Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2022, 16:47   #301
BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon EV Max, launched at Rs. 17.74 lakh (pg 18)

Just visited a dealership and got to know that TaMo has told the dealers that they have to state waiting period as 6 months for the max version. Fail to understand this new trend of launching vehicles with waiting period on Day 1. I understand the models getting popular and demand supply issue happening in a few months post launch, but waiting period since day 1 is funny
yashcosmos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 17:01   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Just visited a dealership and got to know that TaMo has told the dealers that they have to state waiting period as 6 months for the max version. Fail to understand this new trend of launching vehicles with waiting period on Day 1. I understand the models getting popular and demand supply issue happening in a few months post launch, but waiting period since day 1 is funny
I visited on Monday to book the normal Nexon EV which already had a waiting period of 16-18 weeks in delhi. The petrol Nexon had close to 30-32 weeks waiting. Have shifted my booking to EV max but the SA has refused to comment on any delivery time as of now. He did share the brochure and price list but considering people were already making bookings for EV max even before it was launched will add up to waiting.

Moreover a lot of people I feel will move to the Max version and those who don't will probably end up getting the car much sooner. SA told me they will be forwarding all the pre-bookings and orders received today Tata Motors and will update once they receive any timeline update. Surely have to kiss the 20k discount goodbye on my booking now as I switch to the Max version.

Forget discounts now a days, people are lucky to get cars on the launched / booked prices these seeing how prices increase every couple of months and all dealers now mention, price applicable at time of delivery will be invoiced and might change no matter on what prices you booked.

Last edited by prateekchanana : 11th May 2022 at 17:05.
prateekchanana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 17:52   #303
Senior - BHPian

Booked the Nexon EV XZ+ Max today. Will be cancelling the MG ZS EV booking tomorrow.
Nexon makes a lot of sense and even compared to the excite variant of MG ZS it will be cheaper by 4L.

I had booked the earlier version of Nexon EV, but cancelled it after a long test drive. There were lot of things that were missing in the earlier version. Now Tata Motors has addressed all the drawbacks except for the missing 6 airbags.

Nexon has much better ride compared to MG and the higher ground clearance helps. Also I would prefer 16" wheels over 17" one anyday.
One can expect a very useable range of around 300Kms from the EV Max. This will suffice 95% of my requirements. No point waiting anymore to take the leap.

Also it doesn't make any sense to pay 60K more for 7.2KW AC charger, this can be bought anytime in the future.

Below is the on-road price in Bangalore. Test drive will start next week and the delivery timelines are a bit uncertain.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon EV Max, launched at Rs. 17.74 lakh (pg 18)-whatsapp-image-20220511-4.05.20-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by speedmiester : 11th May 2022 at 17:56.
speedmiester is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 17:57   #304
Team-BHP Support

They did so much to improve this Max version but skipped the simplest update to LED headlights from halogen bulbs. For an EV the halogen would be 100W high + low power whereas LED would be 25-35W. Wouldn't that get a couple of kms of range at night.

With the price bump LEd's should have been there by default.
Vid6639 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 18:08   #305
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon EV Max product description

Old 11th May 2022, 18:12   #306
BHPian

Can anyone explain me multi mode regen? what it exactly does and how to use it?
Old 11th May 2022, 18:43   #307
Senior - BHPian

Have to give this to Tata, the way they listen to reviews and get it implemented at the earliest possible timeframe. They did it with the Harrier first, and now the Nexon.

I recall most of these (all discs, hill assists, cruise controls etc) as potential wish list from the folks who had driven/bought the Nexon EV's and now Tata had taken the effort to get them all in with the MAX version. Way to go!
sarathlal is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 18:43   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
Can anyone explain me multi mode regen? what it exactly does and how to use it?
shortbread is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 18:51   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They did so much to improve this Max version but skipped the simplest update to LED headlights from halogen bulbs. For an EV the halogen would be 100W high + low power whereas LED would be 25-35W. Wouldn't that get a couple of kms of range at night.

With the price bump LEd's should have been there by default.
Most probably that update has been scheduled in line with the 'Jim Corbett National Park' edition later in 2023 .

When it does arrive it will hopefully be a straightforward aftermarket retrofit and the existing headlamps will end up on ebay/OLX!
shortbread is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 19:22   #310
BHPian

Fantastic Pricing Tata! Now Nexon is upgraded with all essential features

It is time to accelerate the production and start targeting the export market where MG and other similar entry level EV models are sold.

When they competing at abroad, we'll continue to get trending Technologies and gizmos in the Tata cars sold in India as well.

What's Next? Solar Panel in the Roof Like Fiskar, Sono Sian (34 KMs range added every day from Solar) If that's the case ride to office and back home may not even require charging

Even that extra Solar power could be used for air-conditioning / Music system, so range is extended.

They should also provide upgrade option to LED headlight. one can spend here to extract little more range.
TeddyBear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 19:38   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
So Nexon EV's top of the line 'Max XZ+ LUX' variant (Prateek's right, that name is a mouthful), with a 7.3kW AC fast charger will undercut the base MG excite variant by 2-2.5 Lacs.

That is likely to steal some sales of the zs, unless MG has something else up their sleeves.
Don’t forget 6 airbags on the MG, 25% bigger battery and a much larger vehicle.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 20:09   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Nexon still beats the base Excite model by having higher ground clearance and better ride quality. The Mg doesn't even come with climate control HVAC. The extra 25% battery doesn't translate to a equivalent higher certified range, which is just 24 km more than Nexon EV max.
The excellent handling of Nexon is also because of it's 50:50 weight distribution, wish it was rear wheel driven .
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon EV Max, launched at Rs. 17.74 lakh (pg 18)-screenshot_202205112003592.png  

Last edited by damodar : 11th May 2022 at 20:10.
damodar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 20:20   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
+demonstrated reliability of the ZS EV world-wide.

I agree on the safety aspect as well. Nexon EV was never crash tested, and hence we really don't know if the ICE version's crash rating applies to the EV versions. I heard that TaMo had to struggle to fit a larger battery into the Nexon. A crash test will confirm if any structural compromises had to be made to make the battery fit.

Battery size by itself is not determinative of range. We will need to compare what the the actual real-world difference in range would be. A difference of 30-40km may not really matter in the real world, in my opinion.

As regards the actual size of the vehicle, I was really underwhelmed by the ZS EV's cabin space. The rear especially is cramped and uncomfortable. I don't think exterior bulk of the ZS EV has translated into any tangible additional interior room over Nexon.

We must not forget that it's not just the price; there are areas where the Nexon clearly scores over ZS EV including
a. Ventilated seats
b. A more comfortable rear seat
c. Much much better looks (especially the snout).
d. A more comfortable suspension setup
e. Niceties like a cooled glove-box, a better music system, auto-dimming IRVM.
f. Doesn't have irritants which the ZS EV suffers from - Nexon's headlights are actually usable, the reverse camera is decent unlike the ZS EV's atrocious unit etc.

I plan to take a test drive of the EV Max as soon as test drive vehicles reach dealerships (Expected in the next 7-10 days apparently). If there are no red flags, I think I will cancel my ZS EV Exclusive booking and opt for the top-end Nexon instead.

Last edited by qaqa : 11th May 2022 at 20:30.
qaqa is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 20:27   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
Why cant Tata declare the max power at which the car can charge. If this cant charge at 50kW till 80%, it will be a huge handicap for highway drives. By the declared charging speed, it looks like the DC charging speed is about 35kW which is disappointing.
Actually Nexon can indeed charge at max 50kW as mentioned in the features. Its usually the case that the a battery charges 10% to 80% in the fastest time and then 80% to 100% takes a lot more time. So its a very common marketing practice to quote 80% max charging time on fast chargers to show a low number.
Compare this to your phones, you will observe the same behaviour with fast chargers.
swarnava.ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 20:32   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
+demonstrated reliability of the ZS EV world-wide.
I don't think that would make any difference. Both cars were launched in 2019, no one knows about the long term reliability of any of the two. Also, I don't think ZS EV has done significant numbers in any other market except China and India. Last year they sold around 14000 EVs in whole Europe.
udaikalra01 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks