Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2022, 10:41   #136
BHPian

Re: Driving Impressions : Hyundai Ioniq 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
This webpage is really good, and it shows off all features in a neat manner with proper animations and descriptions.

Then this would surely be launched at 50L+ looking at the feature set and its a big car too.
RIP Ioniq dreams
That was the test link, this is the new official link https://ioniq5experience.hyundai.co.in/#/car/ioniq

Although content is the same.

The launch price will be high 40s or 50L I think simply keeping in mind the EV6 CBU model 72kWh RWD price.
koolkunz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 11:27   #137
BHPian

It is very nice to see it fully loaded with features and they have not skimped on anything including the vision roof. In all probability, it looks to be the RWD 77KW version.

It is also very nice of Hyundai to lock-in on the cancellation only after pricing announcement on 15th or 16th Jan '23. I think it is fair.

Made a booking for the matte gold colour. Looking forward to the pricing and TD.
BlackRaven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 11:43   #138
BHPian

Pretty frustrating to book the car. The payment page opens in a pop up (instead of a redirect) which is disabled on iOS. There is no way to come back to the payment screen once you miss that opportunity.

The dealership says it’s all managed through Hyundai D2C team and raised a support ticket. However there is no central helpline for that, and the automatically assigned agent has their phone switched off.

I can’t help but wonder how can companies get so big yet so dysfunctional. At the same time I’m grateful for the service received from RO purification vendors - they have something to teach an automobile giant.

Last edited by ricky_speed : 21st December 2022 at 11:44. Reason: Typo
ricky_speed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 12:00   #139
BHPian

Dealer is saying to me that expected on road price is 70-75 lakhs (which I don't believe), I will wait for price reveal before booking as I don't want to give 25k cancellation penalty.
Old 21st December 2022, 13:04   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_speed View Post
Pretty frustrating to book the car. The payment page opens in a pop up (instead of a redirect) which is disabled on iOS. There is no way to come back to the payment screen once you miss that opportunity.

The dealership says it’s all managed through Hyundai D2C team and raised a support ticket. However there is no central helpline for that, and the automatically assigned agent has their phone switched off.

I can’t help but wonder how can companies get so big yet so dysfunctional. At the same time I’m grateful for the service received from RO purification vendors - they have something to teach an automobile giant.
Same here. Then used another number to book from web, payment went through, but no confirmation email received from the company.

Please update if any body has received any confirmation.
Old 21st December 2022, 14:05   #141
BHPian

I'm not sure why they are launching this with 20inch wheels (255/45/20) when the EV6 AWD with more power and torque comes with 235/55/19. I drove the EV6 and it was really comfortable over the bad roads in Hyd.

Ioniq 5 might not with the bigger wheels.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 14:06   #142
BHPian

I have booked it and I got both SMS and also email confirmation with booking docket. Also got assigned to an SC from the dealership with his contact information sent.
Old 21st December 2022, 15:08   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
I have booked it and I got both SMS and also email confirmation with booking docket. Also got assigned to an SC from the dealership with his contact information sent.
I got a confirmation from there service team after i called that my booking is confirmed, but have not received the email or docket. What does that docket contain.
Old 21st December 2022, 15:36   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post
Same here. Then used another number to book from web, payment went through, but no confirmation email received from the company.

Please update if any body has received any confirmation.
They fixed the booking page finally to add a button to complete payment. I received an email confirmation (with the headline ‘null’ ) and could download a ‘Digital Booking Docket’ on the clicktobuy portal.

Last edited by ricky_speed : 21st December 2022 at 15:42.
Old 21st December 2022, 20:02   #145

Could anyone confirm what will be the ground clearance in India. I drive a Tucson and it's 192 mm, but this car shows 142mm in USA, which can be a deal breaker for me.

Any info on this?
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:32   #146
BHPian

I don't know if anybody already posted this information. I got the brochure from Hyundai sales person.

Two page version with highlights IONIQ 5 TWO PAGER.pdf

Full version [ATTACH=ioniq-brochure.pdf]2392893[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ioniq-brochure.pdf (4.24 MB, 310 views)
Hawk4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 12:53   #147
BHPian

Is it just for me or does the white bezel around the digital instrument cluster and infotainment screens look super awkward, especially with the black interiors? A all black glass like finish would make it look like the screens on the mercedes but the white is just
vignesh207 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 14:27   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4 View Post
I don't know if anybody already posted this information. I got the brochure from Hyundai sales person.

Two page version with highlights Attachment 2392891

Full version [ATTACH=ioniq-brochure.pdf]2392893[/ATTACH]
Rear seats have heating function but not cooling.
Old 22nd December 2022, 21:50   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Is it just for me or does the white bezel around the digital instrument cluster and infotainment screens look super awkward, especially with the black interiors? A all black glass like finish would make it look like the screens on the mercedes but the white is just
I believe that is just a film to cover the scratchy bits of those panels especially on a display car with multiple journos touching those places.
UncleSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 23:01   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Cancellation Charges
- For bookings done prior to launch date & cancelled on or before 17th Jan’23 : NIL

- For bookings done prior to launch date & cancelled after 17th Jan’23 : Rs. 25,000/-

- For bookings done on or after launch date : Rs. 25,000/-
Didn't realize this is a norm now. So you're supposed to book a car without knowing details about it, you are not be able to change variant or trim and lose 25k if you don't like what they launch?

Success really has gone to their heads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed