Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 08:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Should my son buy the Tesla Model Y?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
If you have any questions regarding the vehicle. Feel free to PM me.
Thank you. Shall take you up on that
Old 24th January 2022, 08:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Thank you. Shall take you up on that
Hey, I have a Model Y which I purchased mid-last year. It's a 7 seater Long Range and on finance- glad to have a chat to dispel your queries.

P.S: We love the spaceship !
jacobvarughese is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 09:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Hey, I have a Model Y which I purchased mid-last year. It's a 7 seater Long Range and on finance- glad to have a chat to dispel your queries.

P.S: We love the spaceship !
Thank you for your courtesy. Have passed on your kind offer to my son.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 04:32   #19
BHPian

At last, after a wait of 7 months, my son got the delivery of the Y- $ 61, 440/-
Tesla was offering finance at 3.24% but after shopping around we got at 2.7% for 5 years.Should my son buy the Tesla Model Y?-d0043cb3e2fe4dfd8eb4a71c3145abbf.jpeg

Should my son buy the Tesla Model Y?-4ef5c96f237a48b7868515479899cde8.jpeg

Should my son buy the Tesla Model Y?-6a9f60393c06406e8aa81008802ff4fa.jpeg

Advise required:
He had a Jeep Wrangler which got involved in an accident ( a lady tailgated him) and now we are shopping for a second vehicle. He is a rescue diver and his partner is a scuba instructor and so they need to lug equipment.
Requirements for the second car are
1. Safety
2. Boot space
3. Reliability
4. Ease of driving

We saw the Volvo XC 60 and Toyota Highlander Limited and tomorrow we may check out the Suburu outback.
So what is the advise ? Any other to be reckoned with?

Thanks in advance

Edit: cars are not available. The Toyota dealer had 3 highlanders which he said he could offer immediate delivery- but all of them black. New bookings are not being taken at present
The Volvo dealer had stock but We had not checked the inventory. He also mentioned that there were delays for new bookings- maybe a sales ploy.

Last edited by earthian : 8th June 2022 at 04:41. Reason: Courtesy and additional info
earthian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 05:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
We saw the Volvo XC 60 and Toyota Highlander Limited and tomorrow we may check out the Suburu outback.
Congrats on the model Y!
I really like the Outback, Wilderness edition. Lots of trail worthy features, good room for luggage, and a tent ready roof. Yes, getting any car is a challenge, then the variant, and color preference make it even harder. This is the worst time to lose a car in an accident.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 11:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Advise required:
He had a Jeep Wrangler which got involved in an accident ( a lady tailgated him) and now we are shopping for a second vehicle. He is a rescue diver and his partner is a scuba instructor and so they need to lug equipment.
Requirements for the second car are
1. Safety
2. Boot space
3. Reliability
4. Ease of driving

If he's enjoying the EV life, why not put money down on the F150 lightning or a Silverado Electric? Should give them enough space to haul their gear and it'll be electric.

I'd think an XC60 would be too small for his purposes.

Plus I don't think it's a sales ploy. The waitlists in the US are insane right now! You're lucky the dealer isn't asking for a markup.

Last edited by venom_op : 8th June 2022 at 11:06.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 19:40   #22
BHPian

Thank you both. Shall pass the message.
It was actually my suggestion that the second car be gas- my idea was not put all the eggs in one basket- probably old school. He was leaning towards a hybrid but wait times are insane right now and they require a car urgently.

The second thing which I found curious was the Toyota dealership refusing to sell cars on cash down basis . You HAVE to take a loan offered by Toyota finance: 1.9% p.a for 48 months. If you want you can roll over the loan after 90 days at no extra cost. But who would offer 1.9% or thereabouts?

Last edited by earthian : 8th June 2022 at 19:42. Reason: House keeping
Old 8th June 2022, 19:56   #23
BHPian

I have owned for the Subaru Outback and Forester. They both are great cars. The outback felt a tad more premium than the Forester. I loved the open feel of the Forester and was perfect for taller cargo but just by square foot area, the Outback is a better choice. The AWD system is amazing especially for New Jersey.

Apart from this, the Subaru use 87 octane which is cheaper than the 91 used by Volvo.
Old 8th June 2022, 20:08   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
At last, after a wait of 7 months, my son got the delivery of the Y- $ 61, 440/-
Congratulations

Quote:
This is what I will buy no clue on the deliveries though.

https://www.ford.ca/bronco/
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 21:45   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase ! We definitely need an ownership review soon
AB10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 22:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Earthian on the Model Y.

Even I am in the market for an EV but, I am taking it slow as everyone is taking advantage of current situation and I will buy one that I like and at a price that is reasonable (Read : MSRP )

Look forward to a detailed review of the Model Y. Is it a long rage or performance edition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
Congrats on the model Y!
I really like the Outback, Wilderness edition. Lots of trail worthy features, good room for luggage, and a tent ready roof. Yes, getting any car is a challenge, then the variant, and color preference make it even harder. This is the worst time to lose a car in an accident.
That is an awesome suggestion. I have seen a few Wilderness edition and they look gorgeous. Especially the army green color one.

I would also recommend the Toyota 4 Runner.

Volve XC60 or similar SUV's might be little dainty for this type of lugging equipment duties.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 22:11   #27
BHPian

Update

Test drove the 2022 GLE AND GLC. As expected, he liked the Mercedes ( no surprise- he is my son) but found the GLE peppier than the GLC - which was a surprise for me - and both were in comfort mode.12 k difference between the two but wait times for GLE is 6 months whereas GLC is ex stock

Last edited by earthian : 10th June 2022 at 22:12. Reason: House keeping

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks