Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 21:01   #61

Re: FAQs

Hi prasanna_indaje,

Congratulations on the new ride. I too, had recently brought home a Nexon EV XZ+ LUX Dark, and I've faced a few problems. If you do face these issues, here are a few quick fixes:

1) The car might not charge when plugged in. It'll just show connected on the dash, and it won't charge.

All you need to do for this is to either reset the charger pin lock (above the rear left wheel) or just to make sure the plastic panel near the charger is fully in. Also, if you ever have issues with something similar, try plugging the charger in and holding it for 5-10 seconds and then check if it's charging.

Hopefully, you never run into these issues. I've had these now (first week of owning the car) and it's been quite an annoying thing, dealing with improper charging (since we don't have a home charger installed due to apartment management issues), we've also had a lot of range anxiety.

If possible, could you just explain the accessories that you get for the #Dark edition cars? We haven't been informed about the same, and we'll request for them at the earliest. Just wanted some clarification as to what is the said accessories.
Pyronite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 21:43   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyronite View Post
Hi prasanna_indaje,

Congratulations on the new ride. I too, had recently brought home a Nexon EV XZ+ LUX Dark, and I've faced a few problems. If you do face these issues, here are a few quick fixes:

1) The car might not charge when plugged in. It'll just show connected on the dash, and it won't charge.

All you need to do for this is to either reset the charger pin lock (above the rear left wheel) or just to make sure the plastic panel near the charger is fully in. Also, if you ever have issues with something similar, try plugging the charger in and holding it for 5-10 seconds and then check if it's charging.

Hopefully, you never run into these issues. I've had these now (first week of owning the car) and it's been quite an annoying thing, dealing with improper charging (since we don't have a home charger installed due to apartment management issues), we've also had a lot of range anxiety.

If possible, could you just explain the accessories that you get for the #Dark edition cars? We haven't been informed about the same, and we'll request for them at the earliest. Just wanted some clarification as to what is the said accessories.
Congratulations.
Currently more than 3K on the Odo and 'touchwood' no charging issues so far. I have been using only home charger till date.

#Dark edition cars are entitled for some merchandises (T-shirts and a Jacket). I have been able to place the order, but yet to receive my quota.
Other than this promise, I have received only basic mats and mud flaps as freebies.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 14:51   #63

[*]#Dark variants are eligible for few free merchandise. Ensure to claim those.

Which are those?
Old 27th March 2022, 09:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRider View Post
[*]#Dark variants are eligible for few free merchandise. Ensure to claim those.

Which are those?
4 T-shirts and a jacket for Nexon. Differs for other vehicles.
Old 25th April 2022, 23:13   #65
BHPian

Re: (Not) a problem of plenty | My Tata Nexon EV Review

Did my first 820 km round trip in Nexon EV. From Puttur (KA) to Bangalore and back. Used Zeon fast chargers near Hassan and Yediyur to top up. Round trip took 4 hours more than ICE car timings.

Out of 4 fast charging sessions, 2 were flawless, 1 went inactive as soon as I reached and 1 had power cut just after adding enough charge.

Overall experience is satisfactory for the first trip !

(Not) a problem of plenty | My Tata Nexon EV Review-img_4840-2.jpg

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 25th April 2022 at 23:15.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 18:50   #66
BHPian

How does one charge the car in rain? I may have to get an external point since I don't have a covered parking. Can someone help me with this?
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 19:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
How does one charge the car in rain? I may have to get an external point since I don't have a covered parking. Can someone help me with this?
Serious bit: It's all water proof. The charging terminal, cable, vehicle charge port, EV are all perfectly fine in the rain. You are safe. If you're installing an outdoor socket at home a IP55 Outdoor Weatherproof Plug Outlet Socket would be advisable.

Dry wit: We on the other hand aren't waterproof. I would suggest one of these!

(Not) a problem of plenty | My Tata Nexon EV Review-nexon-umbrella.png

Last edited by shortbread : 19th May 2022 at 19:27.
shortbread is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:15   #68
BHPian

Car has 8000 kilometers on the odometer and back from second service. There were few panel fitting issues and rattling noises to be fixed along with routine service.
While TASS fixed most of the issues in first visit, a second visit was required to iron out all the issues.

Cost of second service was 2000 rs as the gearbox fluid was changed.

Car is performing flawlessly and feels even better after rattling noises are resolved now.

I am able to get 180 kms in single charge (with 15-20% SoC left).

@palio_2005, Better install a weatherproof outer container if ZipTron box need to be installed outside, exposed to elements. The ZipTron box is supposed to be weather resistant, but, I do have my own doubts on its ability to function properly in rain / very humid environments.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 2nd June 2022 at 11:20.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:57   #69
BHPian

Hi which gearbox oil is this which costs 2k?
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:35   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hi which gearbox oil is this which costs 2k?
2K was the total cost of service (not for GB oil alone !)
75W - 90 - TRANSMAX.
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:34   #71
BHPian

Thanks for the lovely (& elaborate) experience sharing! And congratulations on your new family member!

My apologies - if this has been answered already. I am curious about the On road price structure for Nexon EV e.g.
  1. Ex-Showroom
  2. TCS
  3. Road Tax (is this literally ZERO for life or are there some clauses in between?)
  4. Registration
  5. Insurance
  6. FASTag

Any guidance/feedback is much appreciated.
sarbagna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:26   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbagna View Post
Any guidance/feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks. Missed the question somehow. Answers below :
  1. Ex-Showroom - As per the Tata Motors price list. Price went up by 30k or so after I got the car.
  2. TCS - 1% of ex showroom value
  3. Road Tax (is this literally ZERO for life or are there some clauses in between?) - No
  4. Registration - Very minimal , less than 500 Rs
  5. Insurance - ~ 54k
  6. FASTag - ~500 Rs

Car completed a year and 15000 kilometers. Yearly service ( 3rd free) costed ~1100 rupees.

Ownership so far was fantastic, but not trouble-free. Faced two major issues:

1. On a rainy morning, I tried to unplug the charger after overnight charging, the charger gun refused to come out. Found manual unlock lever after few video calls to service team and unplugged it. It took a couple of visits to analyze the issue and get the charging actuator replaced under warranty.

Reason to failure : Dust, mud and dirt from rear left wheel caused the jam.

2. I was very confident of extracting 20 -25 kms from last 10% SoC. However, once the car lost 10% SoC in 1.5 kms, and the other time 23% to 0% SoC happened within 6 kms. I was lucky to reach home with 0% SoC on both instances. Enquired with Tata Motors Regional Lead about the loss of charge and I was suggested to get HV battery checked at local TASS. An engineer from Tata visited the ASS to run diagnostics and was able to replicate the problem. HV battery pack was found to have few 'bad' cells and entire pack needed replacement. Replacement pack was going to be a refurbished unit and not new. I was told that the refurbishment happens at the factory and the pack will retain all functionalities and IP rating intact.

Gave go ahead and the battery pack was replaced under warranty. Car had to be left the service center for 3 days.

On the positive side, car got selectable regeneration and cruise control via Prime update. These features are seamless and very useful.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 29th November 2022 at 23:28.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 04:21   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Gave go ahead and the battery pack was replaced under warranty. Car had to be left the service center for 3 days.
I must say this is a bit unnerving; the battery pack is the crux of EVs and "few bad cells" being detected within 1 year of purchase does shake confidence a bit.

Each cell is supposed to be tested before being assembled into the battery pack and BMS is supposed to monitor each in the pack at all times, not randomly deplete charge within a few kms.
Sumedik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 14:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
I must say this is a bit unnerving; the battery pack is the crux of EVs and "few bad cells" being detected within 1 year of purchase does shake confidence a bit.

Each cell is supposed to be tested before being assembled into the battery pack and BMS is supposed to monitor each in the pack at all times, not randomly deplete charge within a few kms.
It is unnerving that HV battery packed up within a year.
But, I am happy that Tata Motors stepped in at right time and resolved the issue without any delay. And the process of replacement was very straight forward.

BMS will not alert driver on health status of battery (or cells) directly. However it logs status of every cell, and these logs can be analyzed using dedicated tools. Tata motors representative did exactly this. He plugged in his laptop and drove the car from 75 % SoC to almost 0% SoC and prepared a detailed report, based on which replacement was suggested.
Old 12th May 2023, 10:19   #75
BHPian

Car completed 18 months and 20000 kilometres. 4th service (or inspection at 18 months) costed 1200.

Also, Michelins wore out faster than anticipated at 17500 kilometres and changed the tyres to JK !

After first 2500 kilometres, I feel JKs are decent for the money paid, 6000 rupees per tyre.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks