Other (please specify in your post) 10 4.10%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2021, 05:04   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Tigor EV vs Tata Nexon EV vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
If I were to buy an EV today, it would be the MG ZS EV.
That said, I would ideally want to wait for a couple of years before taking an EV plunge.
I voted OTHER. Same reasons as above. I would pick MG ZS EV if I had to buy today, despite the price difference over the Nexon being a bit more than I care for. I feel the MG ZS would have been in a sweeter price spot if it was about 2L less than its current retail price. I also feel it would have been better if FAME extended up to the INR 30 lakh segment instead of its current limit. This is the segment that can create the maximum pull given it costs some extra money to give that extra range etc which will get people comfortable enough to make an EV their only vehicle. Currently its the more affluent households enjoying the subsidy because most buyers of cars like Nexon are at least “two car” families. The government needs to incentivise purchase of cars with a range that can actually be considered as even a single car for the family.

Ideally, I too would like to wait a couple of years though before I am actually ready to adopt an EV I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Don't trust Tata/Mahindra enough to buy their V1 cars, let alone a totally new technology.
I would trust / distrust an MG (SIAC) product as much or as little as a Tata product. Let’s just say I’m cautiously wary but if I had to buy an EV today, I would be ok buying either of these without v1 concerns.

With a Mahindra “EV”, I would be one notch more wary. Ironic since they made the earliest moves into electric including their acquisition of Reva and what not.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 22:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
lI am heading straight to the MG showroom.
Voted for Nexon EV hands down.

But can't think of giving Chinese a single rupee from my hard earned sweat and blood to shoot down my own brother in the border and invade my land. It's a no brainer as simple as that. Sorry for the sentiments. But automobile is a product of passion translated into practicality for many a multitude. So is the other one. Unfortunately it's also true that Nexon EV also comes with a Chinese motor and perhaps batteries and some electronics too, but at least we can reduce the number of bullets they can put into my brothers chest when each one of it counts.
adityadeva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 23:03   #33
BHPian

The poll is biased IMHO. There are not that many options in the market. Why should options from MG and Hyundai be not included? Why should they be tagged others?

I voted OTHER. I'd rather have a Hyundai Kona or an MG rather than Tata. Poor reliability of the version 1 products and service being the primary reasons.
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:12   #34
BHPian

Voted for Nexon EV. In this segment/price bracket its a no brainer.
On the other hand if budget is not a constraint MG ZS would be a better choice.

Mods, pls change price heading.
Attached Images

Old 30th November 2021, 11:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Voted for : Tata Nexon EV

If you check the pricing on paper Nexon EV makes for a more sensible buy.
However, there are few points one must consider:

If one considers the on-road pricing post all subsidies and ready delivery, Tigor EV makes more sense for someone who is looking for a car to commute within city limits. As per the TBHP review, even though the power is lesser than Nexon, on-road it is more than sufficient.
Exactly the rationale I used to book the Tigor EV. As per Tata, the real-world range is more or less similar. Hence, making both Nexon and Tigor similar range point A to point B cars. If the EV is going to be a 2nd car (for the city) for someone, then Tigor EV makes more sense vis-a-vis Nexon EV for purely economic reasons. The speed of Nexon will become irrelevant for city use. For me, a car like Nexon would make sense in a few years from now when it has a ~500 km real-world range.
Jattitude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks