Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2021, 22:05   #31
BHPian

Re: Retro models getting Electric Avatars | Which older car would you like to see as an EV?

My choice would be:-

Nano - Tata is big time into EV and people have acceptance for Tata EVs, the small and humble Nano can be a good urban commuter in an EV avatar.

Original Maruti Zen - Imagine this car with a good EV setup.

Ambassador - the iconic silhouette, minus the rawness of that engine, with addition of some good suspension, slick steering and a powerful EV setup, you get a smooth retro cruiser.

Alto K10 - They gave us this car at 4.5 lakh on road, take 3 lakh more and give me an EV, imagine this pocket rocket as an EV with all that torque, and yet light on your pocket.
ArTigor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 22:33   #32
BHPian

Re: Retro models getting Electric Avatars | Which older car would you like to see as an EV?

This conversation prompted some thoughts. Here goes:
1) Movie: Demolition Man: Sandra Bullock asking Stallone: Do you see any cows here?
2) TV serial Revolution (discontinued) tag line: "We lived in an electric world. We relied on it for everything. And then the power went out."
Let classics be classics, don't fix it if ain't broke. That is why you see so many fans at Vintage Car 'Rallies'.
Most 'classics' weighed quite a bit. So unless anti-gravity is developed to offset the weight factor, 'classics' will need massive electric engines to run. Let Classics remain Classics.
Would not mind the DMC DeLorean in an electric avatar: That needs 1.21GW. No plutonium or lightning strikes.
Old 20th November 2021, 23:55   #33
BHPian

Tata Nano any day, loved the car as a package, ideal for city runabout.
Old 21st November 2021, 11:59   #34
BHPian

My top 3 would be:

1. Maruti 800
2. Standard Herald
3. 2nd Facelift of Gen 1 Innova

The Maruti is a classic pick and many others have already mentioned it, plus bringing back the 800 name is basically free sales for Maruti Suzuki.

Most people I know are fans of the Padmini or Ambassador, while I like those cars I've always gravitated towards the Standard Herald. A Standard Herald with restored bodywork, modern suspension and an Electric Crate motor would be the coolest thing ever.

The last one is a bit specific, we have the second facelift of the Gen 1 Innova aka the one that was on sale for 4 years before the Crysta hit the market in 2015. We've clocked 170,000km on our 2.5 V, we absolutely love that car and would like to keep it. So if there are any electric crate motor conversion kits in the near future that can give us 140-150hp and a range of 500-600km we will happily fork over upto 10 lakh to have it converted to electric.
Attached Images

Old 21st November 2021, 22:18   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
As others mentioned, Tata Nano Electric with 100km range will be dream come true for me. Something like the Hongguang Mini which is selling like hot cakes in China

LINK

Perfect for city roundabout.
I also share same thoughts. The Hongguang Mini is great example to follow and it may suit Indian conditions perfectly. Other than perception, Nano had no problems, especially the body and chassis work was excellent and spacious.
Its only the locally manufactured low cost battery that must be holding Tata Motors back.
Old 22nd November 2021, 14:20   #36
BHPian

Ambassador & Maruti Esteem (Type 1).

In future - If Tata Safari Dicor/Vtt can be converted as well.
Old 10th February 2022, 11:54   #37
BHPian

It seems Tata Nano EV might be round the corner.

If it does come into the market I am sure there will be a good market.

Link the the news
Old 11th February 2022, 08:22   #38
BHPian

For me, it's the Maruti 800, Maruti Gypsy and the loved/hated Suzuki Ritz.

Many people have told me that they loved the sitting position of the Ritz, but they didn't like the rear shape of the Ritz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks