Team-BHP > Electric Cars


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2022, 17:31   #241
Newbie
 
lime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Kannur/Mumbai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 12 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

If anyone can upload the insurance (arranged via dealer) terms and conditions along with with what is covered and what is not, that would be of great help. My dealer quoted around 1,05,000/- for the full cover secure elite insurance. After we showed concern on that quote they immediately said, "we can bring that down during the delivery". It doesn't make any sense.
I understand there is a dealer commission involved, but when I checked it with our usual insurance agent (quote attached here), he quoted almost half the price!! But instead of battery and motor in the quote it showed engine and gearbox, which doesn't make sense.
Did the dealer provided insurance document mention that it can cover battery and motor?
or
Did my insurance guy get it wrong?

[ATTACH=WhatsApp Image 20220827 at 5.20.17 PM.jpeg]2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220827-5.20.17-pm.jpeg[/ATTACH]
lime is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 05:58   #242
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 354
Thanked: 908 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
What was your booking date and colour?

Also please let me know if you have been able to convince the dealer for insurance from outside.
I booked the Excite version in Oct 2021. When it didn't release in July 2022 as promised, I relented and changed my booking to the Exclusive in the beginning of August 2022.

My colour choice was anything other than black, a white car was allotted to me.

I got no discounts and had to take the dealer's insurance.

As I said earlier, it's a seller's market and there are really no alternatives at the moment.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 16:45   #243
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 61
Thanked: 92 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
3500Km is barely anything. Have you taken it to MG? There is likely a greasing issue or a misalignment.
Just got it checked with MG and you were right. They pointed to door hinges and some parts around the wheel required lubrication. Will observe for few days .
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 22:48   #244
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 216
Thanked: 865 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post

I got no discounts and had to take the dealer's insurance.
That's pretty sad. MG's website explicitly states that buyers can take their own insurance. This was when I was making the booking. Did you try involving MG?
shyampsunder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 23:17   #245
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: KL-40 | KA-03
Posts: 201
Thanked: 688 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
I understand there is a dealer commission involved, but when I checked it with our usual insurance agent (quote attached here), he quoted almost half the price!! But instead of battery and motor in the quote it showed engine and gearbox, which doesn't make sense.
Did the dealer provided insurance document mention that it can cover battery and motor?
or
Did my insurance guy get it wrong?
The third party component definitely seems wrong in the attached quote, as it doesn't vary with insurers and is fixed by MoRTH/IRDA. For an EV with motor power exceeding 65 kW (not battery capacity) just the 3 year TP component comes to Rs 20907 + GST whereas in your quote its only Rs 9044 + GST.

Name:  evtpinsurance.PNG
Views: 546
Size:  51.5 KB

I'm also attaching the gazette notification with the rates.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GSR 394(E) Third Party Premium and liability .pdf (1.30 MB, 65 views)
varkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:21   #246
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 354
Thanked: 908 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
That's pretty sad. MG's website explicitly states that buyers can take their own insurance. This was when I was making the booking. Did you try involving MG?
They didn't refuse to allow us to take our own insurance, however it was strongly implied over the phone that if we wanted the car at any time in the near future we will have to take the dealer's insurance and their mandatory accessories. In fact they collected the entire payment including the insurance component before allotment.

I could have refused to take their insurance but then they would not have allotted the car to me this month citing delays in semiconductors, etc.

My present car is at the end of the road and I desperately need a new car. Having waited almost a year since booking, I couldn't wait any longer.

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 30th August 2022 at 10:23.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:32   #247
BHPian
 
TheHummerGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 67
Thanked: 16 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I booked the Excite version in Oct 2021. When it didn't release in July 2022 as promised, I relented and changed my booking to the Exclusive in the beginning of August 2022.

My colour choice was anything other than black, a white car was allotted to me.

I got no discounts and had to take the dealer's insurance.

As I said earlier, it's a seller's market and there are really no alternatives at the moment.
I am also from Chennai booked the non-ev Astor and waiting since 6 months, I booked in FPL karapakkam, the sales guy told the priority is now 4th for me and may get next month allotted.
TheHummerGuy is offline  
Old 30th August 2022, 15:37   #248
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MYS-BLR
Posts: 256
Thanked: 434 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
As I said earlier, it's a seller's market and there are really no alternatives at the moment.
Dealerships are behaving like thugs these days. Being forced to buy overpriced insurance and accessories leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I have not had a great experience with MG till now. The dealers are not responsive and there is a lack of transparency on the booking status. I have to chase multiple people at the dealership for an update, and at the end I only get a vague answer.

The longer MG delays, the more doubts I have on whether going with ZS EV is the right choice. The ZS EV is at the end of the day is a somewhat dated vehicle. The facelift can only do so much to update an ageing platform. We are also on the cusp of having many more manufacturers in the EV race (Mahindra, BYD etc). I am now thinking that it might make sense to wait for newer models to hit the market before taking the plunge. The arrogant approach of dealerships is certainly not helping MG's case.

I am very close to cancelling my booking and going ahead with an alternative car.

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2022 at 09:18. Reason: back to back posts merged
qaqa is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 15:49   #249
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 57 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

I think BYD and Rivian are worth waiting for, besides Mahindra and Ola
It seems to me that we are presently at the cusp of a major change. It's easy to dismiss this perception, but the world has realised that India is the biggest, and currently only, available market there is!
SanSabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 16:33   #250
BHPian
 
Chrome6Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 354
Thanked: 908 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Dealerships are behaving like thugs these days. Being forced to buy overpriced insurance and accessories leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I have not had a great experience with MG till now. The dealers are not responsive and there is a lack of transparency on the booking status. I have to chase multiple people at the dealership for an update, and at the end I only get a vague answer.

The longer MG delays, the more doubts I have on whether going with ZS EV is the right choice. The ZS EV is at the end of the day is a somewhat dated vehicle. The facelift can only do so much to update an ageing platform. We are also on the cusp of having many more manufacturers in the EV race (Mahindra, BYD etc). I am now thinking that it might make sense to wait for newer models to hit the market before taking the plunge. The arrogant approach of dealerships is certainly not helping MG's case.

I am very close to cancelling my booking and going ahead with an alternative car.
It's really a matter of how long you can wait. Even if you cancel the booking and book another car you are going to have to wait for a while for delivery and perhaps face similar issues as you are facing now.

While the ZS is dated, it is a proven car and runs in other countries besides India in the same specification as it is sold in here. Their facelift is not just cosmetic either, they have changed their motor and battery as well. If you have read this review you know it is probably the best EV in India which is not from a luxury brand. This was my reasoning to stick with my booking instead of shifting to the Nexon EV Max or the Slavia 1.5 TSI.

Curiosity sake, which other car are you considering as an alternative? If you don't mind an EV which is less fun to drive check out the BYD E6. There is a great thread (BYD E6 Electric MPV | Ownership Review) explaining how someone having booked an MG ZS EV decided to change his booking to the E6.

If you need a car in the near future I strongly recommend against waiting for cars which haven't launched yet. I did that with the Altroz EV which was showcased in the 2020 car show and you know what happened next. Especially Mahindra who is really struggling to deliver the cars they have recently launched.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 17:52   #251
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MYS-BLR
Posts: 256
Thanked: 434 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
.

Curiosity sake, which other car are you considering as an alternative?

I agree with your points - I'm also of the opinion that of the choices we have in India, ZS EV is really the best for personal usage. It's just that I'm quite frustrated with the journey so far and hence thinking of alternatives.

I'm close to buying a pre-owned Tucson which I intend to keep for the next couple of years atleast.
qaqa is online now  
Old 30th August 2022, 17:55   #252
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 45
Thanked: 44 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
It's really a matter of how long you can wait. Even if you cancel the booking and book another car you are going to have to wait for a while for delivery and perhaps face similar issues as you are facing now.
I cancelled my MG plans and booked the tucson. Even though the waiting period is the same, the response is much better and the car seems vfm with an overload of features.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th August 2022 at 18:50. Reason: Quote content trimmed
sudiptaadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 08:36   #253
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 6 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Could you please share a picture so I can visualize it better. I need this badly. My carís black, so even after a a trip the mall here in the gurgaon, the rear looks like I just came back from an off road course.
Hi Ankit, I also own a black one and I am also facing up similar issues. If you are coming up with any solutions it would be of great help.
gowtham.13 is offline  
Old 1st September 2022, 19:27   #254
BHPian
 
rajeshrajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 150 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
I cancelled my MG plans and booked the tucson.
Sorry hear that. But the Tucson is a real nice ride. Many happy miles to you. Look forward to hearing from you after your delivery.
rajeshrajan is offline  
Old 3rd September 2022, 17:38   #255
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 73
Thanked: 214 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I'm also of the opinion that of the choices we have in India, ZS EV is really the best for personal usage. It's just that I'm quite frustrated with the journey so far and hence thinking of alternatives.
As someone who booked the MG ZS EV in Dec '21 and finally took delivery this July, let me assure you that the wait has been worthwhile. I have had the vehicle for a month now and done more than 1000 km. It has been an absolute delight to drive.My advice to you is not to take a decision in haste.

My experience with the dealer has been very pleasant. Even when they did not have any clear answer to my queries regarding delivery, they were very polite and patient all through the process.
Rada is offline   (4) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks