Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 21:16   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor Electric Review

Hi guys ,
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question, Mods please remove this post if i have posted it in the wrong thread .

My question is that , Will we ever see a Tiago EV ??

It was last showed a few years back as a concept and it really made sense for people who only travelled inside the city .

The Tigor EV has been launched at a quite steep price and if the Tata Tiago EV even costs 8 lakhs On-road then it will make more sense than the Tigor EV .

So , does anyone has any idea that if we will be seeing a Tiago EV.
Thanks in advance
Old 17th May 2022, 07:21   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
The Tigor EV has been launched at a quite steep price and if the Tata Tiago EV even costs 8 lakhs On-road then it will make more sense than the Tigor EV .
It seems you are really out of picture with respect to the current price scenario. I have a August 2021 price list with me, in which Tiago top end on road price is more than 8 lakhs. Of course, there could be some deductions, but not more than 50k. In the last 9 months, I am sure that now it must be around 8.5-9 lakhs on road. So, don't expect anything less than 10 lakhs.

Also, as known in Tigor EV boot space is compromised due to battery and in Tiago CNG there is negligible boot space, how are you expecting them to pack the battery? Sure, E2O & E2O+ were EV hatchbacks, but they have very limited range, I think around 100kms only. So, will you buy a Tiago EV costing more than 10 lakhs with range around 100kms? I think it will be a very difficult task to launch Tiago EV successfully. If they can do it, nothing else like it
arif_t01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 08:52   #78
BHPian

Our Tigor EV recently completed the 5k milestone. With dad's sedate driving, its offering a nice 275kms range on highways and about 200-220kms in ghats. Last week Mahad-Pune took a big chunk out with only 130kms taking up 65% of the battery while on return leg, after reaching Mahad it still had 45% battery left. (could be due to the ascends and descends with Pune being at a much higher MSL)

Also to note, many reports of Dec 2021 manufactured Tigor EV having issues with Air-Con system. While we haven't had any issues so far, fingers crossed!
Torq is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:52   #79
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Tigor EV is selling quite well.

Tata Tigor Electric Review-1.jpg
Quote:
Tata Tigor BEV case study

What is interesting to note is improved sales of Tata Tigor EV in recent quarters. This can be attributed to new higher battery capacity and more powerful electric motor added to Tigor facelift in Q3-2021. New drivetrain with more power and torque on offer, combined with longer range and fast charging capability has made Tigor more practical and usable, at relatively accessible price point. Changed value proposition always alter market potential for any product, and so is the case of Tata Tigor EV. Manufacturers need to closely focus on the value proposition of BEV products for long term success.
Source : Autopunditz
pqr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:52   #80
BHPian

Seen quite a few recently on the Bombay roads. Is there a discount or some incentive?
Old 3rd August 2022, 01:11   #81
BHPian

Tata sure has a lousy presales team. Registered for a test drive on their website. I received a call promptly after registering from their head office, asking for dealer preference. I had selected Venkatramana Motors Gachibowli. After this, there was absolutely no communication from dealer. I lost the little interest I had towards this product.

It's like a take it or leave it ordeal when you have to buy a Tata car.
Old 3rd August 2022, 07:25   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post

After this, there was absolutely no communication from dealer. I lost the little interest I had towards this product.

It's like a take it or leave it ordeal when you have to buy a Tata car.
Typical behaviour of dealers when demand is more than the supply.

If you really like the vehicle, don’t stop due to behaviour of one dealer.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th August 2022 at 19:57. Reason: As requested
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 17:17   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Typical behaviour of dealers when demand is more than the supply.

If you really like the vehicle, don’t stop due to behaviour of one dealer.
Yup. Same here in Trivandrum. Called the supposedly biggest dealer here-Trivandrum motors. They promised to bring the car for test drive but all promises on air. Absolutely not interested in following up and telling they will check the cars availability for a test drive( this is a tigor not a Mercedes or Porsche). Finally said they will come on Sunday. Well it's 5 pm as we speak and no sign of them.

Reminded me again of the Ambassador/ Padmini days. It's high time TATA gets a better dealer for Trivandrum.

This coming from a person who has 100% intent on buying a tigor ev.Pity and angered at a wasted Sunday.

Hope and pray Maruti/ Toyota will ramp up their electric plans and bring something out soon. Then I don't have to deal with these kind of unprofessional TATA dealers anymore.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 7th August 2022 at 19:57. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 7th August 2022, 18:44   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Reminded me again of the Ambassador/ Padmini days. It's high time TATA gets a better dealer for Trivandrum.

This coming from a person who has 100% intent on buying a tigor ev.Pity and angered at a wasted Sunday.

Hope and pray Maruti/ Toyota will ramp up their electric plans and bring something out soon. Then I don't have to deal with these kind of unprofessional TATA dealers anymore.
One of the two reasons, I skipped the Tata Nexon was the dealer behavior! they have more than enough sales that they just don't care to sell, no test drive, not even trying to sell either. Their attitude is like if you want it come to the showroom and pay the booking amount, then we will talk! no Customer service at all. This may not be the case with all dealerships or service personnel, but at least some Tata dealerships and their personnel don't feel any need to try to sell as they are already overwhelmed with more than enough sales.
Old 8th August 2022, 08:36   #85
BHPian

[quote=itsmeparvathy9;5374988but at least some Tata dealerships and their personnel don't feel any need to try to sell as they are already overwhelmed with more than enough sales.[/QUOTE]

UPDATE!!

The test drive vehicle finally came by around 6pm. Any grudges I had quickly evaporated the moment I took the wheel. Was impressed with the adequate power and the compactness of the vehicle. Also the drive in D mode is almost close to one pedal driving if you keep a reasonable distance up front for deceleration. Only negative I felt was the overly stiff ride on the pothole ridden roads of Trivandrum and the noisy auto ac fan ( it was noisy in my previous tigor also, here it's amplified by the quieter powertrain).

Went ahead and booked it in teal blue dual tone. They have ready stock and promised delivery in around 10 days by Chingam ( auspicious time for Kerala). Even I was surprised as I was expecting a wait time due to all the news on semi conductor issues and what not.

So folks, as GTO and other senior members have pointed out,dont write off a car based on dealer experience alone. The car and the suitability is all that matters.
Nanolover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 09:55   #86
BANNED

Quote:
UPDATE!!
So folks, as GTO and other senior members have pointed out,dont write off a car based on dealer experience alone. The car and the suitability is all that matters.
Good for you, but in my case, the AMT in the Nexon was a deal breaker anyway. glad to know that at least there is an improvement in service on their part
Old 9th August 2022, 09:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Good for you, but in my case, the AMT in the Nexon was a deal breaker anyway. glad to know that at least there is an improvement in service on their part
Yes, In my case I had dropped an escalation mail with the link to our team bhp forum and just now got a call from Kerala regional manager! THANKS TO THE POWER OF Team bhp !!!!

He apologized for the troubles caused and was very genuine in his concern. Seems the problem is the test drive vehicle is covering a wider area across Trivandrum , so a heads up is needed apparently to get the vehicle.

Anyways the post booking process is now up to speed and hope for a smoother journey now onwards.

Will post a detailed buying experience on this forum.

Last edited by Nanolover : 9th August 2022 at 09:22.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 23:30   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

After the Nexon, is Tata readying a Tigor EV Max variant too? This time, with more power on tap as well?

Caught zipping through the streets of Pune by our friendly neighbourhood Autospy. In his words - "It was really fast!"

Tata Tigor Electric Review-c2e86811c0644f1296f264ae458583f4.jpeg

Tata Tigor Electric Review-dab6c0c797ad456a81494d847085a3ef.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 20:10   #89
BHPian

Update. Bank loan cleared and full payment done. Vehicle was in stock , unfortunately the dual tone was alloted to someone else. So settled for xz+ ( good in a way as I can save cose to 16k). All 3 xz+ models they had in stock were May 2022 VIN models.

Chose one of them. Initial impression was not very good as the car had a flat main battery. Also one of the keyless keys were missing. Immidiate reasoning is there is only one remote key to which I counter argued stating i know it comes with 2 keys and the smaller key anyways is for the keyless remote only. Service guys came and jump started it with jump leads. Reason is standard fare- cars standing for some time idle will have flat battery and assured that a new battery will be put in.

Over the course of my long saga of buying Tata , have managed to keep expectations deliberately low but this is just unbelievable. Anyways hope I will have a fuss free experience going forward. Product always counts and nothing else for me.

Now waiting for registration and number allotment as Kerala does not allow delivery unless number is alloted and number plate is installed on the vehicle.

A picture of the car for viewing pleasure!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor Electric Review-img_20220816_195848.jpg  

Last edited by Nanolover : 16th August 2022 at 20:16.
Nanolover is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 00:13   #90

Quote:
Yup. Same here in Trivandrum. Called the supposedly biggest dealer here-Trivandrum motors. They promised to bring the car for test drive but all promises on air. Absolutely not interested in following up and telling they will check the cars availability for a test drive( this is a tigor not a Mercedes or Porsche). Finally said they will come on Sunday. Well it's 5 pm as we speak and no sign of them.
There seems to be a dealer in Kottayam with a youtube channel. He claims in one of the videos to deliver all across Kerala. You could probably try reaching out to him:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks