Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2022, 10:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5

Hyundai IONIQ 5 embarks on an 8-wonder exploration. Company flagged off the journey from the Corporate Head Quarters in Gurugram, Haryana.

Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5-smartselect_20221120105431_twitter.jpg

Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5-smartselect_20221120105443_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 20th November 2022 at 11:01.
Venkatesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 14:44   #107
BHPian

Hyundai India has announced bookings for Ioniq 5 to open on Dec 20th & Launch will happen at the Auto Expo Jan 2023.
Attached Thumbnails
Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5-a9ba01ae4fd447ebad9d87310e67957b.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 15:24   #108
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Ioniq 5 bookings open from 20th December.

Infographic

Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5-20221129_152301.jpg

Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5-20221129_152304.jpg

Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5-20221129_152308.jpg
Venkatesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:00   #109
BHPian

Glad to see more globally acclaimed cars in India. Internationally, Hyundai-Kia is gaining reputation for creating mass market EVs. But with the exorbitant taxes in India, they many not be able to give a compelling price tag for this one I guess [ though there is a big gap for EVs in 50L-1 Cr range for now ].
Hyundai-Kia were not known to be enthusiast's choice for ICEs. But they are changing that reputation with EVs.
enj0y_ride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 19:57   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Glad to see more globally acclaimed cars in India. Internationally, Hyundai-Kia is gaining reputation for creating mass market EVs. But with the exorbitant taxes in India, they many not be able to give a compelling price tag for this one I guess [ though there is a big gap for EVs in 50L-1 Cr range for now ].
Hyundai-Kia were not known to be enthusiast's choice for ICEs. But they are changing that reputation with EVs.
I wouldn't call the taxes on EVs in India to be exorbitant. The standard tax is 5% GST. Since this is a CKD, need to add a 15% tax on the invoiced value.

If Hyundai wants to, they can price it very competitively. The question is do they want volumes or high profits per unit sold? We will have to wait and see how they decide to play it.
shyampsunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:18   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
If Hyundai wants to, they can price it very competitively. The question is do they want volumes or high profits per unit sold? We will have to wait and see how they decide to play it.
Looks to me increasingly, Hyundai, M&M, KIA(Tata also has similar strategy) are bringing in EVs just they can sell more Diesels when the CAFE standards come in place. MS, Toyota & VW don't have diesels and not worried about any EV sales.

I believe Wagon R EV will never be sold as MS and Toyota can meet the regulations with hybrids. I speculate Hyundai may push their EVs with discounts based on their CAFE calculations, if more diesels are sold more push for EVs in year end sales.

Looking at other brands, Stellantis likely to launch Citroen C3 EV before the CAFE standards, probably help sell more big SUVs( if citroen and Jeep are clubbed as one company for the emission standards) , don't know how Renault and Nissan will respond.
SKC-auto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:56   #112
BHPian

I suspect the demand for this car will be very high considering the demand for the EV6 and XC40 Recharge. Hopefully Hyundai will have sufficient production to meet demand in a timely manner.
Old 30th November 2022, 10:59   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Considering Hyundai's slightly lower positioning than Kia in India, as compared to most of the world, where Kia is the slightly cheaper brand, I would think, they would price it slightly lower than the EV6 maybe by a lakh at most for a similar spec or they could offer lower specs and lower starting price so as to not cut out EV6 hype for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
I wouldn't call the taxes on EVs in India to be exorbitant. The standard tax is 5% GST. Since this is a CKD, need to add a 15% tax on the invoiced value.

I agree, they could price it competitively as the US rates range from 34 Lakhs (for the lowest trim) to about 46 lakhs (for the highest spec). However, considering the demand (seeing EV6), low supply (initally) and greed for profit, I doubt they will go below 45lakhs-55lakhs (for the low to high spec respectively, at least on during introductory stage).

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
I suspect the demand for this car will be very high considering the demand for the EV6 and XC40 Recharge. Hopefully Hyundai will have sufficient production to meet demand in a timely manner.
Globally, Hyundai-Kia EVs havent been able to meet production demand, which is why they are taking their time to launch it in most markets. There are still large number of orders pending for delivery. Batteries remains the biggest cost & constrain, while the chip shortage is slowly getting back on track. By late 2023, we should see a considerable improvement in market conditions, number of options to choose from and alot more competitive pricing.
Old 30th November 2022, 11:53   #114
BHPian

The Ioniq is one terrific looking car; although the current EVs are over priced, the government has to rationalize the taxes on batteries & EV tech if it has any intention of meeting the goals of Paris accord.

The biggest hurdle in making an EV the primary car remains the lack of charging infrastructure, until then they will need to exist as the urban second car.
Old 30th November 2022, 14:26   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
Considering Hyundai's slightly lower positioning than Kia in India, as compared to most of the world, where Kia is the slightly cheaper brand, I would think, they would price it slightly lower than the EV6 maybe by a lakh at most for a similar spec or they could offer lower specs and lower starting price so as to not cut out EV6 hype for the time being.
EV6 is a CBU import whereas the Ioniq 5 is going to be locally assembled (CKD import). So there should be a big price gap between the EV6 and Ioniq 5. Given that the EV6 starts at 60 Lakhs, a 10-15 Lakhs discount on the Ioniq 5 is expected.
Old 30th November 2022, 15:25   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
EV6 is a CBU import whereas the Ioniq 5 is going to be locally assembled (CKD import). So there should be a big price gap between the EV6 and Ioniq 5. Given that the EV6 starts at 60 Lakhs, a 10-15 Lakhs discount on the Ioniq 5 is expected.
My bad! I overlooked the CKD, because I would have thought initally at least they would be getting in the CBU route, before jumping to the CKD.

You are absolutely right. On the CKD route, we should see it closer to the 45L figure or even lower, if they are launching lower spec models.
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 19:07   #117
Senior - BHPian

Level 2 ADAS to be offered in the upcoming Ioniq5.

Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5-20221203_190606.jpg
Venkatesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 13:38   #118
BHPian

Any info on how the booking procedure will take place tommorow? And at what time it will begin?
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 13:05   #119
BHPian

Has the booking started. cannot find any information
Old 20th December 2022, 14:23   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post
Has the booking started. cannot find any information
I talked to a dealer and they have no clue about this booking opening today thing.
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks