Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2022, 10:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads

Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal has shared a rendered image of the upcoming Ola electric car on his Twitter account giving an idea of how the EV would look like.

OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads-smartselect_20220126101950_twitter.jpg

Hormazd Sorabjee pointed out that PV Electric Car business is not as easy as scooter business.

OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads-smartselect_20220126102001_twitter.jpg

Bhavish Aggarwal replied as if automotive media is afraid of Ola Electric PV business.

OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads-smartselect_20220126102012_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th January 2022 at 10:58.
Venkatesh is offline   (74) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 10:45   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads

I don't understand why these popular figures cannot be more civil and polite in their social media interactions. These are public figures followed by thousands if not millions of people, and we wonder why social media has become so toxic. Bare minimum courtesy and respect seems to be a thing of the past.

Hormazd has a point, but if Ola has been able to churn out the Electric Scooter and catch the fancy of the public, no reason to not give a chance with respect to cars. A lot of the game changing innovations have happened because someone had the guts to 'jump before they crawled'

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th January 2022 at 11:08.
Rajeevraj is offline   (133) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 10:49   #3
BANNED

That was my first reaction, I have laughed at few comments from Horamzd before but to reply like how Bhavish did to an advice (sound advice) tells me that he is the one who needs the burnol.
DarthVeda is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 11:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ola is moving exactly like Tesla during it's early days!

Meaning supply chain and quality issues, and heavy disruption with No dealers & No traditional marketing. And no problem with that as long as the buyers keep their eyes open and know what they are buying!!

But that disruption is where this burn is coming from, be it Autocar or Dealer associations

I really wish these journos & associations showed the same spirit when it came to highlighting safety flaws, quality issues, cost cutting, ancient hardware etc from manufacturers who spends big on advertisements and other marketing perks like free media cars etc..
deetjohn is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 13:14   #5
BHPian

What the Ola CEO is trying to do is to distract the public from this:
OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads-screenshot_20220126130142.png

OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads-screenshot_20220126130831.png

It's not even few months that the scooter deliveries began and this guy is already hopping onto a different segment. It's like him saying: "Ola is in a loss, never mind.. I'll start a new business every 6 months". Hormazd is right in pointing out that all such gimmicks by Ola is for valuation and nothing else. Can the CEO answer what will be the future of Ola? I'm sure we'll keep that a secret!

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th January 2022 at 16:09. Reason: Minor formatting change :)
CarNerd is offline   (117) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 14:01   #6
BHPian

Its sad to see Ola CEO behaving like a cheap IT cell troll.
The Morning Context's piece on the same is interesting -

Bhavish Aggarwal is choking Ola
Read more at: https://themorningcontext.com/intern...is-choking-ola
Copyright © The Morning Context
AjinkyaP is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 14:17   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I don't understand why these popular figures cannot be more civil and polite in their social media interactions. These are public figures followed by thousands if not millions of people, and we wonder why social media has become so toxic. Bare minimum courtesy and respect seems to be a thing of the past.
They aren't civil because social media is about seeking attention. Marketing is now more important than the product. Having a public feud gets you attention and attention gets you venture capital. This is how social media is shaping society - your online following can now be directly monetized. We are losing all pretense of civility online because that's what the audience wants, keep them entertained and take a moral stance and you have yourself a following who will fight your wars for you.

OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads-fanatics.jpg
Electromotive is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 15:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Mr Hormazd has carefully developed a reputation over decades. This stature has not come easy for him. To show him BURNOL is not a decent thing to do, and is very cocky of Mr Bhavish Aggarwal. He could have given a decent reply, I feel
Sebring is offline   (64) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 15:17   #9
BHPian

IMO Bhavish's post depicting an EV is merely eye candy for the masses and a marketing gimmick in the run up to the anticipated OLA IPO. The investors are looking to make an exit at insane valuations and are working overtime with the bankers, OLA Management , media and other stakeholders to generate as much hype as possible. I expect more such tweets, plugs and paid articles/new reports as we approach the IPO date.
kushagra452 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 15:35   #10
BHPian

I am not going to comment on twitter wars.

The rendering on the other hand reminded me of the chicken getting slowly cooked behind the glass in some restaurants. Imagine driving this in coastal regions or RJ/ GJ.
mac187 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 15:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sirish Chandran about the Bhavish Aggarwal tweet

OLA CEO Bhavish Aggarwal's reply to petrolheads-smartselect_20220126154754_twitter.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 16:10   #12
BHPian

Hormazd: Your scooter itself isn't completely ready right now, you're running 3 months late in deliveries. Would be better if you first focus on the existing products rather than entering a completely new segment.
Bhavish: Haha, petrol media. BURNOL!
Whose argument makes sense? Or can I say, who actually has a real argument?
If instead of addressing a genuine issue Bhavish prefers to dodge it using memes because he has no answer, I guess we already know who really needs burnol
udaikalra01 is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 16:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Even Skoda treats their customers with reasonable dignity. I can't imagine how Ola is going to turn out. Will we also get Burnol memes when we complain about Ola scooters on Twitter?

Pathetic and immature response by the CEO. He's trying to mimic Elon Musk but unlike Elon, this guy has no hand on experience. If his engineering team is pissed, they could just walk out and unlike Musk, he can't do a thing to continue the project.

Feeling sorry for all those who invested in Ola. Their IPO should be avoided like the plague if he doesn't change.
Turbohead is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 16:37   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Ola is moving exactly like Tesla during it's early days!

Meaning supply chain and quality issues, and heavy disruption with No dealers & No traditional marketing. And no problem with that as long as the buyers keep their eyes open and know what they are buying!!

But that disruption is where this burn is coming from, be it Autocar or Dealer associations
Except Tesla didnt start with scooters, they started with a car. What you see today started almost 15 years ago. Even Volkswagen with all its might hasnt been successful yet and the other car makers are struggling as well.

Hormazd is absolutely right when he says car are a different ball game altogether. The reply was a cheap shot for sure.
akhilesh is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 17:26   #15
BHPian

This "secret" was not aimed at customers but clearly aimed at poor investors who would go with hype rather than merit. And that response to Hormazd's tweet, when called out, clearly shows he is out of depth about the scale of manufacturing and expansion of EV car business and its related infrastructure, especially in a country like ours. A Tesla became a Tesla after almost 2 decades of knowing what to do and what not to do in the EV market, so unless Elon Musk hacked into his twitter account and responded with the "Burnol" tweet, it is a completely reckless, foolish and an immature response, especially from a "CEO".
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (27) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks