Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2023, 12:24   #511
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
I plan on topping the charge up to 100 through a wall charger from my apartment and then setting out for the trip. I read someone here saying that if we turn the ac to just cooling through the upper vents without using the leg cooling portion and then drive Eco will be okay. I plan on using Eco only. I plan on starting off early, so the sun wont be that harsh for atleast a while. I will also check out the tyre pressure as pointed out by both of you. God Speed
While all these precautions are in order, I feel you are being needlessly anxious for a 200 km journey which your ZS EV will do effortlessly, even if you drive in "NORMAL" mode with the AC set to a comfortable temperature, say 22 or 23C. Have a light foot on the accelerator, brake gently & predictively when you have to, and you should reach Trivandrum with 20% charge still remaining!

Congratulations and Best of Luck!
Rada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 14:12   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
While all these precautions are in order, I feel you are being needlessly anxious for a 200 km journey which your ZS EV will do effortlessly, even if you drive in "NORMAL" mode with the AC set to a comfortable temperature, say 22 or 23C. Have a light foot on the accelerator, brake gently & predictively when you have to, and you should reach Trivandrum with 20% charge still remaining!

The thing is that I didnt even extensively test drive the ZS EV hence this is like a long trip for me right after delivery, hence the abundance in precautions and I am anxious to be honest. Hope I pass the learning curve and learn to calculate the range and stuff like the veterans out here. I am very light on the accelerator and the terrain is flat with no inclines worth mentioning (for those who dont know the terrain) and the braking is something I will need to learn because I plan on putting the KERS to max. Thank you. God Speed
Old 21st January 2023, 14:16   #513
BHPian

Today I opened the bonnet and found the motor bay full of dust. I want to clean it.Is there any hazards involved ? What precautions I need to take?
Old 21st January 2023, 14:18   #514
BHPian

To the admins: Can this thread also be moved to the Electric vehicles section? Would be convenient to look at the threads of all the current EVs in one place.
Old 21st January 2023, 20:00   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Today I opened the bonnet and found the motor bay full of dust. I want to clean it.Is there any hazards involved ? What precautions I need to take?
I wouldnt personally recommend any sort of water based cleaning for the engine bay or electrical bay in this case. I have been told by multiple mechanics to never let anyone spray or vacuum clean the engine bay. Then theres Scotty Kilmer who says that dust is good for the parts. If at all you need to clean the dust off then there might be some neutral spray which you can spray onto a cloth and wipe off carefully certain parts. These sprays are made for this purpose and I have seen them around Amazon but I havent tried any. I would ask a service person at MG, someone knowledgable as to how to tackle the dust. Issue is there are a zillion sensors all over modern vehicles and some of them hate pressure blows and water. God Speed
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:32   #516
BHPian

Quote:
I am very light on the accelerator and the terrain is flat with no inclines worth mentioning (for those who dont know the terrain) and the braking is something I will need to learn because I plan on putting the KERS to max. Thank you. God Speed
If I may suggest, use KERS level 1 or 2 on highway drives to extract more efficiency. I have experienced improvement in range by doing so. When you lift the foot from accelerator on highway, Level 3 will considerably slow down the vehicle and will require more power from battery to attain the same speed as before when you press the accelerator back as compared to level 1 or 2. Level 3 can be used on downhill sections and during city usage.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:15   #517
BHPian

Technical Question:

The internal navigation gives MapmyIndia maps. Now there is an app called Mappls from map my india. It gives you an option for adding an IoT device. To add the device to the app we need to add IMEI number and MMI ID. I am assuming that the car should have both since internal maps are already linked to the car charge status. Anyone has an idea if it’s possible to add the car in mappls? This way we can use mappls inside of CarPlay and Andoid Auto
Old 23rd January 2023, 17:46   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
If I may suggest, use KERS level 1 or 2 on highway drives to extract more efficiency. I have experienced improvement in range by doing so. When you lift the foot from accelerator on highway, Level 3 will considerably slow down the vehicle and will require more power from battery to attain the same speed as before when you press the accelerator back as compared to level 1 or 2. Level 3 can be used on downhill sections and during city usage.
This seems like a really useful tip. Thank you. Only a small part of the highway is double lane and the rest is like single and tilts more towards city driving than Highways. There is always braking involved and over all these years I could never use Cruise control even once between Kochi and Trivandrum. So I will keep your tip in mind when going through the double lane and then stick to KERS 3 as the traffic thickens. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 19:39   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Two things to be kept in mind
  • Avoid using excess water on the motor bay
  • Static Electricity when using a cloth

Best way to clean it is with a blower or compressed air
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 13:13   #520

Quote:

Hi Friends,

I am getting Vehicle Control system fault error on my screen due to multiples times trying to charge car. Am with family and luckily in one restaurant in highway.
Please see if any of you can help.
Regards
Ramesh
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img20230126wa0015.jpg  

Rajala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 15:17   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajala View Post
Hi Friends,

I am getting Vehicle Control system fault error on my screen due to multiples times trying to charge car. Am with family and luckily in one restaurant in highway.
Regards
Ramesh
Really sorry to see this. From what I have read RSA is the only help in this. You might need to have it towed and reset. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 16:04   #522

Quote:
Really sorry to see this. From what I have read RSA is the only help in this. You might need to have it towed and reset. God Speed
Yes, opted for roadside assistance and the towing vehicle will come at 8:20PM. Am in the middle of Bangalore - Hyderabad highway and towing vehicle is coming from Bangalore. They will only take the vehicle to nearest service station which is Bangalore (250kms from break down place). Since I am going to Hyderabad, I asked them to take vehicle to Hyderabad service station (330 kms from break down place). They are asking 9,500 for additional 80 Kms. It didn't make any sense to me so I have decided to go back to Bangalore.
They are providing cab for us to drop at our home in Bangalore and they also said they will arrange for custodian service so that I don't have to wait till the vehicle is towed.
Rajala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 17:16   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajala View Post
Hi Friends,

I am getting Vehicle Control system fault error on my screen due to multiples times trying to charge car.
Ramesh,

Looks like your 12V battery charge is very low.

The car is protecting the battery. If you switch off and start after 10 minutes, it should be OK.

While starting again: Step on the brake very hard when putting the car on READY mode. In a low battery state, the usual gentle push on the brake doesn't make contact and this could be the problem.

Hope this helps!
Rada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 17:21   #524

Quote:
While starting again: Step on the brake very hard when putting the car on READY mode. In a low battery state, the usual gentle push on the brake doesn't make contact and this could be the problem...
Tried your suggestion, unfortunately problem remains
Old 26th January 2023, 17:23   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Ramesh,

Looks like your 12V battery charge is very low.

The car is protecting the battery. If you switch off and start after 10 minutes, it should be OK.

While starting again: Step on the brake very hard when putting the car on READY mode. In a low battery state, the usual gentle push on the brake doesn't make contact and this could be the problem.

Hope this helps!
Keen to know if this works
Pls do let us know @rajala

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks