Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2023, 15:23   #616
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

That's really bad. In Hyderabad RAAM group has kind of monopoly on MG. That is why it seems they have this attitude. I know there is a new dealer now in Hyderabad. Hopefully competition will put some sense back in RAAM group. They were good when I took my delivery back in August 2022.
Old 6th March 2023, 10:31   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Hi.. need advice from friends in Karnataka.

I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Chikkamagaluru in 2nd half of March. I was wondering whether I can comfortably use my MG ZS EV 2022 version. I have checked plugshare and it seems before entering Karnataka my last charging option is in Gooty near Anantapur. From there Chikkamagaluru is around 349 Kms. So, I will have to stop for a top up either at Chitradurga (210 km) or Hiriyur (214 km). I have to use them as back up option of the other.

Now my question is even though 210-214 kms is quite easy with MG ZS EV in normal circumstances, I am not aware of terrain and road conditions in this route. Is anyone familiar with these routes. If so, can you please let me know if I would be fine or should I be cautious. Please note that this trip would be with my family. So, cannot afford any adventures

Honestly, I don't want to borrow an ICE car from any of my friends and give them any opportunity to say "I told you". I would rather proudly show them that EV only is an option in India now.
I am not sure about the terrain but Zeon chitradurga does not work always (my latest trip few days back). In Devangere ChargeZone works well though not very fast. Even though it is rated at 30kw I think the actual charging speed is lot lower.

There are also few chargers in Tumkur. Please plan accordingly in case you have to drive extra kms.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 21:35   #618
BHPian

Completed my first road trip with the ZS EV

Did a road trip from Bengaluru to Wayanad over the weekend.
The new expressway from BLR to Mysuru is fantastic and is a boon to drive. Stayed the night at Mysuru, charged at Zeon charger at Mall of Mysore to drive to Wayanad, the next day. (Attaching a few pictures from the stay at Wayanad.)

First experience with DC fast charging. After seeing how slow this car charges with home charger, it was crazy to see the speed at which the car was lapping the amperes it was being fed. Charged at 49kw until 85% and then reduced to low speeds.

Drove mostly in Normal mode with KERS at 2. Did go for sports mode at a couple of empty stretches of the road.. What fun!

A few observations/thoughts/feelings:
Realised that the driving modes alter the rate of acceleration while KERS controls the rate of deceleration.

Did not find the power lacking in ECO mode. However, the AC was seriously lacking! There was no cooling despite the temperature lowered down all the way. I did try turning off the AC towards the feet.. no improvement. I'll try adding sun shades to see if this improves.

Still feels surreal that you are charging a car and off you go!
Completed the trip with an avg. mileage of 7.4km/kWH. I'm hoping that this will improve further given that I drive mostly around 90kmph.

When I had thought I successfully completed the trip of ~650km, I had got the car scratched on the bumper, when I was parking my car after the journey, at home! :facepalm: Wondering how to get it removed?!
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-wayanadstay2.jpeg  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-wayanadstay.jpeg  

Last edited by vinvin : 6th March 2023 at 21:59. Reason: Typos
vinvin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 12:51   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvin View Post
Completed my first road trip with the ZS EV

Did a road trip from Bengaluru to Wayanad over the weekend.
Congratulations on your new ride.

Quote:
Did not find the power lacking in ECO mode. However, the AC was seriously lacking!
If you are driving during the day then you are better off driving in Normal mode with the air volume set to medium (can be found in the settings) The difference in range is usually just 20KM.

I do this route quite often in my ZS EV.
Just a note for anyone who is planning this route, we dont need to charge at Mysore as the ZS will easily get you to Wayanad from Bangalore on a single charge. Mysore chargers (Zeon at Mall of Mysore/Tata at MG/ JioBP at Nexus Mall) are usually busy during the day and you end up spending atleast an hour and half or more for waiting and charging.
Wayanad has a few fast chargers at Meenangadi, Kalpatta and Vythiri. So you can top up before you head back or if you intend to drive further down to Kozhikode.

Putting this info here so incase someone wants to plan a drive.
rajeshrajan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 06:01   #620

Quote:
I also got Ceat SecuraDrive tyres and was a tad disappointed. When asked my SA, he mentioned that it depends on the batch of the cars and all the 2023 manufactured models, according to him, were coming with Ceat tyres.
I had booked 2023 ZS EV Exclusive in white on 31st Mar and got it delivered on Feb 6th. My car had the continental UC6 tyres and not the ceats.
Old 9th March 2023, 19:27   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanvivek View Post
I had booked 2023 ZS EV Exclusive in white on 31st Mar and got it delivered on Feb 6th. My car had the continental UC6 tyres and not the ceats.

Congratulations on your new car, the ZS EV. I hope you enjoy your carbon-free miles! It's impressive that you received your car within just one week of booking it. I'm curious, was it a newly manufactured car or one that had been sitting in the yard for a while?

If you don't mind, could you share your experience with purchasing the car? Also, do you have any plans for solar energy?"
Old 9th March 2023, 20:59   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post
Congratulations on your new car, the ZS EV. I hope you enjoy your carbon-free miles! It's impressive that you received your car within just one week of booking it. I'm curious, was it a newly manufactured car or one that had been sitting in the yard for a while?

If you don't mind, could you share your experience with purchasing the car? Also, do you have any plans for solar energy?"

Oops ! My mistake. It is almost 1 year. Not 1 week
To moderator. I can't see the edit options . Please merge two posts if possible
Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 20:51   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemechanic View Post

Hello. I think there was some confusion with the time stamps. I got this car last month Feb 2023. My entire buying experience was super impulsive and entirely driven by what research I do on team-bhp. One morning I had this urge to get an electric car to replace my Polo GT 1.2 TSI. Quick compare of all the available options and some research here made the ZS EV stand out. I am a stickler for good interiors and this had the best interiors in this category. Additional plus points were the range, performance and creature comforts.
Gave a call to the MG dealer on 29-Jan for a test drive and they brought over the car in less than an hour. A 30 minute test drive later I was sold! I asked them to come the next day to finish booking formalities and to evaluate my polo for exchange.
30-Jan - car valuation was done. Good price offered and accepted and I finalised the booking and started the loan formalities which was also done in a day. All this was done only after they confirmed that they had 3 MY2023 cars sitting in yard for immediate delivery. I was also offered MY2022 in red color which I was not interested though they gave me a decent discount.
2-Feb - all bank formalities completed, loan disbursed and car allocated. Got the pics of the car and the VIN.
3-Feb - they were not able to register the car because of some local issue at the RTO and moved it to Monday 6-Feb
6-Feb - car was registered in the morning and delivery done the same evening.

Been very happy with the car so far. Will do another post soon on what all I have done to the car so far and on first impressions.
chanvivek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 07:45   #624
BHPian

Hi all,

So, whenever I drive my car and get out.. I get a static shock when I touch the door to close it! Happens to both on the driver and the passenger side!

This happened once or twice initially but is now happening consistently!

Have any of you experienced this in ZS or in an electric car?

What could I do?
Old 12th March 2023, 12:20   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

So, whenever I drive my car and get out.. I get a static shock when I touch the door to close it! Happens to both on the driver and the passenger side!
Probably nothing to do with your car.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...s-2551249.html
I get it when touching car handles, door handles, water taps and even if I shake hands with someone.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 02:40   #626
BHPian

So, this happened today

Was coming back from office around 2am. Flat terrain except for two flyovers. More than 90% it was one pedal drive.

AC on at 20 deg with Fan Speed 4. All AC vents shut off (for better cooling on Eco) except for the one by the driver door pointed towards me.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-79d97a940b234dd79b917e405450ddc4.jpeg  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-b5de0fecd499450aab9f23c3efeb1ff1.jpeg  

Last edited by vinitadikonda : 14th March 2023 at 02:44. Reason: Added one more picture.
vinitadikonda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 05:55   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitadikonda View Post
So, this happened today

Was coming back from office around 2am. Flat terrain except for two flyovers. More than 90% it was one pedal drive.

AC on at 20 deg with Fan Speed 4. All AC vents shut off (for better cooling on Eco) except for the one by the driver door pointed towards me.
Woah!!! Thats some serious efficiency.
Old 15th March 2023, 09:26   #628
BHPian

Hello folks,
I'm a newbie to cars and I have a question regarding the suspension and shock absorbers.

The part of the city I live in has very bad roads (You could say that this is the case with any part of Bangalore :P). Now we all know that the suspension of the MG ZS is such that you feel the road with the recommended tyre pressure of 41.

Owing to the bad roads, the body movement inside the car is way too much and I would like to solve this. I have reduced the tyre pressure to 36 and it is amenable but still not satisfactory.

How can I make the ride more pliant and comfortable?
Will adding a spring coil spring buffer to the rear help?
Should I change the shocks?

Would appreciate your thoughts reg. this.
Old 16th March 2023, 09:54   #629

Hello everyone
This is my first post on team-bhp. Been a long time lurker though.
Need your good suggestions on something I have been losing sleep over. I have booked the Hycross and ZS EV. There is not definite word from the Toyota dealer on when I will get my allotment. Yesterday I received news of allotment of my ZS EV Excite model but now I'm worried about the availability of spare parts. Mine will be a single car garage as I do not need more than one car at the moment. So this single car has to be available everyday. On the days my Ecosport was unavailable, I have faced great hardship and do not want to go through the same knowing the ZS EV may have parts availability issues. I read about @Dr. Zhivago's problems with wiring and the following insurance/parts availability lead time grind he faced.

What has been your experience with the parts availability for the ZS EV? Give the traffic and state of our roads, I fear frequent service station visits and relatively long time separation from a car that I need daily.
It will be great to hear from you what you would have done in my situation as you may have gone through something similar at the time of your ZS E purchase.
Cheers
Old 16th March 2023, 13:19   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalanallahudug View Post
Yesterday I received news of allotment of my ZS EV Excite model but now I'm worried about the availability of spare parts.

What has been your experience with the parts availability for the ZS EV? Give the traffic and state of our roads, I fear frequent service station visits and relatively long time separation from a car that I need daily.
MG gives 5 years warranty, 5 free services and 5 years' Road side Assistance for the ZS EV, if I remember correctly. And this should give you some peace of mind as far as the vehicle and its parts availability are concerned. What @DrZhivago faced, i think, was a one-off incident, unfortunate though it doubtless was. There are at least 50-odd ZS EV owners in this forum, who are perfectly happy with their rides and have never had to go to the service centre, except for routine service.

Also, please keep in mind that the number of parts in an EV is substantially less when compared to an ICE or HYBRID vehicle.

Hope this helps!
Rada is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks