Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2023, 07:17   #571
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
But as it does not have tpms sensor,the vehicle will keep on giving tpms error. Any work around for this?
I spoke to my advisor for this. Ideally I should have been allowed to install a tpms in the spare wheel at a charge but he said they could not do it.
Old 9th February 2023, 07:30   #572
BHPian

I recently reset my cumulative journey meter because it can only show numbers up to 10000 kms, which is weird on a digital display. The 10k was done at an efficiency of 7.3km/kwh. Post the reset I’ve been driving the car for my daily commute consciously and driving using the efficient one pedal driving techniques that involves modulating the accelerator instead of completely lifting to slow down. My daily commute is close to 60kms one way and this technique has only added an average of 5 minutes to the total 1 hour 20 minutes driving time but has improved the efficiency to 8.4km/kwh for the past 1000 kms.

Last edited by ankitsingh7 : 9th February 2023 at 07:31. Reason: Grammar
ankitsingh7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 09:05   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
I spoke to my advisor for this. Ideally I should have been allowed to install a tpms in the spare wheel at a charge but he said they could not do it.
On the contrary yesterday my service advisor said that tpms sensor can be installed in the spare and it can be used. However he will once again check with the tech team and reconfirm the same along the with the cost involved. I will update here on receipt of any information about this
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 15:36   #574

Are there any perils in shifting to Neutral while the vehicle is in motion? I have accidentally done that the first time, and tried a few more times after that. Especially while cruising downhill, when approaching a toll booth, etc., where you need to slow down and the momentum of the vehicle can maintain the speed and take you there. KERS slows down much faster. Tried this for a few small stretches on my regular office route (25km one way) when I am sure of not obstructing anyone else on the road, and see a marked improvement in the efficiency - from ~6 km/kwh to ~8 km/kwh.

Verified that putting in Neutral doesn't impair the vehicle in any way, and everything seems to be working fine including brakes & speed warnings. Wanted to check with the experts if this can be tried or is it a strict no, and the reasons for that.
AutoEnthuHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 16:22   #575

How is the battery de-gradation for MG EVs? I have read in other forums that it is too much compared to other EVs in the market. Any long term owners who can give an update about it? And novice question can we check it ourselves?
Old 9th February 2023, 17:39   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
improved the efficiency to 8.4km/kwh for the past 1000 kms.
That is so cool. I got this just once in the last 10K kms. It was 220km stretch from Bangalore to Thiruvannamalai.
My averages are usually between 6.5 and 7.5km/kwh.
Old 9th February 2023, 17:43   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoEnthuHyd View Post
Are there any perils in shifting to Neutral while the vehicle is in motion? I have accidentally done that the first time, and tried a few more times after that. Especially while cruising downhill, when approaching a toll booth, etc., where you need to slow down and the momentum of the vehicle can maintain the speed and take you there. KERS slows down much faster. Tried this for a few small stretches on my regular office route (25km one way) when I am sure of not obstructing anyone else on the road, and see a marked improvement in the efficiency - from ~6 km/kwh to ~8 km/kwh.

Verified that putting in Neutral doesn't impair the vehicle in any way, and everything seems to be working fine including brakes & speed warnings. Wanted to check with the experts if this can be tried or is it a strict no, and the reasons for that.
I did try it a couple of time for a few meters. Cos i drive ICE cars that way. I m certainly going to try this soon.
Or wait till any of the experts here comments on whether we can do it or not.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 06:32   #578
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy and wish you many wonderful safe miles of motoring ahead. I do believe the era of IC engines is done and this is the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
2. My booking to delivery was 3 weeks
Did i read this right? Only 3weeks? I had enquired 6-7 months back and quit because the wait periods were indeterminately long. Maybe I need to recheck.
Old 10th February 2023, 09:29   #579
BHPian

There is something weird I noticed with the Kwh being displayed. Whenever I take the car out for the day the Kwh climbs from 3.5 to 4 to 5 and settles around 6.5 maximum. After driving for like 10 or 12 kilometers if I park the car for like 1 hour and then drive again the Kwh starts off at 8 and then 9 and 10 and finally settles to around 9.5 and all throughout that drive of say maybe 15 kilometers. The first drive always shows less. Is it because the battery is cold and then this improves as it warms up? I have been thinking of this for the past few days but then I am ignorant about EVs in general. Can someone enlighten? God Speed
Old 10th February 2023, 10:35   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgntpepper View Post
Congrats on the new buy and wish you many wonderful safe miles of motoring ahead. I do believe the era of IC engines is done and this is the future.

Did i read this right? Only 3weeks? I had enquired 6-7 months back and quit because the wait periods were indeterminately long. Maybe I need to recheck.
Thank you. ZS EV is readily available, at least in Bangalore. And I am reasonably sure that choice of colour is available for Exclusive variant. MG has started advertising Exchange Offers and rewards scheme - so one should be able to extract some freebies / discount as well.

~sm
serious_maniac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 00:07   #581
BHPian

Hi everyone,
After a looong wait, I got my car allocated. Did the PDI and everything looks good, except for the resolution of the 360 camera. It is not sharp and pixelated as seen in the infotainment screen.

Was wondering if that is how it is? Or, if there is some defect in the one that I had seen?
Old 13th February 2023, 09:55   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvin View Post
Hi everyone,
After a looong wait, I got my car allocated. Did the PDI and everything looks good, except for the resolution of the 360 camera. It is not sharp and pixelated as seen in the infotainment screen.

Was wondering if that is how it is? Or, if there is some defect in the one that I had seen?
The reverse camera and the 360 camera leave a lot to be desired. Its a VGA camera it seems. I recently got a 360 camera for my friends Corolla from an accessories shop and I was like wow great quality and then when I checked the ZS EVs I was like this is not even half as good as that third party one from a local shop. So yeah, don't be worried. It's not a defect. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 09:49   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4839 View Post
Hello BHPians,

Two things I wanted to get your opinion on:

1. Knocking/Clicking Sound from the Steering : I started hearing like knocking or clicking sound from the steering, called the Tech person at MG showroom and he said its a functional sound and nothing to worry about. But I read online that it happens when the universal joint in the steering column collapess. I have not read anything on this in the forum, anyone experienced this?
I have this same click issue. I hear it rarely in city speeds and can also feel it very lightly while turning. I do a lot of my driving on highways and I've never noticed it then.

I never thought much about it as this is my first EV and the car is so eerily quiet and with zero vibrations I felt perhaps this same click is masked in ICE cars. Maybe the tire noise during highway drives masks the click.

I've driven 10,000 KMs and the click hasn't gotten worse or better since then.
Old 16th February 2023, 11:00   #584
BHPian

ZS Ev is having one type a and type c usb ports in the front console out of which only the type a port is compatible with android auto or playing music via pen drive.
Is the type c port only meant for charging devices?
I am using Carlinkit wireless carplay dongle in the type a port. Even after turning off the ignition, the dongle is powered(both white light and red light in the dongle blinks) by the USB port. Is this normal?
Old 16th February 2023, 21:53   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Lot of sound is coming from front suspension even at slight undulations in the road.I can feel vibration in the steering even when I run over cat's eye indicators on the road.Are these normal?

Also the rear door won't close with slight push and I really need to apply force.Is this also normal?

I have done 3500 kilometers and my previous ride was VW Vento 1.6 TDI
I felt the same until I took air pressure down to 36PSI on all four. 41PSI is too high for this car. I think in UK/Australia models recommended pressure I saw online was around 34PSI. Please double check from your side.

Read that a low rolling resistance tyres should never be under-inflated, maximum pressure should be maintained. Tyres looks fine after driving >200kms in 36PSI. It doesn't look under-inflated either.

Also doors need a good push. It's normal.
lime is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed