of 150 miles (241.4 km). Everrati also claims that the electric Porsche 911 is capable of accelerating from 0 - 100 km/h in less than 4 seconds.

Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast-everratiporsche911electric5.jpg

The electric Porsche 911 also comes with DC fast-charging capabilities, allowing the car to charge from 10% to full in less than an hour. The car is also said to feature regenerative braking.

In terms of design, Everrati offers the model with a 'signature widebody' pack, which includes a number of carbon fibre body parts like the front and rear wings, as well as the roof.

Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast-everratiporsche911electric2.jpg

The electric 911 also comes with genuine Porsche widebody front and rear bumpers. Everrati also states that the panels have been reinforced with steel offering better impact protection.

Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast-everratiporsche911electric1.jpg

The car gets new ventilated disc brakes with big Brembo calipers and large 17-inch alloy wheels with the 18-inch wheels offered as an option. Everrati offers the electric 911 with two suspension packs - a standard version with a fixed coil-over setup or a performance-oriented version with adjustable dampers.

Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast-everratiporsche911electric3.jpg

Changes have been made to the interior as well, with the electric 911 receiving a modern Porsche infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and navigation, custom air-conditioning system, electrically-adjustable and heated seats finished in leather or Alcantara upholstery and Porsche-inspired 5-gauge instrument cluster.

The 964 Porsche 911 electric car is said to be priced at GBP 250,000. This does not include taxes and the cost of a donor car.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 4th June 2021 at 15:03.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 11:40   #2
BHPian

Re: Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast

What a beauty!

I hope the electric retrofit industry takes off and becomes mainstream - bringing down costs and improving accessibility. Would be such a lovely way for people to continue enjoying classic beauties such as these. Or any car we love, for that matter.

While purists (including me) will argue that the character of an engine (NVH, power delivery etc) plays a big part in what makes a car desirable, I'm sure everyone would rather be able to drive it with some powerplant than not drive it at all.

Plus, imagine the rest of the possibilities even if it were not to bring classics to life!
Tassem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 14:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast

Electrifying cars are always the best option to future proof a classic for everyday use in the future where fossil fuels may no longer be available. But this can make people sit on the fence for now when it comes to legacy sports cars. If I had this particular ICE engine Porsche, I don't think I would be electrifying it, at least for now.

Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast-spec.png
Spec Sheet

Other options from Everrati besides the 964 coupe also include the Targa and Gulf editions. Also don't miss out the Land Rover and Benz 280 SL
Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast-everrati.png
Image Source: https://www.everrati.com/

The car in action can be watched at the link below:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPlxvQKghX7/
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 09:23   #4
BHPian

What a beautiful car and lovely color. I'm getting more and more excited about the news from the EV side of the world after being a long time sceptic. Hope more and more interesting experiments happens there and it becomes mainstream indeed.
Old 6th June 2021, 18:18   #5
BHPian

That’s one gorgeous looking car. I won’t be surprised when classics and old cars are electric swapped. 0-100 in 4 seconds . Gotta love the instant power from an electric motor.
speedfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 08:23   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I hope the electric retrofit industry takes off and becomes mainstream - bringing down costs and improving accessibility. Would be such a lovely way for people to continue enjoying classic beauties such as these. Or any car we love, for that matter.
So very true . Purists can take a hike. I expect a full new industry to come up for the electrification of existing cars, especially the older ones. EV controllers, batteries & motors will be available off the shelf, just like we buy SSDs, CPUs & RAM for our computers today. China is already onto the mass production of EV components.

This is an option I would seriously consider for my '97 Jeep which is on its 3rd engine. And I'm sure, so will many other classic car owners. Electrification will improve performance, make these old cars more reliable, easier to maintain and give the "AT" driving experience (instead of the clunky old MTs).

Importantly, aggressive authorities like in Delhi might allow 10+ year old "electrified" cars to continue on their roads.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 11:57   #7
BHPian

Make your Mini an EV for £25k

Quote:
London Electric Cars doesn’t reckon you need that much range in your old Mini, so its new attempt at the same game starts from £25,000 and gets a 20kWh battery pack providing between 60 and 70 miles of real world range.

Okay, okay, the £25,000 is EXCLUDING taxes, shipping and the donor Mini, but LEC is selling it as a conversion that ‘doesn’t cost the earth’.

You’ll be able to pay more for more range and faster charging, but the base spec conversion uses a ‘pre-owned’ Nissan Leaf motor and batteries.

LEC reckons the average London journey is only five miles too, so 60 will do you for a whole week. Unless you want to step foot outside of the M25, that is…

Still, your classic Mini will be tax, Congestion Charge and ULEZ exempt.

Converting old cars to EVs | Porsche 911 converted to an electric 500-BHP beast-12._london_electric_cars_affordable_electricpowered_classic_mini_conversion_static_telephone_box.jpg

For More:
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/ele...-mini-ev-ps25k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks