Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 13:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

World's highest EV charging station opens in Kaza

An electric vehicle charging station has opened in Kaza, Himachal Pradesh. Located at 12,500 feet above sea level, it is claimed to be the highest in the world.

Name:  ev1chargingani_1632456053482_1632456071816.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  29.6 KB

The EV charging station was inaugurated by Mahendra Pratap Singh, Kaza Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), on September 23, 2021. Depending on the response, the government plans to set up more charging stations in the area.

Two women rode from Manali to Kaza to promote clean and sustainable energy. They covered the 183 km between the two towns on two TVS iQube electric scooters.

Source: LiveMint

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 26th September 2021 at 13:51.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 19:40   #2
BANNED

Re: World's highest EV charging station opens in Kaza

Any 16A plug can be a (free) charging station, let's go and install one at that canteen at Khardung La as well.
DarthVeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
An electric vehicle charging station has opened in Kaza, Himachal Pradesh. Located at 12,500 feet above sea level, it is claimed to be the highest in the world
First thing to come to my mind was "AND??"
Then, how do I get there on a two-wheeler EV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Two women rode from Manali to Kaza to promote clean and sustainable energy. They covered the 183 km between the two towns on two TVS iQube electric scooters
The number 183 Km doesn't add up single iQube or single charge or single day, unless TVS has been secretly working on batteries or the obvious - backup vehicle.
Old 27th September 2021, 07:32   #4
BHPian

Essentially it is an ad campaign that attempts to clear mental blocks against adopting EV two wheelers. The theme they picked is old but an effective one. The finger print is, women drive a scooter over tough terrain, high altitude passes and claim a few records.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 27th September 2021 at 07:41.
Old 27th September 2021, 09:14   #5
BHPian

Don't get the point of this news. This charging point is just a 16a plug point. Is this the first 16a plug point created in this city? This charging point adds no value for me as a EV owner as I would not charge my ev for 6-8hours at some random point with nothing to do. I would rather approach a hotel that I would stay at to provide a charging point, which almost every hotel I have approached has been more than happy to provide. This is just click bait trying to get TVS in news. The official range of TVS iQube listed on their website is 75km in eco mode. I would have personally loved to read how they managed the 183 with km with the iQube.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 11:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
Any 16A plug can be a (free) charging station, let's go and install one at that canteen at Khardung La as well.
This is a contender for India book of records. This is no different than installing a power outlet in a place that already has power lines. Silly.
Install high speed solar chargers in the middle of Gobi desert and we will talk.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks