Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2022, 13:53   #31
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW i4 electric sedan India unveiling on April 28. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 69.90 lakh

CBU i4 electric is quite well priced by BMW India. Here is Mercedes-Benz C-Class 300d comparison.

BMW i4 electric sedan India unveiling on April 28. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 69.90 lakh-1.png
pqr is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 16:46   #32
BHPian

Re: BMW i4 electric sedan India unveiling on April 28. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 69.90 lakh

That's a lot of grill for the money. Reasonable price though, considering the atrocious pricing for the ICE line-up. Time is moving faster than we expected. I believe the extinction of ICE cars will be sooner than we anticipated. My next car is definitely going to be a car with a no compromise on the engine. I definitely want to enjoy a car with a soul before switching over to an electric gadget with wheels.
Bhupi_BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 17:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post

However it’s top speed is restricted to 190 kmph which is the same as a Skoda Rapid.

True but the difference is in how much time and how easily that 190kmph is achieved and stability at such speeds. In general, electric cars have higher acceleration figures but lower top speed ones.
DonHyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 19:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV NXT View Post
However it’s top speed is restricted to 190 kmph which is the same as a Skoda Rapid.
In all practicality, when have we ever touched such speeds in India? Our roads can barely handle 150 kmph. Plus the surge and relentless shove that EVs give means that it'll hit those figures much faster than a Rapid. Heck it'll beat most germans there too.
venom_op is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 21:23   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Is 125 mm GC safe for India on the i4 ?
Valid point, I asked SA on this and as per him, currently, many manufacturers do not mention this. I believe this may be true with respect to CBUs without homologation. I had almost nil issues relating to ground clearance on my M5 at least here in North. But will be interesting to see real-life driveability once the demo cars are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
But one massive point in favour of the EV6 is the ground clearance. It seems much more practical on that front compared to the i4. Do check out overall seat comfort etc as well.
Yes, higher GC is definitely a plus but the front seat is very short. If someone is used to driving EU cars, it can be a deal-breaker.

Quote:
The final positive for the EV6 is its built for electric platform as opposed to ICE adapted to electric. I would assume that should bring some inherent design advantages that may or may not be apparent to the user.
Yes, but given the way Germans usually work, they must have factored, like the rear Air-Suspension. Because the chassis was for IC, they must have strengthened it resulting in higher weight. Besides BMW has been building EVs for a while, just that they slept over for a very long time. Overall, I am expecting BMW to be better built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Only 65 cars allocated in the first lot and all of them were already booked in the first hour yesterday.
Though they are not confirming numbers, whatever orders are now being taken, deliveries are not confirmed from the initial lot.

Exclusive Launch offer on i4 Aerodynamic Kit

After booking, customers can pay 5,99 Lac and get the below parts added before delivery. Price includes labour, so this seems to be a dealer option.

1. Kidney Grille in High-Gloss Black.
2. Front M Aerodynamic Bumper.
3. Air Breather and Accent Stripes.
4. Rear M Aerodynamic Bumper.
5. 18” M Aerodynamic Wheels 858 M with mixed Tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW i4 electric sedan India unveiling on April 28. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 69.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220527-9.19.55-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th May 2022 at 21:27.
Turbanator is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 22:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
CBU i4 electric is quite well priced by BMW India. Here is Mercedes-Benz C-Class 300d comparison.
On top of this EVs help resolve the biggest Achilles heel in relation to german cars, ie. powertrain complaints and maintenance issues/costs.

A reliable premium german car with low running costs is that sweet spot which has been unattainable to date. Assemble these beauties locally and as they gain a reputation, in say 4-5 years time I wouldn't be surprised a large chunk of premium car buyers go electric.

Last edited by shortbread : 27th May 2022 at 22:33.
shortbread is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 23:07   #37
BHPian

For a car that's around £60,000 in the UK, and the usual 120% markup on imports in India, this thing is financially economical by a whole 60 lacs!

For a CBU, this would be at a sticker price of at least Rs. 1.3 crores!

Prove me wrong
lemedico is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 23:39   #38
BHPian

I am amazed to see the comparison between BMW and Kia. Are EVs the new leveling fields between Big 3 and also ran Koreans worldwide?

And I guess this pricing will serve as a decent rap on Kia's knuckles who has started behaving in an arrogant manner due to string of successful launches. Rs 3 Lacs booking amount and Rs 50K cancellation charges even without disclosing prices

Kudos to BMW though to launch this at an aggressive price. I am sure they will be making much more than regular Gas/Diesel offerings thanks to atrocious taxation rates on the later. I hope the other two or rather MB gets the hint.
TSIched'Out is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 23:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
For a car that's around £60,000 in the UK, and the usual 120% markup on imports in India, this thing is financially economical by a whole 60 lacs!
Unlike imported ICE cars, EVs attract much lower govt. levies!
shortbread is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 00:19   #40
BHPian

Brilliant job by BMW India in terms of pricing and specs of the car, definitely BMW got an advantage here especially with the news of Tesla's disinterest in the Indian market. Easily Tesla would have done decent sales with model 3 at this price point.
Old 28th May 2022, 00:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Time for a poll, i4 vs ev6
i4 all the way. BMW build quality + Sedan driving dynamics + Electric powertrain (low maintenance) + fantastic pricing.
carthick1000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 09:57   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Unlike imported ICE cars, EVs attract much lower govt. levies!
Only lower 5% GST. Customs Duty is still the same.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 11:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Only lower 5% GST. Customs Duty is still the same.
True, but on big ICE cars it's 21% (GST + cess), that'll give a big advantage to EV pricing. The GST on SUVs is even greater 40% +
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 12:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
After booking, customers can pay 5,99 Lac and get the below parts added before delivery. Price includes labour, so this seems to be a dealer option.

1. Kidney Grille in High-Gloss Black.
2. Front M Aerodynamic Bumper.
3. Air Breather and Accent Stripes.
4. Rear M Aerodynamic Bumper.
5. 18” M Aerodynamic Wheels 858 M with mixed Tyres.
So that makes it 75.89L ideally speaking. Does it offer any more packages? I wonder why companies don't give us options with CBUs. If they are CBUs they will most likely be custom-built for you like orders in the EU or US.
Old 28th May 2022, 14:18   #45
BHPian

Why don't they assemble it here ASAP and sell it at 40L on-road price instead of waiting till the government starts taxing the EVs at the same rate as ICE? I really don't understand why are companies so out of touch with the ground reality.
techbro is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks