Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2022, 18:14   #166
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The MG ZS EV facelift was launched in March this year, priced at Rs. 21.99 lakh (ex-showroom). It is available in two trims – Excite and Exclusive.
I called the dealer today to inquire about the ZS EV excite variant and he said it will not be launched. Do we have this confirmed by others too?

I live in Delhi NCR and sunroof is useless for me.
sunnsood is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 18:42   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
I called the dealer today to inquire about the ZS EV excite variant and he said it will not be launched. Do we have this confirmed by others too?

I live in Delhi NCR and sunroof is useless for me.
The Excite variant remains a ghost. At this point, it exists only on paper to show a more attractive price for promotions. As it is, MG is selling as many ZS EVs as it can make with just the more expensive model. Don’t think they will bother to make a batch of the lower model (lower margins) anytime soon.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 19:10   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
2022 MG ZS EV facelift registers over 5,000 unit sales in India
Honestly, this news is a bit surprising. In the team-bhp car sales tracker, they usually seem to be selling around 300 ZS EVs per month. How did they end up selling 5000 units within 4 months with such low dispatches? I believe they are talking about number of bookings and not the number of cars sold
shyampsunder is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 08:49   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The Excite variant remains a ghost. At this point, it exists only on paper to show a more attractive price for promotions.
I have a booking for the Excite variant. The SA mentioned to me that Excite would launch in August with deliveries starting from October.

Also he mentioned that it'd come with 6 airbags, 10.1 touch screen and digital MID - same carried from the Exclusive variant.

Hopefully, we get more detail soon.
vinvin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 13:59   #170
BHPian

I took delivery of my MG SZ EV (exclusive variant) yesterday. I had booked on 29th of December last year, so the waiting period was almost 7 months.

The delivery was handled very professionally by the dealer. The showroom staff was there to welcome us. The documentation was ready for signature when we arrived at the dealership at the appointed time. We were handed over a gift bag with some MG branded goodies (air-freshener, document folder, key chain etc). There was a small cake-cutting ceremony, after which we moved to the vehicle delivery area. An in-depth PDI was done to our satisfaction. Basics of the vehicle were explained, a brief Puja was performed, a lot of photo-s clicked and we were on our way!

The vehicle was delivered to us with a 95% SOC, which I thought was very nice. There was also a commitment that the dealer would send the SA to our apartment within the next 3 days, to clear any doubts and give us a detailed explanation of all functions and features of the vehicle.

Overall, a very nice and pleasant experience. Smiling staff wishing us happy motoring. Happy faces.

Will post on the performance of the vehicle itself, once I have driven it for couple of weeks. Meanwhile, if you have any queries, I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Last edited by Rada : 17th July 2022 at 14:00.
Rada is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 17:50   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
MG SZ EV

Congratulations on your new car. What colour have your chosen?
Waiting to hear from you about your ownership experience.
I booked mine on 18th March 2022 in Bangalore.
The delivery date was moved from 5th week of June to last week of September.
That is as of now
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 13:07   #172
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of my MG SZ EV (exclusive variant) yesterday.
Congratulations and welcome to the gang!! Wishing you many miles of happiness and fun.
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 13:15   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
Congratulations on your new car. What colour have your chosen?
Waiting to hear from you about your ownership experience.
I booked mine on 18th March 2022 in Bangalore.
The delivery date was moved from 5th week of June to last week of September.
Thank you. I have chosen Ferris White.

Since you booked middle of March, you should get the vehicle by September, if not earlier. According to my dealer, the chip shortage issue has eased quite a bit and more cars will be released to the dealers from next month onwards for delivery.

Yes. Shall post an ownership review within a month or so.
Rada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 16:55   #174
BHPian

Quote:

Will post on the performance of the vehicle itself, once I have driven it for couple of weeks. Meanwhile, if you have any queries, I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.
Can you confirm if we can sit inside the car during AC and DC charging? On road trips, it may be quite an inconvenience if you are forced to stay outside while the car starts. Another thing I would like to know if we can run the AC while the car is charging.
shyampsunder is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:22   #175
BHPian

I booked the Excite version last October and waited until now. But according to the dealer the Excite version might be delayed. My Vento is falling apart and I couldn't wait any longer, so I changed my booking to the Exclusive version. The dealer has agreed to deliver the car to me on priority (verbally said end of August) because of my booking date. I am keeping my fingers crossed and am hoping the car gets delivered soon.

I said I'm willing to take any colour exept black, due to really hot Chennai Summers.

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 19th July 2022 at 10:23.
Chrome6Boy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 12:20   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Can you confirm if we can sit inside the car during AC and DC charging? On road trips, it may be quite an inconvenience if you are forced to stay outside while the car starts. Another thing I would like to know if we can run the AC while the car is charging.
Please avoid starting your car when you plug the charger. Please read following post by Siddharth and my posts on the same topic next to his. - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5337039.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 12:32   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Today, MG sent an expert home to explain in-depth all the functions and features of the vehicle and I was able to clear some of your doubts.

- Irrespective of AC and DC charging, the vehicle will automatically lock the vehicle, thereby locking the charging port as well. However, you can then unlock the vehicle and the charging will continue. You can sit inside and operate the infotainment system, if you want. This is one of the major differences between the earlier model and the 2022 facelift, according to him.

- He said it is not advisable to run the AC while charging is going on. Did not give a proper reason why this is so.

Hope this helps!
Rada is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 16:16   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
Please avoid starting your car when you plug the charger. Please read following post by Siddharth and my posts on the same topic next to his. - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5337039.
Yes, I read through your posts. But not being able to sit in the car and running the AC while charging is terribly inconvenient. I was hoping that they would fix this over a software update. Other EVs like Kona allow you to do this.
shyampsunder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 09:23   #179
BHPian

Quote:

- Irrespective of AC and DC charging, the vehicle will automatically lock the vehicle, thereby locking the charging port as well. However, you can then unlock the vehicle and the charging will continue.
This is not true. Vehicle does not get locked automatically when you start charging. Only the charging gun gets locked. I always start the charging when vehicle is unlocked and once the charging starts, In put back the RFID key inside the car and then lock it.
Old 23rd July 2022, 21:44   #180
Senior - BHPian

MG ZS EV base Excite variant is homologated along with two more variants with Exclusive trim.

All the variants will get the same 50.3 kWh battery.

Name:  mgzsevelectricbaseexcitevariantlaunchsoon.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  139.1 KB

Source
Venkatesh is online now   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks