Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2022, 10:00   #106
BHPian

Re: OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads

My ola did have the same reverse issue and Ola was very quick at replacing the entire head unit proactively. Felt to me like they have isolated the case and are going about making the swaps quietly. But then again since I got it back its been performing much better than it did. The lag on the touch screen is also lower.

@mods is it possible to bring in electric scooter discussions into the electric vehicles. It makes sense to put them together
Old 28th March 2022, 10:30   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer416 View Post
I work with all major auto manufacturers globally and know the industry inside out. I know the reality of how "principled" these manufacturers are in the west when it comes to being transparent about product issues.

Lastly maybe try following Elon Musk on Twitter, you will see why he is called MEME lord. I mean the guy who changes his name to Elona Musk while his cars are delivered with mismatched tires and insufficient brakes should have his focus somewhere else. That is by your standard of judgement.
Since you are trying to use Tesla as a golden benchmark for everything and want to turn this into an India v/s foreign manufacturer discussion, I have said earlier that I do not consider Tesla as a benchmark. I dont know the industry inside out but at least deal with the regulators myself on a regular basis on the back seat of our car while we have to prove something working as per their expectation. I know how specific a certain countrys regulator is and who isnt. If engineers built cheat devices, then that was also a decision which was more or less driven from the management itself. And they have paid enough for that act now.

Anyway, leave the foreign part if that comparison hurts so much. How many Athers have software troubles that shuts them down completely? How many of them have got stuck in reverse and at full speed? They too had issues, but these were mainly non functional or not relevant to functional safety. Thats something which is also okay for any other manufacturer. Did an Ather or a Bajaj scooter or a TVS iCube catch fire so far?

Yes, you might want to pass this off as a one off incident, but fact is that summer is starting now, and the real test begins now and not before this. If the optimism must continue about giving Ola some leniency, then let it be.
audioholic is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 10:21   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Ola, Okinawa EV Scooter Fire: Govt Forms Team Of Experts To Investigate Incidents

Quote:
The central government has decided to depute a team of independent experts to investigate incidents of Ola electric scooters and Okinawa electric bikes catching fire
Quote:
The investigators will try to find out if there is a manufacturing defect that affected their operation.
Companies here are accused of cutting corners when it comes to putting reliable products inside the battery which by their very nature are highly inflammable. Battery technology is still evolving and many different types of chemistries are being tested. The industry is waiting for more efficient, stable and safer batteries.

Some companies are moving towards Lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries as opposed to lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (NMC) batteries in their vehicles. LFP batteries have a significantly higher thermal runaway threshold of 270 degrees Celsius against NMC’s 150 degrees.

Beyond these commonsense safety precautions, it is also equally imperative now for the government to step in and lay down some safety rules.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th March 2022 at 10:25.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 13:45   #109
BHPian

I think it is the attitude of Bhavish that takes Ola to the headlines very frequently for all negative reasons rather than a poor/substandard product itself.

If the sub-standard product is the point of argument, then even Tata and M&M should be criticized. For a long (even today), Tata's and M&M's products are substandard and they take the term "WARRANTY" for granted. Does it mean, because a product is under warranty, the problems/niggles/issues keep occurring? Is there a minimum limit to the ratio of products with niggles and without? Is there a limit to the number of SC visits for a specific problem? How many OEMs do have a vehicle replacement policy? What is the limit for the number of issues in a vehicle in its warranty period?

The only solution is to have strong consumer laws (enforce and execute the laws). And of course, the awareness among consumers is the worst here.

The more strong the consumer laws are, the more transparency in the process of case filing, the faster and more efficient the verdicts for cases filed, the more awareness about the rights and laws are, and finally the more transparency when there is a issue are the only ways and means to reduce this kind of incidents.

With the advent of EV's, the already once sided market will become worse unless a legal authority intervenes and take appropriate steps, put appropriate measures, checks, and balances in place.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 10:27   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Mr Hormazd has carefully developed a reputation over decades. This stature has not come easy for him. To show him BURNOL is not a decent thing to do, and is very cocky of Mr Bhavish Aggarwal. He could have given a decent reply, I feel

Hormazd gets his Ola scooter.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 406
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  119.8 KB
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 18:57   #111
Senior - BHPian

That's a good move by OLA. Let the man experience it himself. He can convince an entire generation to go electric
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hormazd gets his Ola scooter.[/ATTACH]
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 21:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's a good move by OLA. Let the man experience it himself. He can convince an entire generation to go electric
I don't think that is a move by Ola. He booked and waited like everyone else.
Old 31st March 2022, 07:37   #113
Senior - BHPian

That's odd. After that Burnol episode why would he go there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
He booked and waited like everyone else.

Last edited by Sebring : 31st March 2022 at 07:38.
Old 31st March 2022, 09:46   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's odd. After that Burnol episode why would he go there?
My guess is, he must have booked it before the Burnol episode. Now it will be interesting to watch if he will remain unbiased in his reviews or he tries to subtly settle the score with Bhavish.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 11:30   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hormazd gets his Ola scooter.
As Hormazd's Ola scooter has quality issues, Ola CEO as usual, is in a defensive mode:

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  41.4 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2022 at 11:54.
volkman10 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 21:04   #116
BHPian

Quote:
As Hormazd's Ola scooter has quality issues, Ola CEO as usual, is in a defensive mode:
[
Ok so methinks Hormazd has it in for Ola since the Burnol comment. Doubt he’s ever used words like “lax quality culture” for his ad revenue generating patrons. Having said that Dmart Musk is really getting exhausting. We get it you’re cool. Now please put out the fires.
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 13:04   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Ok so methinks Hormazd has it in for Ola since the Burnol comment. Doubt he’s ever used words like “lax quality culture” for his ad revenue generating patrons. Having said that Dmart Musk is really getting exhausting. We get it you’re cool. Now please put out the fires.
To be fair, the scooter is plagued with issues. Hormazd Sorabjee is a very objective man. Also, I don't think he's ever had to complain about "lax quality culture" because there simply haven't been as many problems with QC for a while. I personally know 3 people who've had issues with their ola scooters.
venom_op is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 14:15   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Ok so methinks Hormazd has it in for Ola since the Burnol comment. Doubt he’s ever used words like “lax quality culture” for his ad revenue generating patrons. .
There are plenty of instances
https://www.businessinsider.in/busin...w/91510221.cms

https://www.businesstoday.in/entrepr...268-2022-05-12

https://www.deccanherald.com/busines...r-1110120.html
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 15:31   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Now it will be interesting to watch if he will remain unbiased in his reviews
If anything, I think he might overcompensate. It would hurt his publication's image to be known as 'anti-Ola'. I'm not saying they're unbiased, no, definitely not, but Autocar does have a better culture of perceived neutrality because readers just don't like pettiness, something Aggarwal seems to have a hard time comprehending.

That aside, I really think Aggarwal needs to cut out the Musk imitation. There are reasons behind Musk's unusual (which worked out well) tweets that he just won't understand.

Last edited by ron178 : 29th May 2022 at 15:46. Reason: trimming
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:06   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

As EV fire ( this time it is Tata Nexon )happens, CEO of Ola takes a dig at Hormazd again and more so justifies the fire incident. What type of CEO is this?

OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads-289852822_5370628256363197_6374287945144205047_n.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd June 2022 at 12:14.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks