Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 12:01   #196
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
I am in a similar situation. How long does it take to charge? Facing any issues like charging stopping mid way or not reaching 100%?
Right now, with only commutes within the city, it is enough if I charge once a week. I put the vehicle on charge ( with 20-25% charge still remaining) around 7 pm every Saturday and by Sunday morning 10 am, the charge would have climbed up to 92-95%, when I switch it off.

Absolutely no problems while charging like the ones you have indicated. There is also the advantage that you can monitor the charging remotely using the iSmart app.
Rada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 12:45   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd share my thoughts having finally taken delivery of my MG ZS EV yesterday, booked on the day of launch itself March 7th 2022.
Congrats on your new MG ZS EV.
Second your thoughts on the ugly badges and the reflection of the air vents in the ORVMs.
I will be debadging my car when I get the sunfilms, fully occupied on the work and home front. Haven't got time to get these things done,

I just completed 1000Kms today. Odo stands at 1091Kms. I will be giving the car for first service inspection in the coming week.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 10:30   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Congrats on your new MG ZS EV.
Second your thoughts on the ugly badges and the reflection of the air vents in the ORVMs.
Thanks and congrats. I should also be over 1k by this weekend too. How are you finding the head unit? I have just ordered an Android AI box to get wireless carplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! That silver looks amazing and the debadging works wonders. Honestly, MG should provide a debadging option as a dealership option itself, they have such beautiful cars that are ruined with hideous stickers and people would probably pay to remove them.
Thanks! Agreed 100%. They actually offered to de-badge it but I guess they forgot as I requested delivery a day early than they had planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
Congratulations on your new car! Wishing you many happy and safe miles ahead.
Just asking since I saw the locations - how do you manage charging on Mumbai-Goa or other highway journeys?
Thanks! I actually haven't done the Mumbai - Goa drive in the Tata Nexon mainly because I just didn't have the confidence in the car and since I normally have my family with me - just didn't want the headache and added stress.

The MG on the other hand I am confident I can make it up with just one fast-recharge so will be trying on our next trip.
zandot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 13:04   #199
BHPian

Quote:
So far I am very happy with the overall quality/drive/handling and interior of the MG - a bit bouncy at times as observed by others is a fair observation and yes ventilated seats would have made this vehicle near perfect, I can't believe I didn't upgrade sooner (well I suppose I tried, however the 5-6 month waiting was what delayed me and I am guessing a lot others too).
Congratulations on the new car! Silver looks great!

I was following the nexon ev max vs the zs ev thread and noticed that you did not like this car after the test drive. Just curious as to what changed your mind?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5288373 (MG ZS EV facelift launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh)

"After a good 30 min test drive I am no longer convinced if I am going to go ahead with my booking or wait for the long range Nexon EV or perhaps even the Kia EV6. Visually the car is stunning and definately a notch up from the Nexon EV in terms of cabin experience."
Old 8th August 2022, 13:11   #200
BHPian

I actually made this booking at the same time of the Nexon EV MAX. During the test drive I shared my thoughts on the link you've shared but when I got the call from my dealer that they had a Nexon Ev MAX for me - I requested another test drive for both cars and somehow wasn't convinced the Nexon EV Max was worth the 21lakhs on road price being quoted.

It's a little difficult to compare as they are both from different segments and I feel it's a little unfair on the Nexon as it is a great package but ultimately the MG is a far more put together offering in terms of build quality and finish etc. Most importantly the additional range was the main clincher for me that in the 50k km I ran the Nexon EV for - I never got over 180-190 per charge unless it was very sedate driving.

Even with the bigger battery pack the Ev MAX only showed a range of 280 for me on the test drive vehicle and the MG was showing 350+.. I know it depends on style of driving but in the end I got tired of having to recharge my vehicle everyday and now look forward to charging only every 2 days

I should probably mention I have also booked the EV6 and look forward to that whenever it comes in 7-9 moths time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
Congratulations on the new car! Silver looks great!

I was following the nexon ev max vs the zs ev thread and noticed that you did not like this car after the test drive. Just curious as to what changed your mind?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5288373 (MG ZS EV facelift launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh)

"After a good 30 min test drive I am no longer convinced if I am going to go ahead with my booking or wait for the long range Nexon EV or perhaps even the Kia EV6. Visually the car is stunning and definately a notch up from the Nexon EV in terms of cabin experience."

Last edited by zandot : 8th August 2022 at 13:17.
zandot is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 00:39   #201
BHPian

Is the Excite variant available yet?
In Hyderabad, one of the showroom only mentioned about high end variant and no info on the Excite variant yet.
Old 9th August 2022, 05:48   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
Is the Excite variant available yet?
In Hyderabad, one of the showroom only mentioned about high end variant and no info on the Excite variant yet.
Excite variant does not exist. It was a marketing ploy by MG to show a rather accessible entry point. Not a single lot of this base variant has been made, and salespeople are confident that will remain so. They are only making the top model, and are selling as many as they can make.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 09:57   #203

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd share my thoughts having finally taken delivery of my MG ZS EV yesterday, booked on the day of launch itself March 7th 2022.

Attachment 2342376

I am upgrading from the Nexon EV (purchased April 2021) on which I have completed 50k km. Due to my high daily running - an EV is a no brainer, however I always felt the interior and the general build quality of the Nexon was a bit of a compromise.

Attachment 2342379

One of the first things I did to the vehicle was to remove those ugly giant ELECTRIC stickers on the side and the Internet Inside one on the rear - a hot gun and old Credit card and they were gone in less than 30 seconds.

Attachment 2342377

Attachment 2342378

So far I am very happy with the overall quality/drive/handling and interior of the MG - a bit bouncy at times as observed by others is a fair observation and yes ventilated seats would have made this vehicle near perfect, I can't believe I didn't upgrade sooner (well I suppose I tried, however the 5-6 month waiting was what delayed me and I am guessing a lot others too). I had also planned to put a black vinyl wrap on the front grill but to be honest the blanked out grill doesn't bother me in person as it did in online photos/videos.

I am just curious if anyone has any ideas to fix to this side mirror AC vent reflection on both sides - that no one seems to have mentioned but is v annoying when driving. I am guessing the only thing would be to make the matte chrome parts black?

Attachment 2342380

We booked a sable black ZS EV last month and my first thought was removing those two stickers. Thanks so much for this post. Worried that "electric" sticker might be difficult to remove, such an out of proportion eyesore!

Any one here asked them about a speaker upgrade? I think Astor comes with better speakers. Last time I visited a dealer in Mumbai, they mentioned many people had asked for the same and that it can be easily installed as it's just a matter of getting a part number from MG.
lime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 10:51   #204
Senior - BHPian

I think the most sensible thing to do on any MG is debadging. Internet Inside - seriously MG? I am also curious to see what kind of solution the forum members can give to that ORVM reflection issue. Congrats and wish you all the luck with the car.
Old 9th August 2022, 11:46   #205
BHPian

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_6940.jpg

I had my 7.2kw charger installation yesterday, the supporting work of which was done almost 3-4 months ago. This was required for both Tata and MG so I figured might as well get it out of the way.

1) Sanctioned load increase - luckily I had a high enough sanctioned load given I have an independent house so this wasn't an issue

2) 2 core 7.5kw 10 sq mm copper cable being run to a 40amp mcb from the main meter - This was a slight issue as the location was crossing right in front of the main door so I wanted this concealed as a result it ended requiring some tile cutting etc.

3) Earthing station - The earthing seems to be the main issue for the fast chargers and they needed this to be a value under 2 so I had a chemical earthing station dug specially for the charger.

Now I thought I was ready for my charger installation - unfortunately during the installation it was found that the value coming from neutral was around 15-22 and varying greatly - despite the earthing station.

It turns out to be an issue with the electricity dept - complaint has been filed but for now my fast(ish) charger sadly remains off till I have time to chase the electricity dept to resolve this till then the trusty 16amp plug seems to be working just fine.

Last edited by zandot : 9th August 2022 at 12:10.
zandot is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 11:51   #206

Driving with a polarised sunglass might be the only option other than painting those vent covers black.

Doubt if an anti-glare windshield film would work. Reminds me of something I found when we bought Chevy Spark in 2011 with beige dashboard. Reflection of dashboard on windshield was annoying in the first few months of the ownership, looked for a solution but never found any and later we just forgot about it.
lime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 12:52   #207
BHPian

Quote:
So far I am very happy with the overall quality/drive/handling and interior of the MG - a bit bouncy at times as observed by others is a fair observation
Congrats on the new car. You're going to have quite the EV garage once the EV6 gets there.! I suggest you drop the pressure in your tires a little. It will compromise your range. Currently running 32 psi on the 2021 ZS EV and it's super comfortable at that tyre pressure.
Tokengrip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 13:05   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
We took delivery of our MG ZS EV on 29th July.
Quote:
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd share my thoughts having finally taken delivery of my MG ZS EV yesterday,

Congratulations you both!! Wish you many miles of happiness.
Old 9th August 2022, 13:59   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
Any one here asked them about a speaker upgrade?.
I debadged mine during the ceramic coating process 5 days after delivery. Best decision I ever made.

I have a very strange observation with the speakers. My Apple CarPlay would hang very often, so I asked the service advisor about the same during the first service. He said he performed an admin reset of the complete system as there was no software update available. Once the car was delivered, the bass of the speakers was audibly enhanced. I asked my wife about the same and she said the same thing. Not sure what happened there. Its still not the best sound in the world, my 2018 Verna SX(O) still sounds better but I don't know what they did, the sound improved quite a bit.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th August 2022 at 16:55. Reason: Spacing, typos.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 16:36   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I think the most sensible thing to do on any MG is debadging. Internet Inside - seriously MG? I am also curious to see what kind of solution the forum members can give to that ORVM reflection issue. Congrats and wish you all the luck with the car.
The simplest way to eliminate the reflection is to stain the original matte chrome a dark colour

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks