Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 12:14   #316
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
It has, just took mine for the second service on friday. Saw 3 brand new ZS EVs standing there in the lot. They were silver but considerably darker, closer to the astor silver. Could be the same with Red

BTW were you able to get the front covered with PPF?
Yep, i feel it's the same red ad the Astor.
So the second service is at 5k is it? Have you taken the service package?

Nope, the front is only ceramic coated. PPF cannot be done on it as it has those "dimples".
Old 10th October 2022, 17:13   #317

Any idea on the lowest price on Insurance that folks were able to negotiate at dealership? I am being quoted 95K for insurance? Any help? Not sure if this is covered already?
Old 10th October 2022, 19:20   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrana View Post
Any idea on the lowest price on Insurance that folks were able to negotiate at dealership? I am being quoted 95K for insurance? Any help? Not sure if this is covered already?
I wasn't able to negotiate it below ₹ 99,107 with the dealership. So i went with Acko at 58K inc gst. The coverage is the same.
speedmiester also went with Acko
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5407042
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 20:21   #319
BHPian

By the way EV folks, Shell is offering ₹ 1 / unit as an inaugural offer at the shell recharge locations. So make use of it while it lasts.
rajeshrajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 23:58   #320
BHPian

I am confused or rather in dichotomy about zs ev.I am staying at a rented apartment and hence no plans to increase sanctioned load and install charger.
1)Whether MG will install the charger after,say2 years,if I shift to my own apartment at that point of time
2)My daily run is about 50 kms.Whether I will be able to manage with a 15 amp socket?
Old 11th October 2022, 09:19   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
I am confused or rather in dichotomy about zs ev.I am staying at a rented apartment and hence no plans to increase sanctioned load and install charger.
1)Whether MG will install the charger after,say2 years,if I shift to my own apartment at that point of time
2)My daily run is about 50 kms.Whether I will be able to manage with a 15 amp socket?
With a daily run of 50 kms, you will consume ~17% of the battery. With the portable 15 amp charger this will take about 3 hours, you can add another 1 hour margin so max 4 hours. You don't even have to charge daily, you can charge on alternate days.

You can confirm with the dealer, but I think the car comes with both AC fast charger and portable 15 amps charger. You just have to differ installation of the AC fast charger till you shift. Worst case you may have to pay for installation.

Please check if MG ZS EV has locking for the charger, to prevent theft of portable charger (in case your current parking is not secure). The original Nexon and Prime does not have this, it got added in all later TATA models, i.e. Max, Tigor and Tiago EVs.
wocanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 15:59   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For your requirement, 15A socket should be fine. You can charge it once in 3 days just to be the safer side. It will take about 14-15Hrs for a top up to 100% from 40%.
I have received the 7.2KW AC charger, but have not installed it. First installation is free of cost, later installation might be done for a fee.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 14:14   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I have received the 7.2KW AC charger,
I haven't installed the 7.2KW charger either.
When i charged it on the portable charger, it went from 60% to 100% in about 8.5 hours.
Old 13th October 2022, 19:52   #324
BHPian

Is it possible to do this wrap in India.I checked with dealer and he agreed to paint it black.But if it is possible to wrap it,then I would prefer that over painting.

Image courtesy- ZS EV Forum.

Also is there any option to limit the percentage of charge to a specific level(say 80%)using the app while charging?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-264242289_10165821184585128_1821831652665062447_n.jpg  

das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 20:43   #325
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Is it possible to do this wrap in India.I checked with dealer and he agreed to paint it black.But if it is possible to wrap it,then I would prefer that over painting.

Also is there any option to limit the percentage of charge to a specific level(say 80%)using the app while charging?
There will be lot of air gap/bubbles. Paint is better.
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 06:50   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
So the second service is at 5k is it? Have you taken the service package?
Yes, first is at 1000k and the second is at 5000k

My advisor told me that it does not make sense to take the AMC package for the EV as the services themselves are really cheap. If you check the MG app(not the i smart one) you will find a service calculator that will give you approx. cost of each service. That should let you do a cost benefit analysis for the AMC
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:14   #327
BHPian

Quote:
This looks good. But like aim120 said it will have to be a paint rather than a wrap.

on the MGiSmart app there is no option to limit the charge percentage. But this option is available when you charge at Bescom or shell (these are the only ones i have used)
Old 14th October 2022, 10:18   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You can try using Plastidip coating instead of painting or wrap. If you do not like the end result you can always remove it easily without leaving any residue.

https://www.amazon.in/Performix-Plas.../dp/B0006SU3QW

I have used Plastidip on the front and back MG logos.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:32   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
You can try using Plastidip coating instead of painting or wrap. If you do not like the end result you can always remove it easily without leaving any residue.

https://www.amazon.in/Performix-Plas.../dp/B0006SU3QW

I have used Plastidip on the front and back MG logos.
Can it be applied directly or do primer needs to be applied first?What about the edges especially on the right and left where the surface is totally flat .Won't it starts peeling from there?
Old 14th October 2022, 11:08   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can it be applied directly or do primer needs to be applied first?What about the edges especially on the right and left where the surface is totally flat .Won't it starts peeling from there?
I have not used it on the grill, just the logo. It can be applied directly.

Not sure of peeling. Atleast with Plastidip, you can remove it fully without any issues.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks