Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2023, 18:03   #601
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Thank you RajeshRajan and HappyRider.

I have visited the stock yard for PDI and disappointed to see Ceat Secura Drive tyres on atleast 5-6 EVs including mine. Have asked to check for UC6s even though if its a different color. Awaiting update. Disappointed.
Old 27th February 2023, 18:06   #602
BHPian

After driving the MG ZS EV for 28 days and crossing 1100 Kilometres on the ODO something sad happened. I started the car as usual and I saw an error, Vehicle Control System Fault. It was an yellow warning. I could shift and drive the car but I didn't and I waited and took it to the service center the next day and the car wouldn't go beyond 55KMPH and it would lose power occassionally on the way. After checking the wiring they found what seems to be rat dropping and found a wiring detached. I usually open the bonnet every two or three days and check the fluid levels but never noticed this so it must have happened all off a sudden which is strange. Anyways I left the car at the Trivandum MG service center on Friday and have given the original documents to claim insurance. My insurance was taken via MG when I bought the car. They have informed me that they have informed the insurance folks and the process will begin. They have told me 20 days is what it will take to get the car back.

I was waiting to cover 2000 KMs and write a detailed review after I use a Fast charger and all but alas I will have to wait for all that. I didn't feel like updating here on Friday, when this whole event transpired and I had to take a few days to feel a little less glum. God Speed

Last edited by DrZhivago : 27th February 2023 at 18:13. Reason: Adding information and spelling issues
DrZhivago is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 20:50   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitadikonda View Post

I have visited the stock yard for PDI and disappointed to see Ceat Secura Drive tyres on atleast 5-6 EVs including mine. Have asked to check for UC6s even though if its a different color. Awaiting update. Disappointed.
I also got Ceat SecuraDrive tyres and was a tad disappointed. When asked my SA, he mentioned that it depends on the batch of the cars and all the 2023 manufactured models, according to him, were coming with Ceat tyres.
vinvin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 10:36   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
They have told me 20 days is what it will take to get the car back.
WOAH 20 Days!!!!!
Why on earth would it take 20 days!!!
Old 28th February 2023, 10:45   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitadikonda View Post

The Ceat Secura Drive is 215/60 R17 vs Continental UC6 that is 215/55 R17, i wonder if that will impact the ride quality and tire noise at higher speeds. -If anyone knows the difference please do enlighten us.
Apart from that i see that the Ceat Secura Drive is cheaper than the UC6.
Hope you get the UC6 since you want it.
Old 28th February 2023, 10:49   #606
BHPian

The Ceat one’s I have seen are 215/55, totally skeptical about tyre noise.
Old 28th February 2023, 12:00   #607
BHPian

Hi.. need advice from friends in Karnataka.

I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Chikkamagaluru in 2nd half of March. I was wondering whether I can comfortably use my MG ZS EV 2022 version. I have checked plugshare and it seems before entering Karnataka my last charging option is in Gooty near Anantapur. From there Chikkamagaluru is around 349 Kms. So, I will have to stop for a top up either at Chitradurga (210 km) or Hiriyur (214 km). I have to use them as back up option of the other.

Now my question is even though 210-214 kms is quite easy with MG ZS EV in normal circumstances, I am not aware of terrain and road conditions in this route. Is anyone familiar with these routes. If so, can you please let me know if I would be fine or should I be cautious. Please note that this trip would be with my family. So, cannot afford any adventures

Honestly, I don't want to borrow an ICE car from any of my friends and give them any opportunity to say "I told you". I would rather proudly show them that EV only is an option in India now.
HappyRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 12:07   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
WOAH 20 Days!!!!!
Why on earth would it take 20 days!!!
I have no idea. Should I be worried? It's actually a single wire thats cut but they told the entire wiring kit has to be changed and procuring it and fixing it will take that much time. I have never used an EV before so if they want to they can bluff. What do you think I should do? I talked with the guy now and he said rat bite issues have two insurance surveyor visits and first one will happen tomorrow as month end the surveyor doesn't come, I don't know. Then they dismantle and check the damage and then surveyor approves and then they order the part and part dispatch takes time from MG and then all this usually takes a month. He told accident case and rat bite cases are different that's why. My insurance is from MG directly. God Speed

Last edited by DrZhivago : 28th February 2023 at 12:17.
Old 28th February 2023, 14:00   #609
BHPian

Quote:
I have no idea. Then they dismantle and check the damage and then surveyor approves and then they order the part and part dispatch takes time from MG and then all this usually takes a month. He told accident case and rat bite cases are different that's why. My insurance is from MG directly. God Speed
Did they provide any spare car for you? Check your insurance may include a courtesy car cover during down times. 20 days sounds huge inconvenience for the owner.
Old 28th February 2023, 14:16   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post

I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Chikkamagaluru in 2nd half of March. I was wondering whether I can comfortably use my MG ZS EV 2022 version. I have checked plugshare and it seems before entering Karnataka my last charging option is in Gooty near Anantapur. From there Chikkamagaluru is around 349 Kms. So, I will have to stop for a top up either at Chitradurga (210 km) or Hiriyur (214 km). I have to use them as back up option of the other.
350Kms on a full charge with AC is easily doable. Ensure the speeds are between 80-90KMPH. Keep an eye on the KM/KW and if this number is above 7.5KM/KW, you can easily do it without stopping.

In terms of terrain, you will climb up to Chikmaglur from 385 meters to just above 1000meters (Gooty to Chikmaglur). This is a steep climb and will have an effect on range.

I have driven 350Kms with AC in 85% charge at avg speeds of 62KMPH. If you are not comfortable, then do a quick top up at Chitradurga or Hiriyur, a quick 20-30mins stop is sufficient.
speedmiester is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 15:35   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
350Kms on a full charge with AC is easily doable. Ensure the speeds are between 80-90KMPH. Keep an eye on the KM/KW and if this number is above 7.5KM/KW, you can easily do it without stopping.

In terms of terrain, you will climb up to Chikmaglur from 385 meters to just above 1000meters (Gooty to Chikmaglur). This is a steep climb and will have an effect on range.

I have driven 350Kms with AC in 85% charge at avg speeds of 62KMPH. If you are not comfortable, then do a quick top up at Chitradurga or Hiriyur, a quick 20-30mins stop is sufficient.
Thank you !!

Any idea how good/bad the roads are? They seem to be state highways and in small stretches rural roads.
Old 2nd March 2023, 10:59   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Did anybody here that bought their 2022 ZS EV last year after the extremely long wait, get their MG "Worth waiting for" goodies? Will be changing the car soon and still no sign of the mini fridge

I am one of those, who are still waiting. I called the MG call centre a month ago and reminded them, but so far, I have not heard anything from them!

Last edited by Rada : 2nd March 2023 at 11:00. Reason: Grammar and syntax
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:40   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post

Now my question is even though 210-214 kms is quite easy with MG ZS EV in normal circumstances, I am not aware of terrain and road conditions in this route. Is anyone familiar with these routes. If so, can you please let me know if I would be fine or should I be cautious. Please note that this trip would be with my family. So, cannot afford any adventures
I would suggest topping up either at Chitradurga or Hiryur mainly because once you cut off from the main highway (Hyd-Blore), you will not be able to keep a steady speed for long distances because of the single-lane roads and that would be all the way to Chiikkamagalur and that top up would be quick anyway.

Quote:
I have no idea. Should I be worried? It's actually a single wire thats cut but they told the entire wiring kit has to be changed and procuring it and fixing it will take that much time. I have never used an EV before so if they want to they can bluff. What do you think I should do? I talked with the guy now and he said rat bite issues have two insurance surveyor visits and first one will happen tomorrow as month end the surveyor doesn't come, I don't know. Then they dismantle and check the damage and then surveyor approves and then they order the part and part dispatch takes time from MG and then all this usually takes a month. He told accident case and rat bite cases are different that's why. My insurance is from MG directly. God Speed
I remember in 2020, a part that had failed on my sister's car had to be procured from China and it took a couple of weeks. Not sure if that is still the case and if it is, it would take time. Just keep following up so they knows you need the car at the earliest.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 21:13   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Did they provide any spare car for you? Check your insurance may include a courtesy car cover during down times. 20 days sounds huge inconvenience for the owner.
They haven't asked about the spare car and all. I don't think they would. Maybe I should ask the insurance person. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 14:49   #615
BHPian

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with Raam MG Gachibowli, Hyderabad!

I booked my ZS EV on 26th Feb, since they have car readily available in stock I scheduled a PDI at their yard on 27th Feb. The vehicle allotted to me had a scratch. Displeased and disappointment I immediately requested for another VIN, completed the PDI and confirmed the vehicle then and there it was informing them about tentative delivery today (4th March) that is 5 days in advance.

Downpayment, Loan was completed in next two days. I followed up with the SA about delivery yesterday (3rd March) and he informed me accessories fitting is taking place in the stockyard followed by ceramic and we are all set for the delivery.

10:30pm on friday SA pings me informing there is a delay in ceramic and suggested he will deliver the car and asked me to get it back to them on Monday morning so that they can complete the ceramic by evening. I hesitatingly agreed because today is an auspicious day and didn’t wanted to miss out on delivery, I informed I will pick the car today at 4pm.

1:30pm - 2.5 hours before delivery, no signs of TR.

To my horror, SA calls me at 2pm informing me that they have lost the keys of the car somewhere in the stockyard and accessories fitting is pending, asked me for a day extra.

NOTE: the same SA told me on friday that the accessories fitting is taking place already.

I was furious, this is not what you want to hear 2 hours before the delivery when you/family are excited to get the car.

My ultimatum was to either have the car by EoD today or my money back (TR is still yet to happen, amidst of of all this).

I wonder if they are sleeping since Monday evening, its not like they deliver 100 cars a day to understand they missed the coordination in all this chaos.

Very furious, very disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-a555f512901e48ea9b02bba2cc5adabe.jpeg  

Most Viewed