Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2022, 19:23   #91
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata Altroz EV to get larger battery, 40% more range

From one of the image I feel it kind of resemble Nexon. So I guess this could be new nexon ev with extended range + face lift (new air dam).
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Altroz EV to get larger battery, 40% more range-tbone.jpg  

T-Bone is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 09:59   #92

Exciting news. Hope to see Altroz in EV avatar.
prash27 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 12:46   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
That looks like a rear windshield, there is a decent sloping profile. The edge profile currently doesn't match any current tata cars rear windshield. So is it Nexon coupe in an ev avatar? or a completely new concept car? maybe Altroz based sedan?

By the way this still looks like a concept thing to me, with all those cut and comb profile, it will be a horrible thing for a production ready car, from a dust and dirt accumilation perspective.

What I am liking is that Tata is maintaining the hype around its products, rather much better than any other manufacturer. A really great strategy, to keep people talking about their cars and demonstrate that after the initial kick of success they are still constantly evolving.

EV is a good direction, but Tata give us one good 4 pot petrol engine!
ArTigor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 14:04   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
From one of the image I feel it kind of resemble Nexon. So I guess this could be new nexon ev with extended range + face lift (new air dam).
Incredible eagle eyed sleuthing there!

While an extended range Nexon EV would further cement it as India's EV du jour, I'd love to see an Altroz EV asap! It's already such a handsome hatchback and I can easily see families like mine stump for it as a city runabout. Either way I just hope it isn't some long in the pipeline teaser, I'm sure everyone would like to see either the Nexon extended range or Altroz EV come within the next few months. One of the few problems with Tata is that after enticing us, they seem to proceed at a deliberate pace shall we say.
ads11 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 20:20   #95
BHPian

New teaser:

Apparently a concept car.

Last edited by pradeep_mvpa : 2nd April 2022 at 20:22.
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 20:41   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTigor View Post
By the way this still looks like a concept thing to me, ..
Check the audio in this clip between 0:34 and 0:36 .. She says something on the lines of a "introducing ..... concept".
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa;5289756[URL="https://Youtu.be/eqHMh7omZMY"
https://Youtu.be/eqHMh7omZMY[/url]Apparently a concept car.

Like both of you say, this looks quite likely a concept car. But hopefully, something close to production design - if we go on what happened with the Nexon. Less than 4 days to know what it is.

Quote:
But then Tata has been following the Russian Doll concept - most of the new cars are too similar to each other.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 11:10   #97
BHPian

Hope this turns out to be a preview for 2nd Gen Nexon. The present car was showcased as a concept back in 2014, and the production version was unveiled back in Auto Expo 2016. Its been 6 years and the next Auto Expo would be a good time for 2nd Gen Nexon.

From the video:
"You evolve, and shape what lies ahead", I think it definitely hints toward a new-gen Nexon.

Last edited by umohan98 : 4th April 2022 at 11:16. Reason: Adding few more comments
umohan98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:06   #98
BHPian

This one is definitely the Tata Nexon extended range EV and the concept car for future will be the Nexon Coupe EV as Tata Motors has an aggressive EV pipeline. I have confirmed this with one of the sales reps recently when i had been for a Harrier test drive.
joeva1706 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:07   #99

Quote:
+1

Also to me, it seems like a long-range Nexon coupe concept.

Does it have a resemblance to the Nexon's sloping roofline with a rear quarter glass (marked with the yellow arrows in the below pictures)?

Name:  tataelectricsuvteaser21696x392.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  41.3 KB

Also, is this a sloping rear windshield to give it a more coupe-ish-like rear (marked with green arrow)??

Scoop! Tata Altroz EV to get larger battery, 40% more range-2017tatanexon36.jpg

Well, only time will tell!

Image Source:
Picture1: GaadiWaadi.com
Picture2: TeamBHP Tata Nexon official review.
BoxBox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 05:36   #100
BHPian

When was the last time we were so excited about a new car launch ? That too from an Indian company? Well done Tata Motors.

I hope they keep their pedal to the metal and not lose this momentum.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 07:20   #101
BHPian

I too have decided to wait before EV becomes mainstream and well established. I have no desire to be an "Early Adopter" where > 10L of my hard earned money is concerned. In the interim I have opted for CNG.

Talking about EV and associated larger issues of charging infrastructure, battery charging capacity etc I know from first hand knowledge that TATA Power is furiously working (with board level impetus) on establishing charging stations across the nation. I would give it another 2 years before EV will completely dominate the market.
Old 5th April 2022, 07:54   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon EV coupe concept to be unveiled on April 6, 2022.

Link (Rumour: Tata Nexon Coupe EV India launch in 2023)
Old 5th April 2022, 13:34   #103
BHPian

If it's an SUV longer than 4m, they better have a panoramic sunroof at launch. Especially on ICE variants. That's how they can compete against the Creta.

I wonder what's the base platform used for this. X1, ALFA, or Sigma? I doubt they would use Omega for an EV at their initial stage of EV launches.
Old 5th April 2022, 13:57   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post

I wonder what's the base platform used for this. X1, ALFA, or Sigma? I doubt they would use Omega for an EV at their initial stage of EV launches.
I think it's retirement for the X1 now. Nexon coupe will most likely be based on the Sigma platform. And they are reserving the skateboard architecture for ground up EV only models as far as I know.
Old 5th April 2022, 14:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Motors will unveil a new EV on 6th April, Altroz EV or Nexon EV Long Range ?
More images below. It appears like an all new electric SUV and not a Nexon long range EV or Altroz EV. Tata has also trade marked two names - Curvv and Sliq.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Altroz EV to get larger battery, 40% more range-0_img20220405wa0071.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Altroz EV to get larger battery, 40% more range-0_img20220405wa0072.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Altroz EV to get larger battery, 40% more range-0_img20220405wa0070.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Altroz EV to get larger battery, 40% more range-0_img20220405wa0069.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 5th April 2022 at 14:36.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks