Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2022, 18:04   #136
BHPian

Re: MG ZS EV facelift launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh

My dealer in Bangalore tells me deliveries are delayed because the 2022 model has not yet been updated in the RTO systems and is expected to be done within a week. My vehicle has been allotted and is available in the yard. Charger has been delivered to my home, pending installation. Has anyone else got the same reason for delay in delivery? I booked my ZS in Nov 2021.
dsvikki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 18:44   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvikki View Post
My vehicle has been allotted and is available in the yard. Charger has been delivered to my home, pending installation. Has anyone else got the same reason for delay in delivery? I booked my ZS in Nov 2021.
Which branch did you book at ??

I had booked Astor Style way back in October, now post 5 months, no signs of it. Have cancelled it, and last month have booked ZS EV. Waiting period quoted is 4 months.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 18:50   #138
BHPian

Booked it at MG ORR in Mahadevpura.
Old 7th April 2022, 11:39   #139
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer in Bangalore tells me deliveries are delayed because the 2022 model has not yet been updated in the RTO systems and is expected to be done within a week.
I spoke to my SA and he mentioned all final Government approvals (for Bangalore deliveries) will certainly be received by 10-Apr-2022.
Will post here if i receive any other updates.
car-o-holic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 14:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer in Bangalore tells me deliveries are delayed because the 2022 model has not yet been updated in the RTO systems and is expected to be done within a week. My vehicle has been allotted and is available in the yard. Charger has been delivered to my home, pending installation. Has anyone else got the same reason for delay in delivery? I booked my ZS in Nov 2021.
My booking was done on 05th Jan 2022. As of now the estimated delivery date is mid May to end May 2022. I don't mind waiting till May to be honest as I want to see what the long range Nexon EV has to offer before I go ahead with the ZS EV.
Old 8th April 2022, 19:04   #141
BHPian

My booking was on 7th Feb, no estimate date of delivery shown on the app. SA says I will get a mail directly from MG informing the allocation and dispatch.
Old 8th April 2022, 21:32   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Are bookings of the Excite version open?

What is the water wading dept of the ZS EV? I presume it’s good considering there is no engine here.

Which features might be omitted in the lower variant? I presume the panaromic roof will go but most other things could stay. I hope they get a lighter interior color rather than all black

Lastly, do they still include the charging unit with each car to be installed at your garage ?

Last edited by Sahil : 8th April 2022 at 21:34.
Old 8th April 2022, 21:37   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
No, dealers are not taking booking as of now, neither is it available on their platform.

Quote:
What is the water wading dept of the ZS EV? I presume it’s good considering there is no engine here.
Good Question, but Don't have any information. But Ground Clearance is lower compared to Astor due to Batteries.

Quote:
Lastly, do they still include the charging unit with each car to be installed at your garage ?
Yes, 7KW Charging Unit comes bundled with the car and is installed by a representative from MG. A local qualified electrician cannot install it according to MG.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 09:19   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Bookings are expected to open in July 2022. Currently there has been no training for the sales executives, nor has there been any information about the features that will be offered in this variant. I think only the price, battery and motor are confirmed. It should be pretty close to the barebone UK SE spec judging by the price.

We booked the 2021 Excite version in Oct 2021 which has been converted to a 2022 booking, according to the sales executive, people like me will be higher up on the list than people who will get to book their 2022 Excite version in July 2022.

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 9th April 2022 at 09:27. Reason: Spelling
Old 9th April 2022, 17:40   #145
BHPian

Did the PDI today at their yard in Yelahanaka Service Center. They had about 7 odd ZS EVs. Saw 2 reds, 2 greys and 3 or 4 Whites, including mine. Quite exposed to the elements at their yard. No covers as well. Hoping registration is done early next week and delivered.
dsvikki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 11:49   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
If not, i am not sure how we can go ahead with out MG ZS EV purchase!
You really can make do with simply a 15A power type plug and the slow charger. Don't give up on your EV just for this! I have been charging my ZS using the slow charger without any issues. Normally I put it to charge at around 25 to 30%. I charge to 80% for battery health. So I need around 10 hours on the slow charger. Plugging in at night, you can easily get 12 hours of charge by the morning which is equivalent to a 60% top up. Unless you are going on a long trip and need a 100% charge, this works really well. When I have a long trip coming up, I simply plug in at around 5pm and I am ready to go by the morning. You can also stop by a fast charger for 30 minutes once in while if there is some urgency but I have never needed to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
What does hurt is that we will have already paid for the charger because it is included in the price of the car, and MG probably won't provide a discount or refund if you choose not to install it.
You can easily sell your MG provided 7KW charger on various forums. You can reach out to me if you need any help with this. Expect around 30 to 40,000 for it.
Lobogris is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 16:17   #147
BHPian

Interesting observation

There is a youtube channel called Doctors Drive who got the ZSEV from Lucknow. He probably got the demo version. His cruise control stock looks like this

Name:  18BB8F311AF04A35A50543C9C8334A15.jpeg
Views: 481
Size:  192.1 KB

And then the next one is from a youtuber who was testing the media version
His stock looks different

MG ZS EV facelift launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-07a69dc203814454b29d62d0e3e3a288.jpeg

The new one seems to have ADAS enabled stock

Based on what I have heard, ADAS might be enabled post approval from the govt.

What do you guys think?
Old 12th April 2022, 16:57   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
The new one seems to have ADAS enabled stock

Based on what I have heard, ADAS might be enabled post approval from the govt.

What do you guys think?
Media cars have stalk with Adaptive Cruise Control while display and customer cars don't have them.

So, either MG might have shipped some cars with Stalks of Astor and may have disabled the ADAS features or there might be some changes in Production Versions.
Old 12th April 2022, 17:57   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Media cars have stalk with Adaptive Cruise Control while display and customer cars don't have them.

So, either MG might have shipped some cars with Stalks of Astor and may have disabled the ADAS features or there might be some changes in Production Versions.
Could it be that these media drive cars were imports and not locally produced India-spec ones?
Old 12th April 2022, 18:27   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

But the test drive one at MG Flagship in Gurgaon had the Astor one.
I think this one will be a wait and watch. Reason why I say this is because a guy removed the cover of the sensor down below for one of his videos and it had all the hardware. Radar’s are expensive. Really doesnt make sense to put one in a car if there is no use

Mod Note: Our MG ZS EV Facelift Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 13th April 2022 at 10:47. Reason: Link to review added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks