Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 02:53   #106
BHPian

Re: MG ZS EV facelift launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
There is some news that MG is going to launch a subscription service for ADAS.
I thought so too but I just realized that the cruise control stock on the Astor with ADAS and the ZS EV Facelift are different. Specifically the option to change the follow distance is missing. I think it would probably not happen.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:51   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
I pre-booked the ZS EV excite 2022 version on 5th Jan 2022.

Today went ahead and converted my booking from excite to exclusive. Was given a tentative delivery date of mid May by sales executive which isn’t a bad timeline at all. Hope to get the vehicle delivered by then.
This is great to hear, I hope they stick to the quoted timeline. I booked the ZS EV excite in Oct 2021 and it is getting tough for me to wait. It is approaching the XUV 700 territory!
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:27   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
This is great to hear, I hope they stick to the quoted timeline. I booked the ZS EV excite in Oct 2021 and it is getting tough for me to wait. It is approaching the XUV 700 territory!
If it were the Exclusive version, you might have got your vehicle delivered in April 2022 itself I guess. As Excite is launching in July 2022, I am assuming you might get it in hand in August 2022.
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:33   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgarg View Post
Has anyone got any update regarding the delivery timelines?

Also, my booking on the MG app still does not show as Confirmed. Is this normal? Is anyone else also facing this?
Mine was done on 20th Jan. Dealer says they have 290 bookings from that outlet so not sharing any timelines; not sure if I have to ask for refund and more towards available ice cars. My dealer is from Kalyan Nagar Bangalore.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd March 2022 at 11:35. Reason: Please take the time to construct your posts and proof read them before submitting. Thanks.
vijucg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:29   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijucg View Post
Mine was done on 20th Jan. Dealer says they have 290 bookings from that outlet so not sharing any timelines; not sure if I have to ask for refund and more towards available ice cars. My dealer is from Kalyan Nagar Bangalore.
I guess the entire MG Showrooms is owned by 1 Dealer. 290 bookings might be the total numbers of all branches combined.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 13:26   #111
BHPian

Rising costs may force EV companies to up prices by 8%

Source

Not a good thing for an already expensive ZS EV if this were to happen.
Old 23rd March 2022, 19:22   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Here’s the video of the above guy receiving the delivery.
Towards the end of the video, he claims that he got a real world range of 400 km, that too on an expressway, that too at a speed of 100 kmph! It is simply wonderful if that is true.
This guy also got a range of ~400km, with AC

siddharthgarg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 10:05   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Rising costs may force EV companies to up prices by 8%

Source

Not a good thing for an already expensive ZS EV if this were to happen.
I think this is inevitable which is why we stuck to our booking of the Excite. With the current instability in the world we needed to keep some money in hand for unforeseen price increases especially with the long wait times.

I hope you get your car delivered before the price increase.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 13:10   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnav612 View Post
Another quick change I forgot to add to my previous post would be the boot. It's gotten SMALL. It's <400 Litres now, close to 370-380 if I remember correctly, as stated by the dealer himself, as compared to the 470 litres it was pre-facelift.

Reason being the spare wheel being a full size alloy this time around as compared to the space saver. I have mixed opinions about it, but it's a good initiative.

Attachment 2286136
The size of the boot is a bummer on both Astor and the new ZS EV. It is just too small for folks who are used to sedan sized boots. The only reason, I dropped the Astor was the size of the boot and now it is a shame that ZS EV has also got a smaller boot.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 15:21   #115
BHPian

Your spot on about that the adas stalk is different from astor so i guess its not really upgradeable just by software. The EZ stalk cannot be rotated unlike the astor.
I figure the chip is required to integrate the cruise control with breaking and radar and camera and its a complex system. That chip must be expensive and probably not there or short supply or some reason. The sales person and mg higher level guy categorically denied adas will be available.
The other thing is that range will be probably reduced a lot with adas as it doesnt use regenerative breaking so they decided to skip it.
They probably kept the camera and the radar in the car as it might be too cheap to bother removing them.
The Car launched in Nepal and all other asian markets have adas so i wonder why the Indian market gets such treatment. They could easily have kept it optional if it was due to cost.
Moreover the range given here is totally mismatched by what is given in all other markets with the same battery by about 100-150 km.
The 5 star rating will probably be lost due to the adas breaking gone.
Driving the car was good though the cornering and stability at high speed was a bit shaky like a slight roll due to the battery weight.
The boot space is less due to the spare tyre being a full tyre instead of a thin doughnut one was was given in the previous versions. now its the same as astor.
The boot space adjusts on two levels .
In case you want to increase the boot space you can get your full typre changed to a doughnut and place the baser of the bootspace at the lower level.
it increases space by quite a bit.
The 5th tyre is not much use as most people think. My previous cars never used that 5th tyre in about 20 years. It gets rendered useless after 5 years of not being used.
The other important feature missed is the change in angle of the rear seat to add more boot space,
Ive been using this feature in all my cars to full benefit to increase luggage capacity. Here it's either up or down no flexibilty.
sunny1974 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 19:18   #116
BHPian

Quite informative…

siddharthgarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 20:56   #117
Senior - BHPian

When can we expect the Review to go live ?

Last I read somewhere was March 25th, but it's already past 48 hrs and no signs of reviews.

Waited for 5 months for MG Astor Style, now waiting for another 4-5 months for this ZS EV.

The Semiconductor issue has halted the smooth flow of industry.
Old 28th March 2022, 13:54   #118
BHPian

The dealer in Kolkata doesn't seem to have received their test drive vehicle yet. The SA did mention that display vehicles are there in case I want to take a look. As per him, the current waiting period is about 4 - 5 months if ordered now.
Old 28th March 2022, 14:34   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Quite informative…
Is the music system really that bad? I haven't checked it out in any of the test drives I availed so far.
Old 28th March 2022, 15:28   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Is the music system really that bad? I haven't checked it out in any of the test drives I availed so far.
We did briefly listen to some music from the inbuilt Saavn app. Although the music did not sound wow, we don't remember it being that bad.

I have reached out to the SA to request for another test drive where i want to try out the headlight efficiency (late evening drive) and music system experience, will post my thoughts here after the drive.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks