Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 12:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulemanP View Post

I can understand if you plug your vehicle for charging in society common meter circuit, if that is the case! Ideally you can pull a connection from your own meter and do the charging and no one should have any problem with that.
Absolutely this is totally unfair you should fight it out with your society.
pandabear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 16:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Once, she plugged in her charger into a power outlet at an alignment centre and blew up both the charger and the point. Fortunately, Mahindra replaced the charger for free.
The dealer had specifically mentioned me to only plug in the charger to the single phase connection, maybe she would have used a 3 phase one leading to the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
I am able to admire your passion for the EV in the writing. It is a great write up. Some observations:

1. do a cell diagnostics and balancing whenever you get a chance to ensure that the cells in the car are doing fine. Mahindra service centre can do it. Since the car is from Nov 2018, you need make sure that the cells are okay.
2. What is the warranty that you have on the battery pack and car?
3. I do not understand the single phase, three phase statement. Residential electrical equipment still use a single power and neutral connection even if there is a three phase supply. https://www.wellpcb.com/single-phase.html
Thanks a lot,
1.Will get the full cell diagnosis done once i take it for 1000 km service
2. Battery warranty is valid for 5 years from the date of sale
3. Honestly i dont know much about it and just going by the owners manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxgaze View Post
Hi,

What was the bargain like, price-wise?
Cant find the e-verito available now.
Tata cars like the Nexon are in the 13-16 lac price range and others are in the 20+ lac range which make them expensive.
Forthcoming launches look more attractive for a EV runabout -
M&M's eKUV100 for 8+L. Tata's Tiago at 6+L and Renault's Zoe at 8+L.
I have booked the Strom - they say delivery maybe next year.
Got it at the onroad price close to a Santro AMT Asta.
Under 10L i think the KUV100 is the only option which is ready to launch.
Hope you get the Storm soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
Dear Rishabh,
Just keep the tyre pressure to 38 psi , you will get a good range without changing the tyre profiles or so . The ride will become a bit stiff but taking in to account it's good suspension system can be a good trade off. I keep my Nexon EV's tyre pressure to 40 psi and since then the range has shot up my 15-20 % and as I use it as a city car it is boon to have that much pressure .
Thanks a lot for the advice, 15-20% gain is huge , What is the tyre pressure recommended by TATA for the Nexon EV ?
I was currrently running on 35 PSI as mentioned on the Tyre Placard, will definitely try with 38 PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience with eVerito.

Why there are EESL decals in the car ?
Thanks a lot, As far as i know, these are the cars which were supposed to be delivered to EESL & later the order got cancelled and hence this clearance deal came up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkw View Post
Congrats on your new possession. I guess M&M were the frontrunners in introducing electric cars in India but somehow did not capitalise on it. Can you pls indicate the on-road price at which you got?
Onroad price is close to a Santro AMT Asta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.

Query - Isn't driver side airbag mandatory ? How come M&M sold a car without driver side airbag? What was the manufacturing year of the model? Is this model still under production?
I think it is mandatory for cars manufactured after 2019, since this is a end 2018 car hence it was not an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
A confident & practical move, sir. Now that you’ve known the car for a fair bit, how safe is it compared to Tigor EV? While range is one of the concerns associated with EV purchase, I’m interested on the safety front.
Apart from the lack of Airbags, rest of the car definitely feels much better built compared to the tigor EV in all aspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Absolutely this is totally unfair you should fight it out with your society.
Yeah, I have submitted a document from ministry of power & Haryana Electricity board which clearly mentions that domestic charges to be charged for EV charging. Will keep you posted once things are finalized by my society
123.rishabh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 16:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
A beater car for a 4 Km commute. The dealers must love customers like you sir. Even a 75% discount wouldn't have persuaded me towards a e Verito. I'm a Automobile Crash Analysis Engineer for about a decade, I live, breathe and eat automobiles (not literally ) I follow EV developments from each part of the world, even a Tata Ace like utility EV wont miss my radar. I have quite mixed feelings about this. Range is sub par, battery tech is ancient, no charging infrastructure, under body plates look like its been welded on a road side garage, heck they dint even bothered to install a home charger (even a 1.2L Ather does it, FOR FREE!). EV's are not about the product itself, but its about the Ecosystem as a whole. I don't know if I'm missing something, I'm very sorry, hope it fits your needs
Thanks for your comments, since you are an experienced crash analysis engineer, i think it would be very difficult for you to buy Indian made cars which are nowhere as safe as global cars. Would also like to know what cars do you have in your household at the moment.

Would like you to have a look at underbody images again which clearly shows multiple bolts which are used for properly mounting the metal protection plates & there is no sign of any road side welding on it. Also would like you to have a look at underbody of other cars, as I have seen underbodies of mass market to Premium cars & found nothing odd with this one

Talking about EV Ecosystem & no charging infrastructure, people who want to do highway runs with their EV should worry about the same, range anxiety is 0 issue for people like me who just want to use it for day to day chores
123.rishabh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 17:39   #19
BHPian

Was able to fabricate a lockable wall mount panel box for mounting the charger in place, attaching pics of the same

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-img_0219.jpg

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-img_0218.jpg

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-img_0264.jpg

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-img_0265.jpg

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-img_0266.jpg
Danger symbol just to keep naughty kids away

Also attaching a few pics of the my cars which are poles apart

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-1v-desk-copy.jpg

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-2v-desk.jpg

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-3v-desk.jpg

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-4v-desk-2.jpg
123.rishabh is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 18:29   #20
BHPian

Please exercise caution while wiping near the EESL logo.
The stars tend to come off easily if wiped over them.

Debadge the entire car and then get a "My PORSCHE is resting today" decal on the back.

Is it compulsory to run green plates ? Can we shift back to white plates if we please?'
Congratulations on the car. Hope the society is not charging you commercial rates.
viXit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post

Debadge the entire car and then get a "My PORSCHE is resting today" decal on the back.

Is it compulsory to run green plates ? Can we shift back to white plates if we please?'
Congratulations on the car. Hope the society is not charging you commercial rates.
LOL , Yes , a EV has to be green plated according to RTOs .
quattroa4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123.rishabh View Post
Your cars are so diverse, the most affordable electric sedan and an exotic sports car like a Porsche Cayman.

You certainly have a good taste in cars. But was there any specific reason other than price to choose the E-Verito, instead of newer products with longer range and faster acceleration speeds like a Nexon EV or Tigor EV? My brother wants an EV and is sure about the Nexon but he can't afford it so is the E-Verito a good choice for him? (His Mahindra dealer has a car left)
KingKong is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 12:36   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on the car, Rishabh!

This is probably the first time I've ever read about an e-Verito although I've seen quite a few of them ply on the roads here in Hyderabad. Glad that it's serving your purpose.

Happy mile munching

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
You and your fetish with the EESL logos
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 10:42   #24
BHPian

The Car has completed 1000 Kms & I am easily getting a range of 150 Kms in city driving.
Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-img_0775.jpg

I normally charge the car once it completes around 120 kms & has 20% battery remaining in it.
Also visited the service center after 1000 kms & they have asked to get it for the First Service after a total of 2000 kms on the Odo.
123.rishabh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 13:42   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123.rishabh View Post
The Car has completed 1000 Kms & I am easily getting a range of 150 Kms in city driving.
Attachment 2223356

I normally charge the car once it completes around 120 kms & has 20% battery remaining in it.
Also visited the service center after 1000 kms & they have asked to get it for the First Service after a total of 2000 kms on the Odo.
Congrats Rishabh,
Recently I ended up purchasing an used eVerito as well and loving it. Thanks for sharing your experiences here. I did a 160km short highway drive to my parent's place with family(5) and small luggage. I got the used eVerito at a slightly higher discount(obviously) than u did, but the premium u paid is worth for an unused vehicle.

While this is not a great highway vehicle because of the low range available, if the trip has destination charging and distance is fixed then it is superb. My usage is already fixed and it is two highway destinations with 80km away both having charge points at their respective places(parent's and in-laws )

I agree with your observations on ride comfort and handling, it is superb.
Things Mahindra could have done definitely better here is, reduce unwanted weight, remove hydraulic power steering put EPS instead, of course upgrade the batteries and range as well.

Also, in City I think if we are going to be in hour long traffic Jams better avoid driving and pull over (if time is not a concern). Range anxiety in a stuck traffic situation is worse. it is better to follow 20-30% to plug in and always start with a good SoC if we anticipate traffic or the distance to be covered is huge.

Coincidently I have a diverse ride like yours but not in the same league.
(Happen to have a Skoda vRS 230) and handling is surprisingly good and stable in eVerito.

btw: if not for City usage better be prepared for charger throwing fault surprises and might even be worth getting the kit or building one as shown in the link.

Wishing the best!
What a contrast in your stable, enjoy.
WRXXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 20:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
A beater car for a 4 Km commute. The dealers must love customers like you sir. Even a 75% discount wouldn't have persuaded me towards a e Verito. I'm a Automobile Crash Analysis Engineer for about a decade, I live, breathe and eat automobiles (not literally ) I follow EV developments from each part of the world, even a Tata Ace like utility EV wont miss my radar. I have quite mixed feelings about this. Range is sub par, battery tech is ancient, no charging infrastructure, under body plates look like its been welded on a road side garage, heck they dint even bothered to install a home charger (even a 1.2L Ather does it, FOR FREE!). EV's are not about the product itself, but its about the Ecosystem as a whole. I don't know if I'm missing something, I'm very sorry, hope it fits your needs
@RYP, really respect your experience and passion.
But if someone gave you an EV for 4-5L which can do 120kms and costs you 1-1.5 rupee to run, how does Tigor, Nexon and state of the art Tesla matter if the usage requirements are satisfied? I agree eVerito is not state of the art but compared to efficiency of Gasoline it is light years ahead already. Used/Discounted EVs if available at 3-4L(in this case say 7L) and if Battery conditions can be validated are still a great deal to run around in cities. Not only the running cost is ultra cheap, you are helping others to breathe fresh air.
Tigor EV costs 12L and does 200 km real world, what if my usage is low and I don't need that range? Most of the time EVs which are unused loose their power due to vampire drain.

Now how about coupling this cheaper EVs with Solar array in the money that ppl saved? Now your running cost is near "0" for all practical purposes. Latest and greatest are good but the current cost has to fall below 10L and we need to get something like the the for Cities and day tripping.

And here our Maruti is on the back step completely, ideally you need those weight saved boxes like Wagon R for this purpose only

And the other part where your expensive automobiles aren't doing the daily grind is music to the ears of an auto enthusiast. Just imagine taking the German beauties onto crowded places and come back with scars or with tension to imagine the repair costs more than eVerito :-D, this was my reason to get a cheap city runner. Just couldn't imagine my repair bills exceed the cost of an ordinary car. And more importantly no Indian manufacturer is really serious to bring a mass market bespoke ev and we will mostly be invaded by Chinese again like in mobiles. When that time comes even Nexon will look very very expensive.

Last edited by WRXXX : 28th December 2021 at 20:58.
WRXXX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 02:47   #27

Hi Rishi,

I am also buying a everito D2 for my dad aged 71.

He wanted a no frills car and this was a perfect fit.

I came across your thread and saw that you fitted a touchscreen and reverse camera.

The reverse camera will be much needed as he drives a smaller hyundai i10.

Could you kindly share the electrician name and shop who fitted this stereo and camera unit.

Much appreciated !
Old 16th August 2022, 01:53   #28

Hi 123.Rishabh,

I am also buying a everito D2 for my dad aged 71.

He wanted a no frills car and this was a perfect fit.

I came across your thread and saw that you fitted a touchscreen and reverse camera.

The reverse camera will be much needed as he drives a smaller hyundai i10.

Could you kindly share the electrician name and shop who fitted this stereo and camera unit.

Much appreciated !
Old 13th September 2022, 08:54   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannyrocks View Post
Hi 123.Rishabh,
Much appreciated !
I got mine fitted from Bobs Auto Mall in Gurgaon, since they were the authorized dealers for Blaupunkt.
You can get it done from here or anywhere since it is a very basic job !
Old 13th September 2022, 09:03   #30
BHPian

The car completed 1 year on 9th September.
It has been a fuss free ownership so far.
The cooling coil had a minor leak, which was replaced & the gas was topped up in the month of June 2022.
First Free Service was done at 2000 kms around December 2021 & the next service is due at 20,000 Kms / December 2023.
Apart from it, the car has completed 7200 kms & is giving me an average range of 120-140 kms depending on the driving conditions with A/C.
The wireless Carplay experience is also a boon.

Bargain EV | My 2021 Mahindra E-Verito Ownership Review-ver.jpg
123.rishabh is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks