Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 17:13   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe

MG India to launch the ZS EV facelift on 7th March.

Quote:
Cleaner bumpers, new alloy wheels, and the Astor’s lighting setup comprise the styling upgrades.

Cabin will get the Astor’s digital driver’s display, a larger 10.1-inch touchscreen, rear AC vents and more.

Will likely get the UK-spec model’s new 51kWh battery pack, offering more range.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:11   #122
Senior - BHPian

MG India has teased the new ZS EV ahead of the launch on 7th March.

Quote:
The All New ZS EV - India's First Pure Electric Internet SUV.
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-smartselect_20220302131723_youtube.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-smartselect_20220302130948_twitter.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-smartselect_20220302131004_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd March 2022 at 13:18.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:38   #123
Senior - BHPian

2022 MG ZS EV to get a Larger 51kWh Battery Pack, claims better range.

Quote:
Unofficial pre-launch bookings are underway for a token amount of Rs 50,000.
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-smartselect_20220302153550_chrome.jpg

Quote:
2022 ZS EV will now use a larger 50.3kWh battery pack instead of the pre-facelift model’s 44kWh unit. This, paired with the 143PS electric motor, should result in an improved driving range, which currently stands at 419km (claimed).
Quote:
The 2022 MG ZS EV will be offered in one single fully loaded Exclusive trim. The Excite trim will not be offered at launch, but could be re-introduced sometime down the line.
Quote:
The ZS EV will only get select functionalities like blind spot warning and rear parking assist. 2022 ZS EV will not get the full suite of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd March 2022 at 15:46.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 11:55   #124
BHPian

Received this yesterday.

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-437704a69e7041f8807372b4ade8cdd0.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 4th March 2022 at 06:23. Reason: Watermark added
fordfreak is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 13:09   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

It is disappointing that MG has chosen to discontinue to base Xcite trim. It offered a lot of value for money against the segment leading Nexon EV, with a much bigger battery and a much more premium cabin for 3-4L more (NCR prices). Now, the difference is going to be too much for any kind of cross shopping with on road pricing expected to inch closer to the 30L mark.

And going by the Astor and the existing/previous ZS, the car does not have the drive quality or the engineering pedigree to compete with cars in the 25-35L price range. Think Compass, Tucson and Octavia. It will have to rely solely on the EV powertrain and the novelty factor.

Not everyone needs a panoramic sunroof of what is essentially going to be an urban based city car.
Anyone buying a 25L+ rupee EV will have other cars in his garage. This is not going to be anyone’s only car. The ZS EV customer is also affluent enough to fly out whenever he wants. He has options of convenience at his disposal to choose from.

A long range and a relatively accessible entry point are universally appreciated.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 3rd March 2022 at 13:16.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 14:11   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Now, the difference is going to be too much for any kind of cross shopping with on road pricing expected to inch closer to the 30L mark.
Spoke my mind out! I started off my potential car shortlisting journey with the Nexon EV, but duly considering a few issues with the car and after a test drive with the zs ev, it felt like the perfect car solving all the concerns I had with Nexon and at a premium of 4L for excite ZS EV over Nexon Lux+.

Now, duly considering excite, in all certainty, be out of their offering, and exclusive might witness around 2L price hike. I really feel it makes no sense investing close to 10L more on ZS EV over Nexon EV.

The EV market is rapidly evolving year on year and the current gen offerings are still not there yet. I would rather invest 18L on Nexon EV, use it for 5 to 6 years and then get a more advanced EV than to spend close to 28L (if that is the price MG is aiming for) on ZS EV.

Will be a sad move from MG to remove Excite version from their offering.
raghupro is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 14:17   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
It is disappointing that MG has chosen to discontinue to base Xcite trim.
+1. The price difference between Excite and Exclusive is 3.5L as of now. That's a lot of money.
MG is making a big mistake by offering the ZS in the only one trim.

I would wait for the launch on March 7th before I take a call on my booking.
speedmiester is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 14:45   #128
BHPian

Nexon EV offers 90% of what ZS EV at around 65% of cost. I can't think of a good rationale MG is following with this variant strategy.

I am in the market for an EV and MG has disappointed me with this approach.
Thilak29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 16:43   #129
Senior - BHPian

The MG ZS EV has been in my radar ever since MG announced Astor and limiting it's numbers to 5000 for CY 2021.

When I learnt that I'll not be getting Astor Style variant anytime soon, I made up my mind to look at EV.

Now, all that's left is wait for prices and decide on one.

Due to lack of options, I am forced to either make a choice or leave the EV Segment altogether and look at ICE Cars again.

Just today, Honda plans to bring in City Hybrid did give me a hint that it can also be looked at provided it is well priced.

I hope MG doesn't go overboard citing Bigger Battery and Updates and launch it at a 3-4 lakhs premium over current Exclusive Variant (25.18 lakhs).
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 23:49   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post

The EV market is rapidly evolving year on year and the current gen offerings are still not there yet. I would rather invest 18L on Nexon EV, use it for 5 to 6 years and then get a more advanced EV than to spend close to 28L (if that is the price MG is aiming for) on ZS EV.
Nexon is also getting a extended range version, which would definitely see a price jump.
Also 5 to 6 years from now is a long time, cars get expensive each year due to inflation. Battery raw materials at least as per current mining and efficiency standards are getting more expensive.

We also do not know how long the state governments will keep the EVs out of road tax and on lower slab of GST.

So you could very well pay 28L in 2028 for a Nexon.
DIY410 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 10:30   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Received this yesterday.

Attachment 2280168
I see that cruise control is explicitly mentioned here instead of ACC. I guess we won't be seeing any ADAS features then, such a shame.
Old 4th March 2022, 12:16   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Received this yesterday.

Attachment 2280168
None of the ADAS features are listed here.
Is MG really giving it a miss this time?
To avoid breaching the 30 L price barrier, maybe?
Old 4th March 2022, 12:51   #133
BHPian

I'm disappointed that MG has decided to drop ADAS features.

Even if MG is facing supply side constraints, it would probably make sense to slow down ADAS shipments on the Astor, and instead make allocations to the ZS EV.

Vehicles like the ZS EV are positioned as representing the "cutting edge" in tech. ADAS is an important element to complete this "high tech" persona for the car; a (somewhat) poor man's Tesla experience. Novelty is a big driver for EVs and ADAS would have really helped in this area.

I honestly don't think pricing is a big factor. As of today, there isn't much a choice in the EV space. Buyers who want something better than a Nexon will be willing to pay for a premium. Feature differentiation vis-a-vis the Nexon would have been the most important game-plan in my view.

Hopefully this is only a temporary issue, and we will see a complete offering from MG soon. I saw rumors that MG would introduce a "full fat" 72KWH model with ADAS in a few months.

Time is of the essence here - if MG delays for too long, they will have to contend with many more players with probably more competent, up-to-date cars.
qaqa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 13:09   #134

MG seems to be caught between a rock and a hard place given the imminent arrival of the BYD Atto 3 aka Yuan Plus, with its 201 hp motor with a 52.5 kWh or a 63.8 kWh battery pack options and most importantly a lower price tag than MG in Australia already, one one hand and trying to mooch the upper end of Nexon EV customers on the other hand.
mihirgadre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 14:44   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirgadre View Post
MG seems to be caught between a rock and a hard place given the imminent arrival of the BYD Atto 3 aka Yuan Plus, with its 201 hp motor with a 52.5 kWh or a 63.8 kWh battery pack options and most importantly a lower price tag than MG in Australia already, one one hand and trying to mooch the upper end of Nexon EV customers on the other hand.
Interesting! Is there any news of BYD entering the passenger car space in India? I did hear about BYD bringing in their buses and CVs, but not cars.

BYD has the potential to dominate the EV space in India, and easily displace TaMo's headstart. For the sake of the desi manufacturers, I do hope that BYD's entry is delayed till such time the M&M and TaMo are able to build a good EV product portfolio!
qaqa is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks