Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2022, 19:31   #16
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Born Electric Vision concept EVs to be unveiled on August 15, 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra BORN ELECTRIC VISION SUV Concept - The Most Advance SUV to unveil on August 15.

Attachment 2320644

Attachment 2320645

Link
Hello Volkman10, while I'm sure this must be Mahindra's most advanced EV yet - but, for the life of me I can't describe its face as anything but horrendous. It does really remind me of the "Predator"! And if Pratap Bose had anything to do with it, I apologise to myself for having put him on a pedestal earlier on.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Born Electric concept SUVs new teaser.

Name:  SmartSelect_20220803220117_Twitter.gif
Views: 964
Size:  3.53 MB

Will come with advanced connectivity features, which will allow you to control a host of in-car functions like - seat adjustment, climate control, music preference settings, and ambient lighting among others.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd August 2022 at 22:07.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:07   #18
BHPian

Yet another teaser from Mahindra Born Electric you tube channel, event is scheduled on 15th August, 5 pm IST.

Link :

Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Born Electric Vision concept EVs to be unveiled on August 15, 2022-6655ef3dddca46faabb591d611c26324.jpeg  

Mahindra Born Electric Vision concept EVs to be unveiled on August 15, 2022-89c912b0a7e946f58725028cf9664c29.jpeg  

Mahindra Born Electric Vision concept EVs to be unveiled on August 15, 2022-72f49cf2e1a6477d953387fe48383df2.jpeg  

Mahindra Born Electric Vision concept EVs to be unveiled on August 15, 2022-5c6dc69f39a646bd99a43810713b4334.jpeg  

Mahindra Born Electric Vision concept EVs to be unveiled on August 15, 2022-95cee15cb22c4731bf02cd73121135a8.jpeg  

Mahindra Born Electric Vision concept EVs to be unveiled on August 15, 2022-72d72b24331f461d80a485820b8432d8.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 22:25   #19
BHPian

Everything about this thread that I can see so far is about external appearances. As if electric vehicles are all about those fancy contours, electronic gadgetry, and designer led lights.

Just curious about what Mahindra is doing about the powertrain, battery and safety? Are they planning to make these items on their own, getting into some partnership or going to just procure them from vendors?

Last edited by ajayc123 : 3rd August 2022 at 22:27.
ajayc123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 18:40   #20
BHPian

So far, with the release of this teaser, there is nothing exciting or unique about the Mahindra EV for 2 reasons

1. Multi-sensory experience in the car (especially in an Indian brand like Mahindra/Tata) are significantly prone to sensor failures, and malfunctions which lead to stranded, unhappy, and frustrated vehicle owners all along the India roadways.
2. Multiple sensors are the way of business from decades ago with the introduction of powertrain/brake/speed/safety sensors all over the car. So what is special/unique about adding a few more sensors?

XUV700 is already market loaded with a handful of issues, recalls, and silent feature deletions. I am sure the Scorpio N will be a repeat of the 700. So unless Mahindra sorts this out, the reliability factor is at a big stake for Mahindra.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 18:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post

1. Multi-sensory experience in the car (especially in an Indian brand like Mahindra/Tata) are significantly prone to sensor failures, and malfunctions which lead to stranded, unhappy, and frustrated vehicle owners all along the India roadways.
Can you please explain what you mean by this? You mentioned it yourself later on that xuv 700 already ships with a lot of these sensors. So is there an issue with these sensors thats “stranding” people that im ignorant of?

Thanks.
Abhiram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 20:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
Can you please explain what you mean by this? You mentioned it yourself later on that xuv 700 already ships with a lot of these sensors. So is there an issue with these sensors thats “stranding” people that im ignorant of?

Thanks.
I meant more the electronics, the more it is prone to failure. 700 has a lot of electronics. Tata & Mahindra are known for their unreliable nature which these electronics amplifies their unreliability.

Infotainment and sensor issues are very common in Mahindra and Tata. To know more, please read through the TBhp community.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 21:43   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Luxurious and full of tech, it is a successful model for EVs. Mahindra seems to be moving in the right direction with this. Cheaper EVs simply lose money for the company.

We can expect features and performance of premium EVs at an attainable price - wonder what the waiting period will be.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 23:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I meant more the electronics, the more it is prone to failure. 700 has a lot of electronics. Tata & Mahindra are known for their unreliable nature which these electronics amplifies their unreliability.

Infotainment and sensor issues are very common in Mahindra and Tata. To know more, please read through the TBhp community.
I actually do. Very thoroughly and regularly. We’ve moved goalposts here from sensors and being stranded in highways to glitchy infotainment systems. I can just as easily say non “technology and sensor” related issues such as DCT issues and AC issues from certain European manufacturers far outnumber the issues you claim that electronics amplify in tatas and mahindras.
Bottomline is, new technology does not always mean less reliability. Let us all just be optimistic and hope for progress of auto sector in general. After all, we are all enthusiasts here.
Abhiram is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 01:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Everything about this thread that I can see so far is about external appearances. As if electric vehicles are all about those fancy contours, electronic gadgetry, and designer led lights.
Well, as a matter of fact, the future of the car happens to be all about the User Experience and the interaction within and out of vehicle with IoT. The drivetrain will not be a talking point at all.

This is too early in the stage to start talking about safety anyway when all they want to achieve is to get investor money showing their EV Roadmap. Nothing that they will show on 15/8 will be production ready.
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 06:29   #26
BHPian

Well, for me cars should be about safe mobility before anything else.

Given, we hear many risks about battery related fires, I think thats possibly another dimension of star rating that is needed. I really don't want to see a 5 star crash rated electric car catching fire randomly.

As for the user experience factors, anything that aids the driving is welcome, but if gizmos are a distraction and a safety hazard, then they defeat the purpose.

These are my priorities, but all are free to decide theirs.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 5th August 2022 at 06:34.
Old 5th August 2022, 10:21   #27
BHPian

People really have unrealistic expectations when it comes to Indian OEMs.

1) These are just teasers. Why would Mahindra even talk about battery fire and its action plan in teasers?

2) Concentrating on Gizmo's and External Appearances -- Arre baba the teasers have just started. They will be drip feeding us till 14th August.

3) Not showcasing the Safety aspect -- They are the only OEM in India who has promised and delivered safer vehicles (No, TATA doesn't qualify unless they rate their premium cars). Every car of theirs which had bad crash ratings earlier have excellent ratings when the new version is launched. Who in their right mind in Mahindra will decide to launch an unsafe electric vehicle?

4) Finally You guys are expecting too much from Mahindra. They along with MSIL are away behind in the EV space and I don't see them transforming by the 15th of August.
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 12:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
4) Finally You guys are expecting too much from Mahindra. They along with MSIL are away behind in the EV space and I don't see them transforming by the 15th of August.
Couldn't agree more with points 1, 2 and 3.
Point 4 - Kind of, but not really for 4 reasons.

1. They have the oldest presence in EV market(as irrelevant as it may be right now) with the Reva.
2. They are the market leader in 3-wheeler electric in India now.
3. They actually have their own electric racing team in Formula E.
4. Their acquisitions have given them a head start with some technologies as well.

It is also heartening to hear that they are putting in a lot of research and budget in manufacturing their own cells and battery packs. I certainly have my hopes up. I want Tata and Mahindra to push each other to reach new heights

Last edited by Abhiram : 5th August 2022 at 12:33. Reason: My great maths
Abhiram is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 12:52   #29
BHPian

Actually I don't have any specific expectations from Mahindra or any other manufacturers. I just laid out what is a priority for me in an EV, and my impression on the teasers rolled out so far just touch the items that don't feature on my priority list.
Old 5th August 2022, 16:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
Couldn't agree more with points 1, 2 and 3.
Point 4 - Kind of, but not really for 4 reasons.

1. They have the oldest presence in EV market(as irrelevant as it may be right now) with the Reva.
2. They are the market leader in 3-wheeler electric in India now.
3. They actually have their own electric racing team in Formula E.
4. Their acquisitions have given them a head start with some technologies as well.

It is also heartening to hear that they are putting in a lot of research and budget in manufacturing their own cells and battery packs. I certainly have my hopes up. I want Tata and Mahindra to push each other to reach new heights
Well, points 1 and 2 are irrelevant. Being the market leader in an extremely minuscule market. Regarding point 3, well that partnership has been there for many years but still, they have not been able to bring about those brains to build a single proper EV car in India.

Regarding their acquisitions, well we all want Mahindra to obviously succeed but look at their track record for acquisitions. Flop after flop after flop. Hope the tide turns to the better side this independence day. As you said nothing makes us happier than to see India OEMs becoming a major success.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks