Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2022, 08:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Mini Cooper Electric teased ahead of its India launch

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2022 at 08:10.
TechSavvy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th February 2022, 10:55   #17
BHPian

Top speed of 150kmph seems low for a premium car, as 0-100 is just 7.3 seconds. Should at least be 180.
Old 19th March 2022, 21:42   #18

Hello Team BHPians,

Thank you for starting a dedicated channel for EV on the forum and for keeping it active by sharing your valuable thoughts on every EV that has hit our shore.

Only after reading many insightful posts and comments on the forum for last 2 years, I got confidence that my next upgrade can be an EV.

Happy to share that I am one of the lucky ones who got a confirmed Mini Cooper SE (Electric) allotment in the initial lot of 30 CBU Cars that the brand is bringing to India.

Delivery is slated to happen next weekend once the charging point installation and other formalities are completed in the next few days.

Wanted to break the news here so that I can be guided by noble souls on the forum who may have a piece of advice that can be helpful for me from now till the time of delivery.

I promise to share updates, videos of the ultimate go-kart machine, now launched in this electric avatar in India.

Regards

Amit Jain
TechnoPurple is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 14:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Mini Cooper SE review - Autocar India

Quote:
We Like
- Fun to drive
- Oozing with character
- Zippy performance

We Don't Like
- Limited usability
- Expensive
Mini Cooper Electric teased ahead of its India launch-minicoopersecharging.jpg

Mini Cooper Electric teased ahead of its India launch-minicoopersedashboard.jpg

Quote:
On a full charge, this 28.9kWh battery will lend a drive range of around 160-180km.

A 25kW DC fast charger tops up its battery from 0-80 percent in about an hour.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th April 2022 at 14:02.
Old 5th May 2022, 19:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Mini Cooper SE review

Old 6th July 2022, 12:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bookings for the all-electric Mini Cooper SE have been re-opened, with 40 units available.

Mini Cooper Electric teased ahead of its India launch-20220706_123359.jpg

It's now priced at Rs 50.90 lakh (around Rs 3.7 lakh more than before), but it does get added features like adaptive LED headlights, parking assistant and more.

Link
Old 6th July 2022, 14:12   #22
BHPian

This would be the perfect car for dense cities, small, nippy and electric. But at that price, the larger Kia EV6 is available for 8-9 lakhs more. Which keeps the Mini at what it's always been, a purchase just for the brand.
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 18:36   #23
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Is this car available off the shelf now? Or, do you need for bookings to open?
Old 16th October 2023, 08:26   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Is this car available off the shelf now? Or, do you need for bookings to open?
I do believe it is.
However, basis my visit on Saturday to Kun Lavelle Road it appears that demand for this is high from the well-off, Posh, city folks around the CBD- (Townies). Indeed I have on different occasions recently, seen three different Mini E’s parked near Cubbon Park area - the owners are probably morning walkers and very probably belong to the above-mentioned socio-economic segment.
I met an owner of a Mini E in Brussels, Belgium 3 weeks ago, in the parking lot of the hotel in which I was staying (Brussels CBD area) and struck up a conversation with him, in order to find out his impressions. That car is about 1 year old. He said that the range of the Mini E in real world traffic is about 150km and maybe 180km. He is happy, he says, because he commutes 80-90km from his town to Brussels 3 times a week, parks the car, charges it if needed, and drives back at the end of the day. Else he manages the round trip on one charge and charges it at home. (However he also said he is up for a lease car change in Jan and is going for a bigger Beemer.)
But in my thinking, a Mini E, however attractive, is not ideal for an intercity trip like Bangalore to Chennai. Saying that, the showroom person’s counter to me was that with a fast charger one gets 80% charge up in 30 mins. My thinking then moves to the following; if one stops at a nice breakfast place with an available fast charger slot, then it is fine. Else it can be a pain.
All said and done, honestly, the Mini E is both wider and longer than my 11 year old Cooper S. The proportions are larger and it looks bigger. I like the Mini First and Second Gen more because of their compact short neat proportions. But those are ICE cars and cannot be in contention if one wants an E!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 16:00   #25
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I do believe it is.
However, basis my visit on Saturday to Kun Lavelle Road it appears that demand for this is high from the well-off, Posh, city folks around the CBD- (Townies). Indeed I have on different occasions recently, seen three different Mini E’s parked near Cubbon Park area - the owners are probably morning walkers and very probably belong to the above-mentioned socio-economic segment.
Thanks. My friend was hoping to bargain a discount as he thought that demand was not high. Do you think they would be amenable to discounts?
Old 16th October 2023, 17:56   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Thanks. My friend was hoping to bargain a discount as he thought that demand was not high. Do you think they would be amenable to discounts?
No harm trying. Worst you can get is a No.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks