Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 12:08   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture

Am I the only one who feels that Curvv has slight resemblance to upcoming electric crossover, Nissan Ariya?

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-ariya-side.jpeg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-nissanariyaconcept31024x614.jpeg

Name:  nissan_ariya 34444.jpeg
Views: 945
Size:  44.0 KB

Ariya also has flat front footwell with no partition.
deep4u is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 12:22   #77
BHPian

This can be the poor man's X6. In my opinion, the silhouette looks like that of the BMW X6(a childhood dream car). The concept may be a bit tacky, especially the excess black over the wheel arches and the large wheels themselves, but the production car should look very sweet. Yet to see any new Tata launch that is not good looking. Just hope similar work is being done on the power trains as well to give us more reasons to just buy Tata.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 12:49   #78
Senior - BHPian

Tata Curvv Electric SUV imagined as pickup truck.

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-fb_img_1649661516943.jpg

Source : MotorBeam

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th April 2022 at 12:53.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 13:02   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Curvv Electric SUV Production-spec rendered in new colours.

Attachment 2295159

Attachment 2295160

Attachment 2295161

Attachment 2295162

Source
Thanks for sharing this. This looks so much more cohesive than the concept version with mixed design elements. I love this render and am sure this would sell well provided interiors are also similarly polished.

The Sierra concept car was beautiful and looked almost production ready. Wonder why they had to launch a new concept car (and also implying that this will reach production earlier than Sierra) instead of bringing out the Sierra into production right away.
FloatingCanvas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 13:38   #80
BHPian

I for one really like the concept. if priced correctly, this will sell like hotcakes. I find this design way more better than Nexon and just look at recent sales data of Nexon! Recently TATA's USP is design and safety and they are continuing it in their future models also.
mathewspaul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 13:42   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingCanvas View Post

The Sierra concept car was beautiful and looked almost production ready. Wonder why they had to launch a new concept car (and also implying that this will reach production earlier than Sierra) instead of bringing out the Sierra into production right away.
Because the Curvv uses the X1 platform that's already in production and is what the Nexon is currently based on.

The upcoming Sierra uses the new Sigma EV platform that is under development. Hence the latter will take longer to hit the market.
shortbread is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 14:01   #82
BHPian

To me, it looks ugly inside and outside. The inside rather than looking minimalistic reminds me of barebone interiors from the 80s and 90s cars. The exterior seems to have been overdone a bit too much for my liking. If this is 97% production-ready, I doubt it will find a lot of takers, especially since it will be competing in the 20 lakhs+ bracket most likely which has some much better-looking competition.
siren373 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 14:21   #83
BHPian

I have mixed feelings about the concept design, but it would be nice if tata adopt a new logo for its suv/ ev range like what Mahindra did with XUV 700. Current logo looks out of place in a futuristic looking vehicle.
JJ1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 14:46   #84
BHPian

Strangely enough, I like the looks. Maybe seeing enough BMW X6's on the roads has softened me up on the coupe-SUV style.

However, I really wish we would get dedicated EV platforms for lower-end EVs (Nexon/ZS and below price range).

Not these mixed use platforms designed to be used for both, EV and ICE vehicles,

Ideally would like something like Tesla, where the entire car has been designed ground-up to be only an EV, with zero consideration for fitting in an ICE engine.
Old 11th April 2022, 15:14   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Ideally would like something like Tesla, where the entire car has been designed ground-up to be only an EV, with zero consideration for fitting in an ICE engine.
They're working on that, too. Basically they are simultaneously working on 3 generations of EVs
Gen1 : ICE converted to EV (Nexon electric, Tigor electric)
Gen2 : EV first vehicles, ICE launch to follow (upcoming Curvv and Sierra)
Gen3 : EV only vehicles based on dedicated EV platforms. They are promising 10 EVs in the next 5 years which will include Gen3 as well, so we might get to see an EV only concept in the next auto expo.
udaikalra01 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:26   #86
BHPian

It's like Comparing the Ford Model T to be ugly in front of Horse-Driven beautiful carriages. This a is a major achievement and with 500+kms in a single charge and keeping costs, localization, environmental concerns, recycled materials and time-to-market; I think it's revolutionary.
SafariMan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 16:56   #87
BHPian

Air vent to Air vent copy? The similarities are staggering!
Maybe it's the new engineering/aerodynamic direction for big cars?
speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 21:19   #88
BHPian

Why does TML retain its Indica design in all their models in some angles? Do you guys also get a feel of this? The Indica design is more evident in Nexon and less in Curvv. The Curvv is bulbous in front angle and flat in sides.

I like the rendering than the concept. Hope TML will bring a clean looking production model.

One thing for sure, for people who like clean and classical designs we are in for eyesore in future from most manufacturers.

Last edited by zeus_700 : 11th April 2022 at 21:21.
zeus_700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 00:16   #89
BHPian

Toyota stopped designing ugly cars and Hyundai took up the mantle. Mahindra seems to have stopped doing ugly vehicles and TATA seems to have picked up on it Their obsession with cuts and slashes are unbearable. TATA needs to takeaway the coffee machine at the design office.
AJITHAAA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 16:26   #90
BHPian

Personally, I love that the designers are trying something new. I'm so bored of seeing staid designs proliferating the market these days.

8 year old me would have loved the striking design and sometimes that's all that matters -- to excite your inner child. This is so funky looking and I love it! You're not going to see 50 year old CEOs being driven around in this and I think that's perfectly alright.
lordtottuu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks