Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 20:06   #406
BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon EV Max, launched at Rs. 17.74 lakh (pg 18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Some updated information on Ac charger with regards to Nexon Ev Max.
What is a Hobs lead? Has anyone booked the max from Bangalore? Would love to know if someone has booked at KHT Domlur. Have been having a not so great experience so far.
Old 14th May 2022, 22:09   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok9345 View Post
What is a Hobs lead? Has anyone booked the max from Bangalore? Would love to know if someone has booked at KHT Domlur. Have been having a not so great experience so far.
Hobs is their internal terminology for charging box installation request. Dealers raise it on the day of invoice so that the Tata Power guys can plan their visit over the next day or two. Per their process, charger box is supposed to be installed prior to delivery.

Do not have great expectations from Tata sales. For all the great products they dish out, Tata motors have a lot of ground to cover when it comes to customer experience.

Last edited by cool_dube : 14th May 2022 at 22:19.
cool_dube is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 09:54   #408
BHPian

Hi. I am laying cable for charging point for a Nexon EV standard soon. The box that came with the car is at my father's location and I need a charging point at my residence as well.

I am laying a 4 mm Cable. In future if i acquire a vehicle that can use fast AC charging or a vehicle that can be charged at 7.2 KW a 4 mm cable is enough or I need to go for a higher rated cable to future proof the installation?
Old 15th May 2022, 12:00   #409

I had booked XUV700 only to cancel the booking after I came to know that waiting period is 1 year. Now, I am eagerly waiting for 700Km range product from Tata Motors.

Also, I am parallelly looking for building 10kW solar grid on top of my building so that I can charge car, feed it back to Home UPS and also back to grid to how much ever quantity possible. I am sure I don't want to get one more metered connection from BESCOM for this purpose.

If any of you in Bangalore are working on such a plan, can we make a like minded group to get started on solutioning this jointly and spread the solution to wider T-BHP Group?

Kind regards
Mahi
Old 15th May 2022, 18:49   #410
Senior - BHPian

Dread to think what the wait time will be for the Max variant shortly. If waiting periods grow to 6-8 months+ , it will be a real downer for the country's nascent EV boom.
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 18:52   #411
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Hi. I am laying cable for charging point for a Nexon EV standard soon. The box that came with the car is at my father's location and I need a charging point at my residence as well.

I am laying a 4 mm Cable. In future if i acquire a vehicle that can use fast AC charging or a vehicle that can be charged at 7.2 KW a 4 mm cable is enough or I need to go for a higher rated cable to future proof the installation?
The cable mm depends also on the length. So lets say its less then 20meters or around 60 feet. You should go with a 6 sq.mm wire
Note: At its max consumption of 7.2kw the cable will get quite warm or hot. If you want the cable to stay cool you need to get a 10 sq.mm wire.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 21:21   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Dread to think what the wait time will be for the Max variant shortly. If waiting periods grow to 6-8 months+ , it will be a real downer for the country's nascent EV boom.
Couldn’t agree more. The dealers are still not able to comment anything properly for even the cars booked on first day of launch. Have just been told the wait time remains the same at 16-18 weeks for both standard and max.

But it’s crazy that even when you book the car within hours of launch, you will have to wait 4 months to get it. And this is when even the reviews are not out.
Old 15th May 2022, 21:33   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
But it’s crazy that even when you book the car within hours of launch, you will have to wait 4 months to get it. And this is when even the reviews are not out.
I guess the quoted waiting periods are more to generate hype and garner faster bookings. I was quoted a waiting period of 3-4 months for my Nexon EV and I got it within 6 weeks from date of booking.

Last edited by cool_dube : 15th May 2022 at 21:51.
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 23:20   #414
BHPian

Excellent pricing, timing and product offering from Tata. They have achieved a major feat with respect to the EV transition. We couldn’t hide the fact that the rising fuel price made it easier for Tata to market but then considering other manufacturers are doing nothing or slow to react when they already have established models overseas gives TAMO the appreciation it deserves. Also their recent reveal on Curvv model and Avinya concept makes things really interesting.

I completely support TAMOs decision to introduce these on the Nexon which IMHO is the perfect test bed for the models to come. Only if Tata could also up the game with after sales services as well…
techmotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 09:34   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerEphraim View Post
The car is just over a year old and I have just crossed 15000 km with some outstation trips as well.
What has been your average range per charge? I would like to see some stats if you don't mind!
Old 16th May 2022, 09:41   #416
BHPian

Called my Sales Advisor and got my booking changed from Nexon EV XZ+ to Nexon EV Max XZ+ with the 7.2 kW charger.

Super happy about the timing and pricing. I desperately wanted Cruise Control and ESP on my car and had been waiting for a year now, but looking at fuel prices decided to forego the features. Adjustable Regen and that beautiful Jaguaresk shift knob are just the icing on the cake
nathanjdias is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:41   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
What has been your average range per charge? I would like to see some stats if you don't mind!
I get an average of 200-220 kms per charge. Large part of it is city drives - to office and back and other personal and official runabouts. I have had two 1000km trips and a few shorter ones.

Although this is nowhere near the ARAI quoted range, it suffices my needs and has altogether been a great ownership experience.

Service experience has been just satisfactory and nothing really great to write about. Considering that I need to go through that only once a year, I am not letting that cloud my ownership experience.
RogerEphraim is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:14   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerEphraim View Post
I get an average of 200-220 kms per charge
Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Ditto for me as well - in the range of 200-220 km per charge. A good rule of thumb is to expect ~70% of ARAI certified range as real-world range. So, one can realistically expect 300-320 km of real-world range for the Nexon EV Max.

On a related note, Kudos to Tata Motors for keeping the regular (30.2 kWh pack) Nexon EV alive. Customers can take their pick depending on respective use cases. As I see it, the regular Nexon EV suffices for city use whereas the Nexon EV Max makes a compelling case for folks who would want to undertake highway drives as well.
cool_dube is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:53   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Ditto for me as well - in the range of 200-220 km per charge. A good rule of thumb is to expect ~70% of ARAI certified range as real-world range. So, one can realistically expect 300-320 km of real-world range for the Nexon EV Max.
I'm quite optimistic that Nexon EV MAX could offer a range of 350-400 kms for those who will be able to utilise the cruise control and manual regen effectively.
Jattitude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 13:56   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiDesai View Post
I had booked XUV700 only to cancel the booking after I came to know that waiting period is 1 year. Now, I am eagerly waiting for 700Km range product from Tata Motors.
You're eagerness will probably end up disappointed. Even for the concept car that they hope to launch in 2025, Tata has set a target of 500 kms. I'm assuming (and hoping) that 2 things will get better in the next 2-5 years; (1) The difference between ARAI tested range and the real world range under respectable driving, and (2) The charging time of batteries.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks